We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Hyperspace Lexicon work thread Options

Guyomech
#61 Posted : 1/10/2012 3:54:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

I'm under the impression from the original post that part of what we are after here is some physical, visual description of actual hyperspatial landmarks... How about those crazy tile patterns? I know they are not unique to the DMT experience, and can crop up under the effects of shrooms or LSD as well, but they tend to be much clearer and brighter on DMT. Often they represent a simple square grid, although I've seen honeycomb tiles and other more complex regular tiling patterns. When I see these patterns it is usually in the early part of the experience- still in the anteroom, so to speak- and the patterns in the tiles seem to consist of information about my present mental state; often the patterns will start simple, then intensify, until at one point the journey moves to the next level...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Compound37
#62 Posted : 5/8/2012 5:15:18 AM

Gotta risk it, to get the biscuit

Could say sorry to revive this after four months, but I'm not, as I don't think we've even begun to scratch the creative and collaborative potential available to us at the Nexus as we develop a rich robust spice slang.

I noticed we didn't have fractals in the Lexicon. I was under the impression this was kind of already an accepted vernacular?

Hyperspacial Fractal: A mathematical Fractal, experienced subjectively in three (or more) dimensions, rising from, or adding to the JimJam, can be experienced viscerally such as found in Folding Rooms

(I threw that together rather hastily ...anybody's thoughts?) Is this already covered by someone else's word? I thought it kind of sounded like jim jam in general, but then I thought of the times the "air" and just "ether" of reality shattered into these fractals before my eyes before getting to breakthrough and or hyperspace and being fully able to experience the jimjam. Anyone have similar experiences, reference to a word which already has this covered?

Or basically just anymore ideas so that we can keep this thing going!? Hyperspace is constantly transforming and moving, so should our Lexicon continuously progress.

What word would you like to use for the tiles Guyomech? Do you mean something similar to Glass Crysanthemums? Or is it like an aspect of JimJam ? A mix of these? Or something else entirely? Just trying to more accurately visualize what your experience was so that I can understand if I've also experienced similar.

(Or am I supposed to be creating a new topic entitled Fractal in order to discuss this term?)
"Reality is an illusion, albeit a very persistant one"-Albert Einstein

The answer to life is not 42, It is 37. The flawed 42 was derived from a mistake in calculating the quantum flux of a tenth dimensional hyperspacial wormhole. For proof of my math, please follow me in a nice chaotic line to the fifth dimension for a practical dissemination of the results.

[size=4]Compound37 is a fictionalized character, any and all posts are based solely on speculation.

YTXian
#63 Posted : 3/16/2017 12:58:46 AM

Not an angry scientist but a mad one.

Well hello everybody! long time since I spoke here. I just happened to notice that we havn't got the phrase "Legoland" in the lexicon. Now I realize that many would say that this is covered by 'Candyland' but I submit the contention that Legoland is distinctly legoland because it appears to be made of legos, quite specifically. I don"t know how many of you, my fellow nexians have this experience but enough of my friends have had it to where I feel that it should be part of the lexicon. what do you all think?
In this world there are adults and there are children. In fact the world is filled with children; they are angry and hurt, frightened and abused, lazy and ignorant, stubborn and hateful. The world hates an adult and they would rather cause their peers to fail at any venture of self improvement before having to step up and improve their selves so as to maintain pecking order and evidence of the lowley opinion they have of each other. The best of them enslave the others so that they all consume and destroy all there lives in order to satisfy their immense greed claiming that they are providing a future for their legacy and never question the possibility of doing better in order to leave a real future for the children they will leave behind on this, our Earth. They pretend that it is impossible and when cornered they admit their apathy saying that they won't be around to suffer the out come. They hate the adults for exposing their immense weekness. The total failure that they call success. Mean while the adults strive to minimize their own impact and perpetually work to undo the damage already done. The adults who already know; they are the children of tomorrow.

slewb
#64 Posted : 3/20/2017 7:40:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder which came first - lego or legoland?

#65 Posted : 10/24/2017 10:10:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Figured I'd start posting in here when I can think of certain things. Just doing it for fun and nothing more, not trying to be too serious with this or anything. Just regurgitating what's on my mind:

For me with dmt, when I break through - the rooms that I'm typically in [vaulted, domed] - the walls/structure of the space seems to me to be layered, passing over top, through, underneath oneanother, multi-angular/dimensional. Highly fluidic, twirling transmutations never revealing itself concretely or directly, flowing, never pinned down.

The experiences usually goes through 2-3 stages/transitions, kind of like a story [sometimes only 1-2 transitions]. And say I'm in a room/space as I described above - sometimes these rooms/spaces will instantaneously generate out of themselves more of this 'swirling, prismatic hyper-pastel transmutations, some shifting into various more architectures, some shifting into these independent, intelligent forms/entities - and these entities seem to be woven of that same structure, woven of the same essence, all spun from the one-same-something-ineffable.

What I described is just a small small sliver of the totality of the experience as it's going on. It's impossible, but try we can..

Northerner
#66 Posted : 7/7/2018 12:56:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hear you on the transitions tatt. I have looked at it differently because of journaling and rather than thinking about the transition being the determining factor for recording I considered it the destination. These I call "scenes". But I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same thing. Generally 2-3 scenes per journey, but commonly connected with periods of travel between them. Sometimes they are related but at other times are completely random.

I think we're talking about the same thing anyway. Laughing

YTXian wrote:
Well hello everybody! long time since I spoke here. I just happened to notice that we havn't got the phrase "Legoland" in the lexicon. Now I realize that many would say that this is covered by 'Candyland' but I submit the contention that Legoland is distinctly legoland because it appears to be made of legos, quite specifically. I don"t know how many of you, my fellow nexians have this experience but enough of my friends have had it to where I feel that it should be part of the lexicon. what do you all think?

I missed this post, more than a year ago now.

Yes I have been in Legoland and know others who have as well. The the first time I ever tried DMT I passed through there in my 2nd scene. Something that I find most interesting about Legoland is there is a vibration, shaking even, to all the lego blocks. As if the whole thing could just come apart at any moment.

Something else that I have experienced multiple times I call "Dimensional Rift". It's where a dividing line or rift enters my perception and I am able to perceive 2 very different dimensions or scenes at the same time either side of the rift. The rift is usually vertical and moves in from one side of my perception to settle in the middle. The rift itself appears like a white static line but if I look closely it is actually comprised of folding shapes or Jimjam. Anyone else get that?
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

MachienDome
#67 Posted : 8/22/2018 11:12:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamesodeaththe2nd wrote:
Glass chrysanthemum - a pattern that turns into the door way to hyperspace.

Excellent suggestion. I would love to see this in there. This also sounds like something from my recent thread, would you care to share more about an experience in that thread at https://www.dmt-nexus.me...m=901437&#post901437 ? I would greatly appreciate it and would be eager to read the experience.

I would also love to see "waiting room" further explained.
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

PsyDuckmonkey
#68 Posted : 12/20/2018 4:46:22 PM

witch

I see there hasn't been a change to the Lexicon almost since I first joined the Nexus. I remember a discussion that NGC2264's entity descriptions should be removed or folded into a merged entity directory with appropriate annotations.

I feel like these descriptions, unlike the others, are extremely subjectively tinged, and were originally described in a detailed story of an actual, full psychotic break. I feel like they take the Lexicon in a rather negative emotional direction, they are incomplete without the rest of the story, and they definitely aren't indicative or typical experiences.

ps. I added a red note box to that section, and did a little stylistic cleanup of the Lexicon while I was at it. Right now I feel the "classic" entity list is far too short... I'm sure there should be more there, even if we start out from McKenna's and other oldtimers' reports. The other two are too opinionated in my view, even if HF's one is far less so than NGC2264's.

pps. I put in a few hours of work into the Lexicon. Fixed all the links, they were external links even though linking to the same page... Now they are proper wikitext internal links. Fixed a lot of whitespace and formatting stuff. Fixed a lot of grammar and orthography. Fixed a lot of alphabetization... Added some new entries... Let's keep this ball rolling. Smile
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

AstraLex
#69 Posted : 12/24/2018 9:43:57 PM

Russian-Orthodox Christian

Thank you for your work you put in Hyperspace Lexicon wiki, PsyDuckmonkey. However, now you have removed the whole NGC_2264 classification with the following note: "Goodbye Satan! Excising (or exorcising) the whole NGC_2264 tragedy from the Lexicon. If someone wants it back, let's discuss in the forums."

Well, I want it back. It was me who put both Hyperspace Fool's and NGC_2264's classifications there in the first place. It provided a nice overview of two polarities of the possible DMT experiences: love, light, happiness, all entities are good, benevolent, universe loves you etc. versus all entities are evil, DMT realm is a demonic home, they want you dead etc.

Now, you have censored the second part, writing it off as ramblings of a raving lunatic. Well, sure, I understand that it does offend your feelings, because your personal experiences might not be of the second polarity (or are they?) and now it makes you feel good to finally get rid of them and lead the DMT community to a realm full of happiness.

I disagree with you, both hypotheses about the polarities (all entities are good vs. all entities are evil) have the right to exist, leaving the people free to decide what aligns best with their own personal experience (the neutral Terence McKenna Machine Elves, the benevolent Hyperspace Fool or the evil NGC_2264 hypotheses).

What you have done here is censorship and ignorant destruction of knowledge, imposing your own views on the DMT Hyperspace experiences of other users.
I took the red pill.

PsyDuckmonkey
#70 Posted : 12/25/2018 2:32:06 PM

witch

It's not censorship, as the material is fully accessible in a rather prime location in the Forum. Nor is it "destruction of knowledge", as again, I destroyed nothing. The whole thing can be lifted right back by copy-paste from the version before the edit at will. I made an edit out of concern for newbie travelers looking for guidance, hoping to provide the most useful and beneficial information in the Lexicon. Smile Nobody batted an eye about the lexicon for three years, nobody seemed to care one bit, so I took the liberty to proactively go in and do some editing. I'm glad that we have discussion now, at least.

I think the NGC_2264 report is not a 'classification'. It wasn't written as such. It's a lengthy multi-trip report that's either the chronicle of a psychotic break (not "the ramblings of a raving lunatic", but rather "the extremely sad story of drug-triggered schizophrenic breakdown" ), or Christian anti-drug and anti-occultism propaganda (something I've read plenty of in my childhood in a protestant environment, and this reads hauntingly similar) dressed up as "DMT fan fiction". This was discussed at length in the thread it was originally posted in. At least one person in that forum reported extreme psychological distress potentially from having read NGC_2264's report, and 'inviting' similar experiences.

It doesn't take in account any other entity experiences other than NGC_2264's own. Most of it doesn't even deal with DMT entity encounters, but rather vague dream experiences. I am convinced that it really has no place in the hyperspace lexicon, for the reason of its extremely subjective nature, and for the reason it simply isn't really dealing with hyperspace at all.

There are no polarities, Hyperspace Fool didn't say that 'all entities are good'. He simply said that he doesn't find it a good idea to give too much attention to evil entities. I'd be perfectly okay to have some evil entities listed if someone collected them. However, for reasons stated above, NGC_2264's report doesn't really seem fitting. His reports could be used as sources, when backed up with similar experiences of others, piecemeal, entity-by entity. I'm very much against an unedited inclusion.

It just feels wrong for around one third to a half of the material in a "lexicon" be the uncritical copy-pasting of a single-source, doubtful material. All the other materials are sourced from multiple places, someone proposed or mentioned something they met in hyperspace, and others respoded saying 'yes I've seen something similar too'. This part alone was completely different.

For the same reason, I wouldn't be entirely against merging Hyperspace Fool's classification into a flat 'entities' section based on a similar collaboration and mining of reports in this forum as all the other entries of the Lexicon were sourced. I do find his classification to be rather arbitrary too, and indicative of his own worldview. That said, at least his isn't potentially inviting of bad experiences.

I'd really like to hear more opinions though, too. Much love. Smile

AstraLex
#71 Posted : 12/25/2018 6:32:22 PM

Nobody cares. Really. Just look at the history of addition at the wiki. One addition at three years time, nobody cares. If you want your own reality bubble at the wiki - I am fine, I don't care either. You want to huss up all alternative views - I don't care. Do what you want. I DON'T CARE.

You wanted to provoke a highly intelligent discussion here, just by removing a wiki entry? You wanted me to come up with some intellectual buzz fuzz about NGC being the most viewed and discussed topic at DMT-nexus quality reports section? I will NOT provide you any.

You want to create your own, solipsism reality bubble? Go ahead! Be my guest, change the wiki as you please, or remove it all together. You have the power. Do it and don't bother me or anybody else, for nobody cares. Peace out.
I took the red pill.

PsyDuckmonkey
#72 Posted : 12/26/2018 1:52:56 PM

witch

AstraLex wrote:
Nobody cares. Really.

I can see that nobody cares. Nor did you care for the span of three years since you pasted in two long entity sections from the forum and called it a day. I started caring, and look what it got me: antagonism and personal attacks.

Well, whatever. I'd ask you to try and cool down, but you're perfectly free to disdain me for having a different opinion than you, if you want.

---

Now, for everyone else who is not AstraLex:

I'd love to get the wiki in shape (it could really use some cleanup and work), and improve the Lexicon. I'm happy to volunteer time and effort, but it's bigger than me, and I'd want to be part of a community effort, not a sole editor people can then go out and stone outside the town for editing out something they liked or added themselves.

AstraLex
#73 Posted : 12/26/2018 8:01:56 PM

Dear PsyDuckmonkey, I want to make an apology for my personal rant towards you, full of accusations, insinuations and plain straw men fallacy. This kind of behavior is unacceptable at dmt-nexus, which is the place of free discussion and open-mindedness. I am sorry that you had to endure a personal attack from my side at this place.
I took the red pill.

Northerner
#74 Posted : 12/26/2018 10:54:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found the NGC_2264 additions dark and irrational when I first read them years ago. I know there is no sense in much of what we encounter, but the entries did not resonate with me at all. They appeared psychotic, at least elaborately fictitious.

I think Legoland should be considered for the Lexicon. I've encountered more people who have been to this place without hearing about it from anyone else since I made my entry a year and a half ago, and there were people talking about it before then too.

This post here illustrates quite closely what I was talking about with Dimensional Rift, with a star in one universe on one side of the rift exactly as I have seen, and then other shapes and stuff on the other side.

There's still much commonality to be found and documented for this project.

The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

PsyDuckmonkey
#75 Posted : 12/30/2018 1:25:51 PM

witch

I already added Legoland and a number of other words brought up here. Apparently the process of 'mention in thread -> reach consensus -> add to Lexicon' simply doesn't work due to low community activity, and western nurture (nobody like to take responsibility for anything here). There were awesome, really well-founded entries even back from 2012 that hadn't been added. Surprised

So I propose a new modus operandi, based on Burning Man ethos: it's called 'do-ocracy'. It means we just do things to our best abilities and what we believe will benefit the community. For me, this includes just adding something when it occurs to me 'how is it that this isn't already in the Lexicon'. Very happy Also, discussing and adjusting as we go.

As for the entities, I've re-added the NGC_2264 thing for now. I think the whole "traditional vs. new" classification thing is entirely misleading, as the "traditional classification" IS, for all means and purposes, THE hyperspace entity lexicon. While I kinda appreciate Hyperspace Fool's effort, his classification seems really tied to his own worldview, and quite hard to relate to most others' experiences. As for NGC_2264, he just wrote about how he got tormented by spirits during his schizophrenic breakdown.

It would be a cool effort to scour a bunch of trip reports from the forum, and manually text-mine entity descriptions, let categories emerge, add missing ones, and expand existing ones. I may or may not have time to do this sometime.

«PREV234