We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
extracting mescaline from san pedro cacti Options

gw6473
#1 Posted : 12/6/2018 10:06:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all or any, not good at this you'll be the judge. I am writing about Mesc. extraction. I' done quite a few now. I am getting better ? (Really lol) My ? is about all the Qrt.jars been saving. Where i've read on a post one in particular " they said how they kept pulling more mesc. out again an again. Ok could be fiction? I have been doing Kash' Xtrac. Which I've come to like straight forward. that this old layman has been able to perform. The last pull is left with quart jars of np. How to proceed with this for another extraction. Read only one salting is required. Of the many i done if i do a full QT. i get a half of a gram the same if i do 1/2 qt. get same return. so it's the same. I thought more to get out of it. BYTW the last 3 extractions have been very good , but same return . Any helpful thoughts would be Embarrased thanks getting large (20) leftover qts.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Elrik
#2 Posted : 12/6/2018 10:58:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, to be clear, its jars of your used solvent that your stockpiling and not the based and extracted cactus brew, correct?
The same batch of solvent can be used over and over on subsequent extractions. I've used the same jar of xylene for over a dozen pulls before. At some point it will become contaminated enough with waxes and fats that it begins producing much worse emulsions. This is when I recycle it.
I have the equipment and skill to safely recycle solvents by distillation so I do so. If you can not do this, and dont plan to gain the skill and equipment in the near future, you could burn or otherwise dispose of solvent used so many times that its producing bad emulsions. But before disposing of a jar of solvent you could use it repeatedly to defat brews so your new solvent will last through more extraction cycles. Defatting does help.

If its your based cactus soup your stockpiling, thats just dangerous. Extract one batch as many times as your going to and then safely dispose of it.

gw6473
#3 Posted : 12/10/2018 10:35:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for responding, I did not know of reusing solvent. And the answer to the stock pile was "both" that i was saving. I hoped would find more correct methods to do so. I Was getting such small results. But a lot that I've read now say, is similar. small returns. This last extraction 2 days ago ,with used xylene produced the same as all the other different extraction I've done (got 4 - 4.5g of mesc. hcl.) . is this a coincidence or what, I have done all with kash's tek by the book. i believe. i've changed the quantity difference, because of my sep funnel is 1000ml.tried full to 300 ml which his recipe recommends.. I mixed some times more than it said. never less. It has been a really good dose lately ( 4 - 4.5 g) bridgeidiss II / 3- 12"fresh cuttings And 1-10" cutting of one i grew brand not known. had 1.5 gal. of reduced cactus juice . With 1/2 gal left to use . Been sitting ing over a month. I would do a quart or every so often. Think anything could help better this or continue on be happy with quality and not quantity? Lol thanks again gw6473

gw6473
#4 Posted : 12/29/2018 9:16:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gw6473 wrote:
Thanks for responding, I did not know of reusing solvent. And the answer to the stock pile was "both" that i was saving. I hoped would find more correct methods to do so. I Was getting such small results. But a lot that I've read now say, is similar. small returns. This last extraction 2 days ago ,with used xylene produced the same as all the other different extraction I've done (got.4-.5g of mesc. hcl.) . is this a coincidence or what, I have done all with kash's tek by the book. i believe. i've changed the quantity difference, because of my sep funnel is 1000ml.tried full to 300 ml which his recipe recommends.. I mixed some times more than it said. never less. It has been a really good dose lately ( .4 -.5 g) bridgeidiss II / 3- 12"fresh cuttings And 1-10" cutting of one i grew brand not known. had 1.5 gal. of reduced cactus juice . With 1/2 gal left to use . Been sitting ing over a month. I would do a quart or every so often. Think anything could help better this or continue on be happy with quality and not quantity? Lol thanks again gw6473

Elrik
#5 Posted : 12/29/2018 11:00:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It sounds like you may be doing too many pulls and are getting salt.
I've seen, several times, people pulling with poor technique and obtaining sodium chloride or sodium sulfate crystals instead of mescaline due to tiny droplets of base being mixed in with the xylene when they salt it.
With good mixing and separation technique with an appropriate viscosity nearly all of the mescaline should be extracted from the base soup after 5 or 6 pulls. My default is 5 pulls. If the aqueous phase is too thick it may take more, I once made it so thick I had to do 12 pulls Laughing That's when I established rules with myself to limit viscosity.
But in any case, after drawing the xylene off of a pull it should be left for at least several hours so droplets of base can settle out and then before salting the xylene should be filtered to remove floating fragments of emulsion that can be very difficult to see. These steps will reduce the amount of non-mescaline salts in your product.
Also be aware that tap water can result in non-mescaline salts being in your product. In my village I can just add a few drops of hydrochloric acid to a cup of water, evaporate it, and get crystals. When I'm salting mescaline, DMT, or any other alkaloid from solvents I use distilled water and acid stock solution made with distilled water.
If you did get large amounts of sodium chloride in your product you could dissolve the mescaline hydrochloride in nearly boiling 91%+ isopropyl alcohol, leaving the salt behind, and then just evaporate the alcohol after filtering. Another option would be to do a B/A extraction on the mescaline or just mix it very well and use a larger amount. 200mg Of salt wont hurt most people but it must be mixed well to prevent surprises.