We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
Panaeolus Cyans vs Psilocybe Cubensis Options

SnozzleBerry
#41 Posted : 4/24/2012 8:15:24 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

majesticnature wrote:
I know cubes and pan cyans are two different strains but are they also considered two different species?

They are different species, located in different genera. A binomial, such as Psilocybe cubensis tells you two things: the genus and the species, with the genus preceding the species.

A strain (in this case) refers to a genetic variant of a given fungus species. For example 'B+' and "Syzygy' are considered different strains of P. cubensis and 'Jamaican' and 'Australian' are considered different strains of Pan. cyanescens, while P. cubensis and Pan. cyanescens are considered different species of mushrooms and Panaeolus and Psilocybe are two different genera.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

majesticnature
#42 Posted : 4/25/2012 3:54:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow thank you for that very educative reply! Quite the biology lesson. Now would psilocybe cubes share the same family as the pans. What would be the lowest rank of common classification between the two?
All of my post are fictional in nature for the purpose of self entertainment.

SnozzleBerry
#43 Posted : 4/25/2012 3:45:45 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Cubes are in the 'Strophariaceae' family , while pan cyans are in the 'Bolbitiaceae' family.

Both families belong to the same order, which is 'Agaricales'. So, the lowest rank of common classification they share is order.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

jamie
#44 Posted : 5/12/2012 7:48:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

well, I am determined to try and grow pan cyans now once I got cubes down..
Long live the unwoke.

SHroomtroll
#45 Posted : 5/12/2012 11:18:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i would like to try this aswell, have been growing cubes for a few months now and im surprised how easy it actually was.

teotenakeltje
#46 Posted : 5/28/2012 2:05:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to add that I managed to fruit Pan cyans in a shotgun terrarium. And I'm not an expert at all, I did like 4 (cubensis) grows before I tried the pans.

The yield was pretty low though. But that's because I messsed up my LC, so I was left with only 1 cc of spore solution to inoculate one Pf jar.

Yes you can simply add manure to your (modified) PF recipe, and than spawn to 100% horse manure.

I got a little over 3 grams dried from a small container.

Next time I will try a pan monotub and see how it turns out.

joedirt
#47 Posted : 5/28/2012 7:15:30 PM

Not I

jamie wrote:

It is well worth the effort. It took me a while to get it right and the yields are no where near what I can do for cubes.
However, Pan Cyan's are a MUCH smoother trip IMHO. I don't notice much of the dark anxious come up that I typically go through with cubes.

Cubes are an old ally, but once I finally procured pan cyan spores and grew them it was a game changer.

Also another think I really like about Pan's Cyan's. They are small mushrooms. I measure dose size by the number of shrooms.

1-3 threshold.
3-5 solid trip.
5-8 hard trip. (Have not done, just my estimate)
8+ heroic dose. (Have not done. Just an estimate)

I like to just toss 1-2 pan cyan caps into a batch of aya instead of MHRB.

Yeah man I'm guessing you will love Pan Cyans.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Jupitor
#48 Posted : 12/29/2018 9:40:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
jamie wrote:

Also another think I really like about Pan's Cyan's. They are small mushrooms. I measure dose size by the number of shrooms.

1-3 threshold.
3-5 solid trip.

Can I just add that dosing mushrooms by the number of mushrooms is not a smart way of doing it. Not all mushrooms in the same grow have the same density and potency. Dry out your entire supply and grind them to a powder. Then WEIGH your dose using an accurate scale. You will get even potency gram for gram, and you will know your exact dosage.

dragonrider
#49 Posted : 12/30/2018 6:14:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jupitor wrote:
joedirt wrote:
jamie wrote:

1-3 threshold.
3-5 solid trip.

Can I just add that dosing mushrooms by the number of mushrooms is not a smart way of doing it. Not all mushrooms in the same grow have the same density and potency. Dry out your entire supply and grind them to a powder. Then WEIGH your dose using an accurate scale. You will get even potency gram for gram, and you will know your exact dosage.

Yes, this is probably the best way of dosing shrooms.

iamalien
#50 Posted : 3/17/2022 12:05:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Feeling the need to res this thread from the dead after speaking to MagicTrip.

Very curious about the different effects depending on strain as I did not realise some mush were better for anxiety than others. Currently only have cubes available but am wondering is it worth trying Pans? Are they the best for being more positive / less anxiety inducing?

Thanks

LouSkywalker
#51 Posted : 3/18/2022 3:09:52 PM

Painting pictures with words

I just picked up 10g of Pan Cyans for the first time in about 6 months. I remember them being potent but some of the numbers here on the nexus have me second guessing dosage.

I like to dose the average cubensis at around 8 grams, and the stronger cultivars of cubensis I usually find I dose at 5-7 depending on what I'm looking for.

Now, Cyans are undoubtedly much stronger than cubes, but certain people throwing around numbers like 1g=3.5g seems way high to me.

The strongest mushroom trip I've experienced was 7.1 grams of mixed cubensis(stronger than average) and natalensis(also strong even for the strain). That included entities, hyperspace, you name it.

On another occasion I mixed 2g of weak cubensis and 4g of Pan cyans, It was probably similar in intensity. However... that would mean I consumed the equivalent of 16 grams of cubensis going off of the 1 gram is an 8th of an ounce claim I've seen repeated here.

However, I will admit that when it comes to lower dosages of cyans they seem to have a stronger effect than cubensis at lower doses. The difference between 3.5 and 4g of cyans is a lot less than the difference between 5.5 and 7g of cubes. Maybe I've just been affected differently, but it seems like there's almost a "dosage curve" with these mushrooms, 1 gram is a strong experience for most, but multiplying the dosage doesn't increase the effects as dramatically as doing so with large "equivalent" amounts of other mushrooms.

