We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV148149150151152NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

PootisSpencer
#2981 Posted : 1/5/2019 3:32:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Im new to this
I just did Lazyman Tek 1st time and got no yield.
Trying to figure out what went wrong.
If anyone can help that would be great.

Here's what I did :
- mixed 2.5 liters of water with 250 ml of (liquid) Lye (aka caustic soda) and stirred the mixture. Using a 5 l weckpot.
- added 250 g powdered Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark to the mixture and stirred again.
- added 200 ml Petroleum Ether. I figured I didnt need to let the mixture soak for 2 hours since I use powdered MHRB so added petroleum ether rightaway. is that the problem??
- shook the mixture and let the solvent separate out.
- put solvent on glass baking dash and evaporate with fan.
- Just nothing on the glass baking dish after evap..

Please help with this thanks
PS: I dont have a freezer hence I evaporate it with a fan

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Atmozic
#2982 Posted : 1/5/2019 6:16:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PootisSpencer wrote:
Im new to this
I just did Lazyman Tek 1st time and got no yield.
Trying to figure out what went wrong.
If anyone can help that would be great.

Here's what I did :
- mixed 2.5 liters of water with 250 ml of (liquid) Lye (aka caustic soda) and stirred the mixture. Using a 5 l weckpot.
- added 250 g powdered Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark to the mixture and stirred again.
- added 200 ml Petroleum Ether. I figured I didnt need to let the mixture soak for 2 hours since I use powdered MHRB so added petroleum ether rightaway. is that the problem??
- put solvent on glass baking dash and evaporate with fan.
- Just nothing on the glass baking dish after evap..

Please help with this thanks

I'm not an expert by any means, I'm only relating my most recent experience. Yes you definitely need to leave it sit for 2 hours and then some. The reaction that is occurring is actually extracting the DMT, it's not due to surface area as far as I can tell. And I can say that because my first attempt I didn't follow the tek times as they were intended (misinterpretation) and as a result I got nothing.

pete666
#2983 Posted : 1/5/2019 8:49:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PootisSpencer wrote:

What was the concentration of the lye? There should be 250g in the water.

PootisSpencer wrote:

You should get something without soaking, but even powdered bark has still mostly intact cells, which have to be lysed. I suggest leaving the mixture for 24h with ocassional shaking.
But again, this is not a must, it just improves gain.

PootisSpencer wrote:

shake as much(and as long) as possible, let separate and repeat this cycle 3 times for first pull, 6 times for second pull

PootisSpencer wrote:

I strongly suggest freeze-precipitation. Probability of contamination is lower.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

PootisSpencer
#2984 Posted : 1/5/2019 1:28:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
PootisSpencer wrote:

PootisSpencer wrote:

You should get something without soaking, but even powdered bark has still mostly intact cells, which have to be lysed. I suggest leaving the mixture for 24h with ocassional shaking.
But again, this is not a must, it just improves gain.

PootisSpencer wrote:

shake as much(and as long) as possible, let separate and repeat this cycle 3 times for first pull, 6 times for second pull

PootisSpencer wrote:

I strongly suggest freeze-precipitation. Probability of contamination is lower.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.
Alright so would I let it soak in a place at room temperature? is 2 hours long enough?
With the evaporation (although not recommended) method you dont need different pulls right? u Just get it all at once.
Also I used caustic soda (liquid containing NaOH) from the hardware store, but guessing I should use granulated lye instead.
But shouldn't I have got at least some yield from 250g MHRB instead of nothing?
WHat other mistakes did I make

PootisSpencer
#2985 Posted : 1/5/2019 1:38:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
PootisSpencer wrote:

According to lazyman tek it should be half that??? so 125 g

pete666
#2986 Posted : 1/5/2019 1:39:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PootisSpencer wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

No problem. But please read FAQ first, ask only what you don't find there or in the forum.

PootisSpencer wrote:

Alright so would I let it soak in a place at room temperature? is 2 hours long enough?

The more, the better. I suggest 24hrs

PootisSpencer wrote:

With the evaporation (although not recommended) method you dont need different pulls right? u Just get it all at once.

No, you need many pulls

PootisSpencer wrote:

Also I used caustic soda (liquid containing NaOH) from the hardware store, but guessing I should use granulated lye instead.

It doesn't have to be granulated, as far as it is PURE.
You just need to recalculate how much is in the solution and keep 1:1 (mhrb:lye) ratio

PootisSpencer wrote:

But shouldn't I have got at least some yield from 250g MHRB instead of nothing?
WHat other mistakes did I make

Yes, you should get something, although much less than when done correctly.
Select the TEK, understand how it works (faq, search in forums/google), keep it to the point and if still not successfull, come and ask

Good luck friend
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

egsilva
#2987 Posted : 1/7/2019 8:02:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to ask the most basic question of them all, which stands from the fact that English is not my native language coupled with the fact that Im in biology not chemistry Smile

Im tying my first tek which what I thought was the most straight forward, which is the extraction using ethanol, vinegar and sodium carbonate. Im very excited, just don't want to do something wrong.

