We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
you need more dmt to get the message Options

Jupitor
#21 Posted : 1/3/2019 7:51:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
This is my 'favorite', the good drug bad drug game. Every priest needs a devil to preach against, otherwise people would just go and be free and commune with God themselves, and decide there's no need for priests at all. He also preached against coffee and tobacco. As if they were somehow responsible for other drugs being illegal.

Cannabis is mildly addictive. It's possible to have a damaging cannabis habit. I think all of us counterculture folks know a few people who smoke too much. Psychedelics may be less conductive to addiction, but you know what, I've also seen people eat mushrooms too much, and it was clearly and obviously messing them up in the head. No spiritual growth there, just going plain old bonkers.

Cannabis can be a bad influence, but also a good one. And honestly, I feel the same about tobacco. As long as they are used and not abused. As for coffee, it's a potent anti-cancer and neuroprotective medicine. One can still overdo it, too.

If Aya told you to stay clear of Cannabis, is it not because something you did with Cannabis (like, abused it), rather than the plant itself? For me, Cannabis tends to be an extremely healing and beneficial experience, but I don't smoke habitually at all.

There's no such thing as a good drug or a bad drug. I'm not saying Cannaibis is bad. I've had some good times with it. And I can see how it would be beneficial to some, used in certain ways.

When I had my Aya vision about it, I was smoking Cannabis every night. I wasn't chronic or anything. But I just couldn't wait to put the kids to bed so I could get high and watch junk TV, jack off, then drift off to sleep in a cloudy haze while usually getting caught up in a negative thought loop about my existential crisis. Smoking weed every night for years did nothing to help me with that crisis. 4 nights with Ayahuasca did. So...

I think what I'm trying to say is that for me, Cannabis was not a useful tool in helping me overcome my obstacles. It was in fact impeding my progress. And it seems that many others have gotten that same message, including Nick Sand, and Graham Hancock. I would just like some elaboration on the subject by Nick, as he gave no reason WHY in his DMT article referenced in the OP.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

PsyDuckmonkey
#22 Posted : 1/3/2019 8:06:17 PM

witch

I think you have your answer... Cannabis is abused as much as any other drug, and abuse never helps one - it rather holds one back. I think the takeaway is 'don't abuse drugs', not 'don't smoke Cannabis'. Smile
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

Jupitor
#23 Posted : 1/3/2019 9:50:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
I think you have your answer... Cannabis is abused as much as any other drug, and abuse never helps one - it rather holds one back. I think the takeaway is 'don't abuse drugs', not 'don't smoke Cannabis'. Smile

Yes, I have MY answer. I’m wanting to hear more on the subject from Mr. Sand...

downwardsfromzero
#24 Posted : 1/3/2019 11:16:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jupitor wrote:
Yes, I have MY answer. I’m wanting to hear more on the subject from Mr. Sand...

You'll be needing a medium, then - the late Nick Sand died back in April of 2017.

Here.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jupitor
#25 Posted : 1/4/2019 5:19:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess I should have known that he passed away. I wonder if his books will ever be published, and if he ever elaborated on his Cannabis views. I guess I have some research to do.

PREV12