In other words, subjectively 1g of cyans can feel like 3.5g of cubes, but 2g of Cyans is nothing like 7 grams of cubes. That's my experience, maybe I'm cocky and gonna get my ass kicked because I plan on dosing 3.3 grams of these in 2 hours.

iamalien
#52 Posted : 3/18/2022 9:30:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am not so much concerned about quantity (strength) but quality (different feeling / less anxiety etc)

downwardsfromzero
#53 Posted : 3/18/2022 10:13:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

LouSkywalker wrote:
In other words, subjectively 1g of cyans can feel like 3.5g of cubes, but 2g of Cyans is nothing like 7 grams of cubes. That's my experience, maybe I'm cocky and gonna get my ass kicked because I plan on dosing 3.3 grams of these in 2 hours.
This sets me thinking (oh no! Big grin ) - is this subjective difference pharmacologically based? Could it be due to the significant amounts of 5-HTP in the Pans which leads to serotonin 'getting in the way' of the effects at higher doses? Or is it because of the presence of phenthylamine and betacarbolines in the cubes that ramp up the effects disproportionately at higher doses? Maybe a combination of the two? Or something else? One thing to try would be combining the two low dose equivalents (1g pan cyans and 3.5g cubes) to see how it shapes up. Would it fall between 2g pan cyans and 7g cubes, but a little below the mid-point (if that's even measurable!)? And would the qualitative differences bleed over in one direction or the other? Surely someone out there has tried this?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

LouSkywalker
#54 Posted : 3/21/2022 3:41:03 PM

So since having picked these up I have tried them twice now. Once at 3.3g and once at 2.8g. I have some weak cubes that I've been making tea with and the cyans I lemon tek.

Mushrooms have their own characteristics, but Pan cyans, at least this culture, hit like a combo of psilocybin and LSD. There's this unique touch to the visual element that is totally unique to the cyan experience.

I also find it a much smoother, more relaxed and beautiful experience than hero-dosing cubensis, but that being said the deepest and most complexly interesting experiences and visions have all been strong cubes for me. Pans last longer too, and I find that a hero dose of cyans is actually less intense. They're definitely up there in terms of quality mushroom experiences, but they're borderline a different psychedelic entirely in my eyes. Stronger per gram by far but less intense qualitatively. 8g of cubes will be similar to 3.5 or 4 g of cyans, but I don't see the "machine elf" style visions on cyans. They tend to be more pattern focused.

One great aspect unique to cyans for me is the way they affect open eye visuals, which I far prefer on cyans.

Is this pharmacologically based? I have no reason to think so but personal experience, and I do think so. They have serotonin in them, baeocystin, maybe it's those, maybe it's something in the cubes and not the cyans and that's where the difference lies.

I don't find cyans nearly as visionary as comparable hero doses. That being said, they're almost a love drug of a mushroom. Like MDMA and LSD decided birth a tiny little mushroom baby Big grin

LouSkywalker
#55 Posted : 3/21/2022 3:43:48 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
LouSkywalker wrote:
This sets me thinking (oh no! Big grin ) - is this subjective difference pharmacologically based? Could it be due to the significant amounts of 5-HTP in the Pans which leads to serotonin 'getting in the way' of the effects at higher doses? Or is it because of the presence of phenthylamine and betacarbolines in the cubes that ramp up the effects disproportionately at higher doses? Maybe a combination of the two? Or something else? One thing to try would be combining the two low dose equivalents (1g pan cyans and 3.5g cubes) to see how it shapes up. Would it fall between 2g pan cyans and 7g cubes, but a little below the mid-point (if that's even measurable!)? And would the qualitative differences bleed over in one direction or the other? Surely someone out there has tried this?

Oh and I have tried them combined yes. That made for a beautiful experience, but the cyans held back the cubensis, and dominated the experience charachteristics. I've only done it with 3/4 cyans or 2/3rds cyans never a larger amount of cubes.

LouSkywalker
#56 Posted : 3/22/2022 8:39:56 AM

I'm not sure, I know that they are Panaeolus Cyanesceans, my friend's mother is a great mycologist grows them and they are extremely popular whenever she shares a batch of these. When she grows Cubensis I believe her batches are Amazonians.

A friend of mine likes to make chocolates from them, and 0.8g makes most people call him up and ask if he put LSD in there or something Very happy

As far as eating them fresh, I wouldn't know. I like to take large doses, both due to a high natural tolerance and the confidence within myself to push the limits with no fear. Total ego-loss has hit me twice, and both times I came out of it a better person. The therapeutic aspects of magic mushrooms to me are most obvious at huge doses. That's how I personally work with the mushrooms, hero dosing in order to draw deep insights and integrate valuable lessons, step by step, experience by experience. For my purposes dried mushrooms are perfect, as they keep potency and are easy to potentiate via lemon tek.

iamalien
#57 Posted : 5/7/2022 8:56:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

are Panaeolus Cyanesceans considered the best ones to try out of all of them?
I have tried cubes and liberty before but nothing else.

iamalien
#58 Posted : 5/7/2022 1:57:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

would you say they are less anxiety inducing than others? more euphoric even? Thanks

iamalien
#59 Posted : 5/8/2022 9:41:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I know they prefer dung etc but could they survive in brown rice with less yeild?

iamalien
#60 Posted : 5/8/2022 4:26:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have a favourite strain of cyans?

Magic Trip said Peace River are good. I can find

Peace River
alabama
texas wa county
jalisco mexico

Probably going to go for Peace River but curious if any one else has had experiences with others

PREV12345NEXT