We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this contamination? Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 12/24/2018 1:23:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm growing for the first time. The BRF cakes were taking a bit long to colonize and I decided to move on to fruiting before they were fully colonized as I'm going away soon.

When I opened the jars last Friday for dunking they smelled like mushrooms and it all looked ok. They were moved to the fruiting box yesterday. Now, 24 hours later, some white fluff has covered the cakes in places.

Jagube attached the following image(s):
b1.jpg (508kb) downloaded 96 time(s).
b2.jpg (345kb) downloaded 96 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DreadedShaman
#2 Posted : 12/24/2018 12:58:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, it's hard to tell from the pics, but ime mycelium is pure white, that when I tried BRF would bruise blue green. EVERYTHING ELSE is not pure white, it will be off white, brown, black, or mold green.

From what I can see it looks like mycellia growth, which makes sense if you moved them to fruiting early. I would say it's not quite ready to fruit and it still needed to grow it's mycellia first.

Loveall
#3 Posted : 12/24/2018 3:02:35 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I can't see any contamination.

If the jars were taking too long to colonize and this white fluffy apeared shortly after birthing, then maybe they the original issue was not enough fresh air exchange. How were the jars breathing? If you were using polyfill to pack the hole maybe it was packed too tight.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Felnik
#4 Posted : 12/24/2018 3:12:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The picture looks like healthy mycelium to me .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Jagube
#5 Posted : 12/24/2018 3:23:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys. I sprayed it with H2O2 between 3% - 6%, a few different-looking bits fizzed, but what's in the photos didn't. I've removed the bits that fizzed. Let's hope some fruits come up before I go; otherwise I'll have to toss everything, because I'm going away for almost three months.

Jagube
#6 Posted : 12/29/2018 2:02:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DreadedShaman wrote:
Well, it's hard to tell from the pics, but ime mycelium is pure white, that when I tried BRF would bruise blue green. EVERYTHING ELSE is not pure white, it will be off white, brown, black, or mold green.

From what I can see it looks like mycellia growth, which makes sense if you moved them to fruiting early. I would say it's not quite ready to fruit and it still needed to grow it's mycellia first.

Actually I've already spotted four pins.

There was also some greenish blue stuff on the mycelium. I thought it was mold, but when I removed it, it came back in no time. So it could be mycelium? But why would the mycelium bruise? I thought it was the psilocin content that makes it bruise, and mycelium is not supposed to contain any psilocin.

DreadedShaman
#7 Posted : 12/29/2018 2:27:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, answers on the shroomery are kind of all over... General consensus is that mycellia does contain at least trace amounts of alkaloids?

But answers range from no, none to most definitely, you can just eat mycellia... So it seems to me that it's still kind of unknown...

I always assumed there were trace alkaloids, or else why would it be legal to own spores, under the reasoning that they contain no alkaloids... But it becomes illegal the second you start cultivating? Why not just make possession of fruit bodies illegal? TBH, that would make more sense if im still legally allowed to investigate the growth from a mycology side of things...

But all in all, what I can say is I have noticed blue bruising on uninfected mycellia when using BRF cakes. But in a monotub I don't think I've ever seen mycellia bruise, it seems to be something with the BRF or maybe the size of the cakes.

Tommi
#8 Posted : 12/29/2018 6:52:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Most likely carpy creep.
Remember... 8 is infinity spelled sideways!

Build:Apotechary

Loveall
#9 Posted : 12/29/2018 7:41:50 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

There are alkaloids in the mycellia according to published literature and patents which have also been posted on the Nexus.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Jagube
#10 Posted : 12/30/2018 2:25:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
There are alkaloids in the mycellia according to published literature and patents which have also been posted on the Nexus.

Thanks. IIRC I've read elsewhere that colonized cakes are uncontrolled as they don't contain any controlled alkaloids.

My pins are covered all over with the white fuzz, is this still normal?