We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Plants that pests will preferentially eat. Options

Psilosopher?
#1 Posted : 1/2/2019 7:39:28 AM

Don't Panic

Not really related to entheogenic plants, but i was wondering if there any good plants out there that will preferentially be be eaten by pests? My salvia and other plants are getting swarmed, and would rather avoid pesticides. In the meantime, i've been using eco-oil.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Th Entity
#2 Posted : 1/2/2019 8:05:34 AM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Hey Psilosopher
Use Neem Oil or ladybugs and plant some tomatoes, insects would prefer it.

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 1/2/2019 4:40:53 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

The gardeners general approach would be to interplant a diverse polyculture, focused specifically on pungent herbals. The plethora of colors, scents, and flavors causes a bit of sensory overload in the predatory insects.

Things like oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary, mints, parsley, garden sage, garlic, chives, onions, marigold, nasturtiums, loveage, etc are all generally useful, but the real trick is in the ability to overwhelm the insects with diversity.

Maybe consider some thyme and oregano for the soil surface and interspersing your salvia with some other sages and mints for example.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Loveall
#4 Posted : 1/2/2019 6:19:32 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Not a plant, but wine cap (stropharia rugosoannulata) is a great companion mushroom. It can digest nematodes and plants seem to do very well when this mushroom is used as a companion.

To introduce it to the garden simply innocualte sterilized grain jars with liquid culture syringes (available online) and, once colonized, mix the grain with fresh hardwood mulch used as ground cover. As a bonus you'll also get delicious huge mushrooms from time to time to add to the garden veggies. The plants will also feed on the mulch as the mushroom brakes it down.

dreamers042's plant list is great by the way.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

no_thing
#5 Posted : 1/2/2019 11:30:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Although the research is still in an early stage, there's some evidence that planting a diverse assortment of plants native to your area can promote growth and suppress pests by attracting beneficial insects and predators. Perhaps it might be worth trying a selection of insect-friendly plants originally from your ecosystem in and around your garden.

In the US the Xerces society has done work around this issue. I imagine there are other organizations elsewhere.

Otherwise, if you have specific pests you're fighting you may be able to find specific (hopefully native) biological controls or other "organic" methods. Which bugs?