We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What is 1 medium/strong San Pedro dose? Options

SKA
#1 Posted : 11/27/2009 1:00:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello SWIMteam,

SWIM has been growing a San Pedro for about 3 or 4 years now. It stands in the window facing southeast. Here where SWIM lives the winters are long, dark, wet and cold, but the relatively short are pretty hot and sunny. Probably because of that his San Pedro started becomming alot thinner and continued growing longer, but remained thin.

Today he's measured the length of his severely bent San Pedro. It grows almost entirely horizontal. The length measures 66 CM, from soil to top.
Allthough it's probably best to cut it above the ground some 10 cm when SWIM harvest so it can continue growing. The bottom first 20 cm of the cactus has a Diameter of about 7 CM. Further up, the thinner, remaining 40 CM of Cactus has a Diameter of about 4 CM.

Now SWIM has 2 questions:

1. - How would SWIM determine what would be a 1 person medium strength-dose from his San Pedro, which he just described.
Is there a way to determine a single, proper 1 person dose of SWIM's San Pedro without utting it and weighing it?
Can anyone determine, from the given rough measurements, wether SWIM's San Pedro is big enough to yield a proper dose suitable for a First time San Pedro experience?

2. - If SWIM indeed will cut up his San pedro for an Entheogenic experience, then he wants to buy 2 maybe 3 baby Peyotes and try to graft them on to the cutting wound of the rooted San Pedro.

He's heard that there are several substances that can be injected into San Pedros so their Mescaline content is effectively enhanced. Levo-Dopa and Dopamine SWIM believes. He wondered, if he'd injure his San Pedro anywayz, would it be possible to enhance the mescaline content by buying some Grafting paste, mix Levo-Dopa and Dopamine into the paste and smear it unto the wound-surface of the rooted San Pedro before grafting the babyPeyotes on to it?

AnySWIY?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Espiridion
#2 Posted : 11/27/2009 1:43:28 AM

--who.??..ME??--

I can't say anything about the grafting of pups except good luck and I am envious of anyone in the positio to do so.

As for dosing, you are recieving limited replies because the information is here in the Nexus if you search for it. My personal advice is to start with 20 cm and go from there. Prepare double that(40cm) in case the first 20 isn't doing it.

Remember, you can redose again and again with this substance and lose little to no loss in potency due to tolerance.

Cacti are a natural product and vary GREATLY in potency for to many reasons to list. Pedro also has other alkaloids besides just mescaline that are psychoactive. They are a bit stoning and come on quicker than the main attraction. They last a couple of hours and then lead into the mescaline. Mescaline takes AWHILE to come on, so, until you are used to the effects, take it slow.

On the other hand, depending on your experience with other psychedelics, know that Pedro is the friendliest entheogen I know of. I can't even imagine a bad trip on it. So...

Don't be too disappointed if your particular succulent is not potent. It happens. Just try again. It is wonderful medicine.

Namaste,

J
Ѯ҃

Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

SKA
#3 Posted : 11/27/2009 3:12:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks alot.

SWIM has had over 20 Mushroom experiences, over 15 LSD experiences, Countless DMT experiences, 3 Yopo experiences, 1 Ayahuasca experience(with Santo Daime)
So he guesses a Bad trip is not his main concern. He just wants to take it easy, cause he knows too high doses of LSD, Mushrooms, Ayahuasca..etc would be too heavy for him. For his first time experience he wants to ease into it, getting to know it from subtle to deep gradually.

Cutting 40 cm off of SWIMS San Pedro means that roughly 1/4th of that has a diameter of 7 cm while the remaining 3/th has a diameter of about 4 cm.
Would that be sufficient? If it won't, then SWIM will have no problem being simply more patient.

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 11/27/2009 6:39:48 PM

Teotzlcoatl

The potency of your clone depends entirely on genetics.

If it's a potent clone it could take as little as 3-5 inches to trip...

If it's a weak clone it could take up to TWO FEET!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Espiridion
#5 Posted : 11/30/2009 12:32:38 AM

--who.??..ME??--

Only one way to know....consult the Oracle. No really, just consume it.

J
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

SKA
#6 Posted : 1/2/2013 6:19:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the help, folks.

I have been very patient and, since starting this Topic, I have
allowed my San Pedro to grow for 4 more years. It is alot taller
now, but has continued growing only with narrow diameter (about 5 cm)
I'll have to perform a measurement to find out just how tall my San
Pedro is now.

I hope to cut out the middle part for consumption, leaving enough
left on the bottom-stump and top end to regrow new cacti out of them.

I'll be brewing a Tea from the middle section. I'll try a 20 cm piece
to start with, wait 2 hours & then decide if I'll have more and how much more.

At the time I posted this topic I had just come back to the Nexus after not
having been here for quite some time. I didn't know yet, that the Nexus-Wiki
had been enriched so much during my absence. I'll see what I can find about
San Pedro in the Nexus-Wiki.

ipumaestro
#7 Posted : 1/2/2013 9:25:51 PM

catdestined

choose your dose and stick to it

redosing is frowned upon in this cats eyes for the following reasons:
1. you wont know the full effects until its too late to "redose" to acquire the desired effects
2. one time dosing allows a user to gauge potency for further use
3. my personal perspective is that i respect myself more for sticking with the plan, i feel a sense of security through faith

best of luck with your medicine
achuma puma