We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Oral harmala hcl + Enhanced leaf = Changa? Options

Asher7
#1 Posted : 12/27/2018 1:54:22 PM

Professional Tracker

For anyone who has compared the two methods of ingestion are there any noteable differences between the two? How would the two methods differ in effect or would someone taking a blind study not be able to tell?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

FranLover
#2 Posted : 12/27/2018 5:56:54 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I have tried them both and feel the MAOI effect and get really stoned off it with smoked FB harmalas infused in the changa, not so much with 200mg hcl in orange juice and then smoking. I feel its the DMT and harmalas smoked exactly at the same time that gives me the trip that I want...at least for now!
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Jees
#3 Posted : 12/28/2018 1:01:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
...not so much with 200mg hcl in orange juice and then smoking...
Was there enough time in between so the harmalas had time to reach your 'computer' parts?

FranLover
#4 Posted : 12/28/2018 2:21:26 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I was pretty headstrong! 100mg and then 40 minutes later another 100mg, then changa session (can last an hour or more). I often fast and lift heavy weights and jog so my digestion system works rapidly sometimes.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Brennendes Wasser
#5 Posted : 12/29/2018 2:06:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I would EXTREMELY advice oral Harmalas + smoked spice.

Reasons:

- if you stuff your Harmalas onto the leaves, then your leaves only have 100% - X% DMT, as you (of course) also need to vaporize the Harmalas. Therefore, if you are not a familiar smoker, it will be harder to reach a certain point of dosage, as you will also *waste* capacities by also vaporizing and smoking the harmalas.

= eating the Haramals before will completely eliminate the need to smoke more than totally necessary.

- Harmalas evaporate at much higher temperatures. Temperature control is not that crucial, if you can just need to focus on evaporating the spice (at 150 °C).

= in a vaporizer with a fixed temperature it will be hard to evaporate also the Harmalas and NOT burning Spice

And the most important point - also important if you are a PRO-smoker and can smoke anything in combination:

- Who tells you that your Harmala-Dosage of your Changa-Mixture it the BEST one? You put as much Harmalas into it, to get a decent effect. But you dont put TOO MUCH of them into it, because then you would only have harmalas in your mixture and too less Spice. So you have a ratio of like 1:1:0,3 or something like this.
But who tells you that 0,3 Harmalas is already the best amount?

If you EAT them you can eat ANY AMOUNT. And I can definetly tell you, that the 1:0,3 or even 0,5 ratio does MAOI-effects, but if you eat 200 mg of harmalas orally, you will get a much STRONGER MAOI-effect.

Eating like 200 mg or 250 mg will result in a much longer fading experience, so you can build your dose up much easier and much more conveniently.

I can definetly say: what is normally the ratio in changa is way below the maximum of MAOI-inhibition.

= eating it can be beneficial to get even longer experiences AND if you are not a familiar smoker, you can easily just smoke your 1 dose in like 3 tiny doses, as you will
1. have even longer time for the experience to fade
2. dont have to smoke the harmalas in combination, so when smoking you can 100%ly focus on the Spice itself.

For all this reasons I completely abandoned doing Changa and I always eat the Harmalas before.

Just eat 1 dose of 150 - 250 mg and it will COMPLETELY be fine for your whole session.

Life is much easier with this Pleased There is totally no downside.

PS: Last but not least: Smoking less substances and eating more is also healthier Pleased

Lumina
#6 Posted : 12/29/2018 8:59:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Not to derail too much from the OP, but I thought ot is worth mentioning that Changa is a more sophisticated way of indulging in these alakloids.

The data presented on site are merely standard quick guides to help the novice get introduced to this artform. Nobody here ever says that these are the only ways.. on the contrary.

But then there is calibration and, for that, the actual “manual” goes way beyond. If it is a matter of tasye, yes, I agree. But the real work (of art) begins when one starts to know or, at least, envision the result he/she is after. It takes a lot of experimentation and dedication to find the perfect ratios of ingredients that’s best suited for a specific individual. Every other ingredient you add to the mix has something to offer. The various type of harmala alkaloids, the various grades of extracted light admixture, the various blends of plants etc.. All variables that need to be juggled enough with to be placed in ballance. Do it otherwise and you’ll find yourself in posesion of a real kitsch ikebana that will definitely have one end result or another.. and I mean no disrespect towards anyone or anything, it’s just facts I gathered mostly out of experience.

The information on the dmt nexus is so abundant, that studying carefuly what you are after will get you exactly what you look for. Alot of patience is required, perseverance and a tight bond with your physical and metaphisical self. There is a sweet spot for everyone, though these things are so unique.. most of the times what “fits” for another will not for the other.

Remember that what’s very important is safety on all levels, at all times, and to have fun.

Safe sails, my friend!

Lumina
#7 Posted : 12/29/2018 9:17:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
I would EXTREMELY advice oral Harmalas + smoked spice.

Reasons:

- if you stuff your Harmalas onto the leaves, then your leaves only have 100% - X% DMT, as you (of course) also need to vaporize the Harmalas. Therefore, if you are not a familiar smoker, it will be harder to reach a certain point of dosage, as you will also *waste* capacities by also vaporizing and smoking the harmalas.

= eating the Haramals before will completely eliminate the need to smoke more than totally necessary.

- Harmalas evaporate at much higher temperatures. Temperature control is not that crucial, if you can just need to focus on evaporating the spice (at 150 °C).

= in a vaporizer with a fixed temperature it will be hard to evaporate also the Harmalas and NOT burning Spice

And the most important point - also important if you are a PRO-smoker and can smoke anything in combination:

- Who tells you that your Harmala-Dosage of your Changa-Mixture it the BEST one? You put as much Harmalas into it, to get a decent effect. But you dont put TOO MUCH of them into it, because then you would only have harmalas in your mixture and too less Spice. So you have a ratio of like 1:1:0,3 or something like this.
But who tells you that 0,3 Harmalas is already the best amount?

If you EAT them you can eat ANY AMOUNT. And I can definetly tell you, that the 1:0,3 or even 0,5 ratio does MAOI-effects, but if you eat 200 mg of harmalas orally, you will get a much STRONGER MAOI-effect.

Eating like 200 mg or 250 mg will result in a much longer fading experience, so you can build your dose up much easier and much more conveniently.

I can definetly say: what is normally the ratio in changa is way below the maximum of MAOI-inhibition.

= eating it can be beneficial to get even longer experiences AND if you are not a familiar smoker, you can easily just smoke your 1 dose in like 3 tiny doses, as you will
1. have even longer time for the experience to fade
2. dont have to smoke the harmalas in combination, so when smoking you can 100%ly focus on the Spice itself.

For all this reasons I completely abandoned doing Changa and I always eat the Harmalas before.

Just eat 1 dose of 150 - 250 mg and it will COMPLETELY be fine for your whole session.

Life is much easier with this Pleased There is totally no downside.

PS: Last but not least: Smoking less substances and eating more is also healthier Pleased

It would be wise to not recommend “PRO” doses to the novice, dear nexian.
Afterall the nexus is a harm reduction based community.
Dosage recommendations should be offered with care and, when possible, in the pressence of other physiological and psychofarmacological data.. for ex. body weight?
IMHO 200-250mg is a medium dose that boredrlines high-strong doseage, that in turn combined with enough admixture could and will certainly floor a 60kg (on average) individual.
What would happen of you would recommend this to a firstimer? I could definitely see a trainwreck comming..
So for future refrence, before starting to hand out advice, I encourage anyone to start asking questions first.. don’t jist give them your dosage..
Anyway, rule of thumb is to start low and build up gradually. You cand always add but never take away after you’ve dosed too much.

Be safe!

Brennendes Wasser
#8 Posted : 12/30/2018 12:35:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Well ... why focus so much on that number.

If I say 150 - 250 mg is my medium dose, then he will totally know that if he was a first-timer he can SURELY just use 50 - 150 mg.

The focus of my post is heavily on another aspect.

The aspect of those other 3 benefits which I highlight. So he will be capable of adjusting the amount, but study if those reasons BEHIND the oral ingestion might sound worthwile for him.

And as for harm reduction I think eating is a Plus in any way.

In my eyes it is even better for first timers to just eat a little bit in the beginning (maybe even start ultra low if you are not sure) and just focus on evaporating the spice correctly.

=)