I've lived in the USA for 15 years so I can get around but this is an entirely new vocabulary for me and some things like "pull" , "filter the pull" confuses me, sadly.

Thank you for any help!

downwardsfromzero
#2988 Posted : 1/7/2019 5:08:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

"pull" simply refers (in the case of the method you propose) to the ethanol after it has soaked through the basified plant material. Filtering is a basic technique like making coffee in a paper cone to keep the solids separate from the extracted liquid.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

egsilva
#2989 Posted : 1/8/2019 12:33:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you so much

jordango22887
#2990 Posted : 1/11/2019 2:19:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone!
I just joined today seeking information, but I will keep this brief so it does not drag on. I have used an aya method three times, I have posted the link with the method below. Each time I used this method, I got a little closer to the desired effect. But each time the experience died a short time after intake. Now each experience became more powerful and closer to the desired effect, but unfortunately wore off after around MAYBE an hour TOPS. No purge, no long-lasting desired effects. Just an intensity that was definitely the brew taking hold, only to dissolve after a short period leaving me confused and a little frustrated. The last time I thought, "This is it, it's finally happening!" To the point of visual effects and physical feelings that could not be denied. So here is the link for the method:

https://erowid.org/chemi...ca/ayahuasca_info9.shtml

Now, IF I had 455 grms of WHOLE banisteropsis caapi in the red vine variety and 100 grms Mimosa root bark SHREDDED, what might be the best aya method if the link above is not the best? Also, would there be enough vine material if a person MIGHT want to extract DMT for a different type of use? Would there be enough for both if a person felt they wanted to have both experiences? What would be the easiest, yet effective methods for both? Any help is appreciated, one just wants to have the experiences something like these compounds might have to offer. Thanks! Very happy

remyman612
#2991 Posted : 1/16/2019 6:49:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quick question; I've read that it's okay to take multiple days to do an extraction (as in; the tek might yield more yellow DMT since it will probably pull more plant material, but thats ok - you could always re-X). I'm just wondering if the MHRB soup + vinegar/salt + NaOH will mess up my (borosilicum) glassware? My biggest fear is getting home and seeing it spilled out all over the floor...

Basically; when is my glassware at risk? I mix my NaOH with water in a separate container to avoid excessive heat in my labglass; I presume that once the entire soup has cooled I can store it for a long time without worrying that my glass will suddenly shatter?

pete666
#2992 Posted : 1/16/2019 7:54:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Borosillicate glass is ok with lye concentrations used for our purposes (STB). If you don't use STB, it is negligible, as the concentration is even lower. Even occassional heating (last pull, emulsions, ...) is not of a problem. If there is any problem, it is from heat shocks, which is easy to avoid by caution.
Nonetheless, I would minimize the time the mixure is within glass container and change the glassware every 30 Pleased extractions if you want to be super safe.
And, the most important rule - do all the shaking/handling above the sink. Just a precaution, but very important.

remyman612
#2993 Posted : 1/17/2019 5:58:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
Borosillicate glass is ok with lye concentrations used for our purposes (STB). If you don't use STB, it is negligible, as the concentration is even lower. Even occassional heating (last pull, emulsions, ...) is not of a problem. If there is any problem, it is from heat shocks, which is easy to avoid by caution.
Nonetheless, I would minimize the time the mixure is within glass container and change the glassware every 30 Pleased extractions if you want to be super safe.
And, the most important rule - do all the shaking/handling above the sink. Just a precaution, but very important.

great, thanks a lot!

misfit
#2994 Posted : 1/19/2019 5:29:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In regards to a straight to base extraction, my understanding where for every gram of mhrb used 15ml of distilled water and 1 gram of NaOH is needed. But what is the ratio for my nonpolar solvent nahptha? I plan on doing a small extraction for my first time. 25g of powdered mhrb. Thanks guys for an help you can give!
EDIT:
Found the answer I was looking for. 1ml naphtha per gram of RB used!
A pursuit in the Right to alter ones mental functioning as they see fit...

crystalline clarity unchained

intheshadows
#2995 Posted : 1/19/2019 8:54:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is my first time extracting DMT, and I did the following steps.

I shredded 50g of mimosa hostilis root bark as fine as possible, added 50g of Lye to 750ml of water. Then mixed the bark and the Lye together and let it sit in the counter for 1 hour.

Then I added 50ml of naphtha to the mix, and gently stirred and turned upside down the mix a few times for 1 minute. It's been sitting on the counter for a while, and there is some separation, but I'm not sure if the separation is big enough.

Based on the following photo, can you guys tell me is this is normal or if I made a mistake during the process?

If not, how do I fix it?

