We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Member "badges" for other talents Options

ducdevil
#1 Posted : 1/3/2019 4:36:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i've always admired the cute logos underneath our more illustrious member's names; the badges indicating moderator status, the flasks for chemistry expertise, the head and brain for senior members, etc...these icons really do assist us in recognizing the skills and level of prowess our community is lucky enough and proud to have. it's one of the things that sets us apart from the other forums online.

i was thinking...so much of what we discuss here encompasses many disciplines, talents and gifts. our community is not just made up of scientists and "others"....we are filled with a rich fabric of educated and experienced explorers. we have medical practitioners, engineers, teachers, artists, musicians, yoga and meditation educators (like me!)....the list is long.

we all draw knowledge from this vast pool. and while i would never minimize the wealth of information i have gleaned from our resident chemistry oracles, i have also learned a lot from others...about breathwork. about music. about medicine. about politics. you get it.

what if we had other types of "badges" that identified expertise in other fields besides science? not that they would be given out without regard, but after significant contribution pertaining to a field a member practices and is professionally affiliated with.

maybe this has been suggested before; i hadn't heard of it. i just thought it might be a cool way to recognize the huge field of talent that makes up this amazing, irreplaceable nexus of genius we all call home.

love y'all...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/3/2019 12:49:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like the idea of expanding the expertise badges, if they are somewhat relevant to issues discussed here Smile

What badges do you think should be added?

I'm not sure how much work it all means for The Traveler, though, so we gotta ask him...

PsyDuckmonkey
#3 Posted : 1/4/2019 12:13:08 PM

witch

I think due to the clandestine nature of our community, and the potential contentiousness around verifying and even accepting expertise in softer fields (opinions may -and do- wildly vary on who can be considered a valid shaman, yogi, artist, etc.), and providing proof of expertise in illegal activities online is really not something we should encourage, I think the badges should be limited to what really counts in discussions, as opposed to adopting a boy scoutish badge-o-rama mindset of treating these as showing respect and love for each other.

I think a badge should be added for verified medical doctors. Their expertise can help reduce harm, potentially save lives, and is just as important as that of chemistry professionals.

A 'master gardener' or 'verified grower' badge, similar to that on Shroomery would be another good addition. Growing Caapi, Iboga and other sacred plants is thankfully not illegal in most jurisdictions, and even where it is, one can validate their green thumb through their success with legal species.

And I personally would stop there with the badges. But of course that's just my personal opinion.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 1/4/2019 4:54:44 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

For the record, we already have the Medical Doctor badge, though only one member currently holds that one afaik.

The badges are generally issued to demonstrate truly extraordinary knowledge of a topic. The chemical expert flasks, or nen's acacia sprig for example.

Occasionally *someone* may trick the boss into issuing a fancy skillset list where none truly exist. Ahem

I do agree we could probably do with issuing a few more badges, and I suppose this thread is as good as any to point out members that offer the truly extraordinary levels of knowledge on certain topics. A botanical expert badge for Ringworm and Muskogee Herbman, a harm reduction expert badge for Endlessness, a master herbalist badge for Dox Buxin, and a big fat shroom for Loveall's extensive mushroom research come readily to mind.

Perhaps we could add a skills section to the user profile page, where users can profess their own unique skillsets, in addition to the community bestowed badges?
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Intezam
#5 Posted : 1/4/2019 6:44:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8
#6 Posted : 1/4/2019 7:01:39 PM

Come what may

I have ninja skills!!

Please add a ninja badge to my profile! Thanks! Razz
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Achilles
#7 Posted : 1/30/2019 11:17:45 PM

I is the obstacle.

Servicemen badge... I’m an army vet (combat medic) and I know a veterans badge doesn’t particularly pertain to dmt but many veterans are advocates for psychedelics because they help them with ptsd. I feel like a veterans badge would help to distinguish the community from just any regular group of people. It help show that we’re not all just a bunch of hippies(excuse my politically incorrectness) but a community made up of strong and intelligent people. We are a community made up of doctors, chemists, horticulturists, and VETERANS... this should be added to the nexus. Most def Thumbs up
This guys ego ^

Camponotus
#8 Posted : 2/3/2019 4:30:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Achilles wrote:
We are a community made up of doctors, chemists, horticulturists, and VETERANS... this should be added to the nexus. Most def Thumbs up

... and artists

So an artist badge would be useful to exclude one's statement/post from valuation!Big grin
It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin

Loveall
#9 Posted : 2/6/2019 1:19:05 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I suggest a physicist badge.

Physics and psychedlics can cross paths when discussing the nature of reality. It may be helpful to know which members have a formal physics background.

What do physics and psychedlics have in common? They both question established notions of reality through experimentation Razz

Cheers.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Tony6Strings
#10 Posted : 2/6/2019 2:59:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall, is the heart icon beneath your avatar a forum issued badge?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Loveall
#11 Posted : 2/6/2019 3:04:19 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Loveall, is the heart icon beneath your avatar a forum issued badge?

No, it is just a unicode character which I added to my profile: 💖

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Tony6Strings
#12 Posted : 2/6/2019 3:12:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Neat, thanks for the info!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

0_o
#13 Posted : 2/6/2019 7:39:18 PM

ⁿ°ⁿ↔ρ└ªγ³r κhªrªκτ³r

I would love an NPC badge.
But I can't be the only person who had a mild aversion to the word badge...

Badgers scare me.
Except those with merit.
Merry badgers are OK.
I was a boy scout once.

benzyme
#14 Posted : 2/7/2019 5:36:11 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

that would be funny if I had a turntable badge.
I have been known to mix music in chat, anywhere from half an hour, to my longest set, six hrs.

got my first flask about 9 years ago, when I really dropped a ton of chem knowledge on the forum and spectra, working at the university. then the gold one once I got into industry (doing quality control). Good with the badges, now I'm a resident. They truly reflect my passion in life.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

PurgeMasterV2
#15 Posted : 2/15/2019 10:50:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love the idea of an NPC badge Very happy hah! Big grin what about a chatroom addict badge?

dreamer042
#16 Posted : 2/15/2019 3:53:07 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

PurgeMasterV2 wrote:
what about a chatroom addict badge?

It's not a habit it's cool.

I can stop anytime I want, I just don't want to today.

i just need a little something to help me through the day.

I don't know what your talking about, I don't even know what a hypertoad is. Stop
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca