We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[experience] An animistic midwinter LSD ritual Options

PsyDuckmonkey
#1 Posted : 12/30/2018 11:24:36 PM

witch

I kinda made a habit of observing midwinter by dropping psychedelics. I recently recalled my experience from last year, which was pretty awesome. This year was cool too, I wrote a few words about it already...

So... after getting out of a pretty shit abusive relationship in the summer, and spending one of the best half years in my life ever afterwards, there I was on the 21st of December or thereabouts, hard boiling eggs.. and well, I kinda forgot about it and burned the eggs black.

So what do I think then, this will be the perfect material component for a ritual. I packed the eggs in a paper bag, put them in my backpack, took 100ug's of LSD, and headed out into the woods. It's a wooded area I'm really familiar with, and can easily navigate in complete darkness, so I felt safe to go there. On my way, coming up on the acid, I had the realization that I cannot do the ritual in that area, as it would offend the spirits of the place - after all, I wanted to do a huge spiritual purging. However, I was intensely afraid to go to the area I felt right for the ritual, so I decided to ask for protection from this friendly place.

By the time I was out in the woods, in the darkness I literally saw houses and mansions with lights all around me. It was a full-blown dreamquest in superposition with reality. At a certain 'mansion' I took to the 'gate' and 'stairs' leading 'inside'. The woods kinda opened up for me, I didn't stumble or get snagged by anything, the superposition seemed perfect. The fae or spirits living there welcomed me, and allowed me to express my gratitude and respect. In return, I got a gift of goodwill and protection.

Continuing on, the vision faded slightly, but approaching a 'power spot' I had a feeling for from before, I felt hugged and protected by this warm, motherly power. All the fear disappeared, and I continued on invigorated, wondering at each step at the beauty of everything that surrounds me.

Continuing through a populated area, I felt the acid take me even higher, every sound, every light, every movement had significance... and I was totally set on my course. About an hour later I reached the place of the ritual on a wooded slope that I always felt was imbued with a rather unfriendly, 'nightside' spirit... With the protection though, I felt perfectly okay even with all the symbols of darkness around me. I found a small sinkhole that felt just right, took some paper and wooden scraps, cleaned the ground in a circle and made a tiny fire and put in the eggs.

Then, a thick branch, like a club or walking stick was suddenly in my hand. It felt like a perfect ritual staff. When the fire subsided, I walked down, waited a bit until the eggs weren't too hot, picked up each egg, and with an old-style rhyme of casting evil away (with a whole lot of swearing and little elegance), I proceeded to smash all the eggs by throwing them at tree trunks.

Then I stomped out the remains of the fireplace, and with my new stick, proceeded to walk back home. On my way home I met a number of tall, skeletal trees that reminded me of old, wizened crones, so I greeted them properly, as one would potentially malevolent spirits, and felt a sense of surprise and appreciation from them at my 'good manners'. Feeling accepted by this unfriendly forest, and having finished my little exorcism, things were looking really up.

Finally, as I crossed the bottom of the valley on my way back home, I felt an immense sense of relief and rejuvenation. When I got home the peak was past, it turned out I had been walking for over four hours, and covered in dirt and mud. But it was totally worth it. Very happy

This year's midwinter trip was less epic. Maybe the spring equinox one... Very happy
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

FranLover
#2 Posted : 12/30/2018 11:39:17 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I'm amazed by how you roll Psyduck. You know how to go far and fly high! Much loveBig grin
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

null24
#3 Posted : 12/31/2018 1:39:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Whether it's your intent or not, i too appreciate this as an expression of the heart of visionary magic!

The story of dogma-free creation of ceremony and ritual, absent of cliche and rich with reported experience and personal meaning and value for you that we, the readers, nonetheless feel an attraction to.

TL, DR:Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

PsyDuckmonkey
#4 Posted : 12/31/2018 8:29:46 AM

witch

Thanks for the kind words. Smile Indeed, this is the only kind of magic I find value in these days, whether assisted by psychedelics or not. After all, hippies, burners, travelers, warlocks and witches, we're pirates on the high sea of realities, no need to keep to any code. It's the meaning and understanding that counts. Very happy
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?