Thanks

pastanostra
#2996 Posted : 1/19/2019 9:44:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From what you said, it seems good.
Some tricks you can try :

- try to see if you see naptha bubble coming to the surface
if you see, let more time to separate

- Your jar seems large so 50mL seems very little to easibiliy pull it, you can add 50 or 100mL more to the mix, then mix and let separate.

- Sometimes naptha hardly come up to the surface, so adding a bit of water, a bit of warm can help the mix being more liquid than soupy.(allways be carefull if you warm basic soup).

- You can try to mesure your PH and see "where you are".

- You can try to let your mix on a subwoofer of washing machine or a thing that produce vibration to help the naptha to go at surface.

- Try to transfert your mix in a bottle with a thin neck, that would be easier to pull.

If you don't have a bottle like that you can try to :

Mix hardly your naptha + basic mix and let separate.
Take a Champagne cup, and try to transfert in all naptha + little basic mix, then let fully separate, it should be easier to pull as the container is thinner.

Thumbs up

intheshadows
#2997 Posted : 1/19/2019 10:03:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, I added an additional 100ml of naphtha I think it should be easier to pull that way because it was almost impossible to pull the layers without additional naphtha. and I agree, the large container is so large I probably should buy a narrower one and transfer the solution.

remyman612
#2998 Posted : 1/20/2019 5:40:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Question;

Did my second extraction yesterday (trying to make my first changa with the yield from my 1st extraction) using Earthwalker's ACRB TEK 100g. Mostly for using the right ratio's for doing a larger batch, since I'm using MHRB and Cyb's salt tek is done for 50g batches.

Now in the clean up steps he writes down the following:
Quote:
Step 3
Now pipette or siphon out all the naphtha along with the brown fatty liquid that sits animated in between the two layers and discard this as it contains the plant fats and oils and no longer contains any alkaloids !!

I'm wondering if my Heptane using plant fats and oils can still be used for something? The idea that is bouncing around in my head is doing some more pulls from the MHRB soup using a lot of heat, I don't mind getting some extra waxy yellowy spice since I figure I can use that to make some changa. On the other hand, if all I get is plant oils and such it doesn't make sense to try it. It seems like a waste to just toss 300ml of heptane; stuff might not a super duper expensive but it ain't that cheap either. I also have a liter of Xylene but am worried it will stink up my house too much... probably a stupid question but I guess it's a bad idea to mix the (oil containing) Heptane with Xylene to get super-jungle spice?

what can I use my oily heptane for?

Elrik
#2999 Posted : 1/20/2019 9:24:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The answer can be split into two groups based on how much chemistry equipment you plan to obtain and learn to use.
• Solvents can be reused for extractions until the amount of fats and waxes begin to cause problems and then that solvent can be used for defats until it becomes saturated with fats or waxes, or produces troublesome emulsions. At that point it can be used as fire starter provided its a hydrocarbon [like heptane or xylene] and not a halogenated solvent [like DCM]
• If you plan to develop the skill and equipment to distill solvents, used solvents can be saved for that. The down side to this is the need to maintain safe storage for a larger volume of flammable solvents, and the fact that you will be stockpiling evidence of illegal activities.
If you do decide to eventually distill solvents, its best to distill most of our solvents with water. In most cases [hexane, heptane, petroleum ether, toluene, xylene] water lowers the boiling point by around 20-50ºC [azeotropic distillation] and in all cases it lets you distill the entire volume of solvent without distilling to dryness. In countries without heavy import fees, chinese glassware is inexpensive.

If solvent gets exhausted in its usefulness and you have no real plan to ever recycle solvents, just dispose of them and accept it as a routine cost of the extractions.

Trev_sunyata
#3000 Posted : 1/21/2019 7:51:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some globs formed on top of the basic solution but doesn't seem to break the bottom surface of the naphtha at all so I'm assuming it's more polar but floats and isn't dissolving. It's kind of a colored whitish clump, I'm thinking soap but not sure, I would think percipitated dmt would stick more to the non polar side.

Also after my last evap of some orange goo, I had a powder around the sides of the baby food jar, it wasn't like small cubes how dmt usually dried on the sides, more powdery, but not that much, I got some vinegar ready then rubbed my finger in it and got it wet, no burn so it's not lye, wiped my finger again in the powder and touched my finger to my tongue. Again, no burn, not dmt taste, no soap taste, thinking maybe percipitation from my polar socarb wash? Over saturated so as it cleaned my non polar solvent, some socarb fell out? Is that possible?
The powder seems innert and isn't at the bottom with the goo, only the sides, should I wipe it out, collect the goo then wash it out?
Life I so boring when one is forced to abide by the rules. We fear breaking the rules. Let's play pretend. A whole universe where we can do anything which interests us. I am a poorly trained, chemistry inclined and severely drug addicted dolphin. I only exist as a cyber-tulpa and I do have a few 'super powers'... So yeah... Hmu we'll party.

«PREV148149150151152NEXT»