We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
Post Your Mescaline Extraction Results Options

pete666
#81 Posted : 10/31/2018 7:26:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
I respectfully disagree 100%. While water is an issue with acetone, in all experimentation it is negligible with MEK, and gives the cleanest, driest product. Acetone works, but it WILL soak up product if you dont make it anhydrous, and tends to leave things more sticky even after.

Isn't MEK partially miscible with water? If you get lab-grade pure MEK, then it should be OK, but what if it is not as good? Then drying with MgSO4 is likely a good idea.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SkunK
#82 Posted : 11/5/2018 8:44:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
blue.magic wrote:
Great results!

SkunK wrote:
I still plan to do the MEK cleanup just ran out of Time then other night. But so far I'm super stoked with the success I've had so far.

I would advice against the MEK cleanup. Your MEK and methanol must be anhydrous so you won't lose the product. There are better and more reliable methods using water and acetone or even just water, depending on the type of mescaline salt you have produced. You can also backsalt it if you really want mescaline fumarate.

I respectfully disagree 100%. While water is an issue with acetone, in all experimentation it is negligible with MEK, and gives the cleanest, driest product. Acetone works, but it WILL soak up product if you dont make it anhydrous, and tends to leave things more sticky even after.

Hope everything went well Skunk! Post your results if you finished. =)

Unfortunitly I Haven't had the time to re-address and research other options for a clean up. I was all prepped for the MEK in your Wiki write up (again thank you for all the time and hard work you have put into this tek. You are a legend!) ;but after some comments here I decided to take a break and do some more reading/research before I proceed to the clean up. I am by no means a chemist so figure I had best do my due dillagence on cleanup before I proceed. Doesnt hurt to lean more about procedures. But seeing as Kash is now here and commented Ill follow through and finish off his tec with an MEK wash on my 1st extract. I'll get this completed this weekend. If things go astray I have my latest extract to dabble with some other methods.

Now I'm off work for a while here so I'll focus some effort and energy into clean ups process.

During the last two or so weeks I did find the time to prep a few other crosses of cacti to pull extractions on. Have some
-San Pedro (PC?)
-SS01xJuuls Giant
-T.SS02 Bridgesii x T.peruvianis Serra Blue

Already comoleated the extract on the San Pedro and will follow with the the SS01xJuuls Giant this week.

San Pedro - This is the only Cacti in my collection that isn't seed green. It's a cutting that came out of PNW of the USA. I'm assuming what everyone refers to as a PC.

San Pedro: PC?
1-4 Year old Tip and Mid Cutting
-2 foot 1 Inch cutting
-1050Grams Wet/Fresh Cut
-46.2 Grams Dry/Powdered
Recovered Approximately 0.8 Grams/800 MG
So I recovered approximately 1.73% of unwashed product from this San Pedro Cactus.

SkunK attached the following image(s):
FB_IMG_1541447500658.jpg (66kb) downloaded 323 time(s).
FB_IMG_1541447510810.jpg (46kb) downloaded 332 time(s).
FB_IMG_1541447518837.jpg (49kb) downloaded 322 time(s).
FB_IMG_1541447525742.jpg (47kb) downloaded 320 time(s).
FB_IMG_1541447551558.jpg (28kb) downloaded 321 time(s).
FB_IMG_1541447568180.jpg (73kb) downloaded 319 time(s).
FB_IMG_1541447568180.jpg (73kb) downloaded 314 time(s).
The best time to sow a seed was 5 years ago.... the next best time is right now.

Kash
#83 Posted : 12/14/2018 7:22:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

pete666 wrote:
Kash wrote:

Isn't MEK partially miscible with water? If you get lab-grade pure MEK, then it should be OK, but what if it is not as good? Then drying with MgSO4 is likely a good idea.

Even if we are talking 'hardware' quality pure MEK, it is good to use without a salt drying because while it is partially miscible with water, it does not readily absorb water from the air in any short term setting or handling that was done during manufacture, unless something went very wrong.

Acetone on the other hand, is QUITE friendly towards water and will tend to pull it from the air on a much shorter timescale, thus requiring a salt drying if one wants decently anhydrous reagent. Another issue one has found with acetone is the cleaned product tends to be slightly sticky, likely from some mild water absorption during acetone evaporation if there is any humidity in the air.

But by all means feel free to dry all your reagents if you want to play it absolutely safe.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Kash
#84 Posted : 12/14/2018 7:30:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice work Skunk, looking good! Hope you had a good time with the resultThumbs up
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

KloudQ7
#85 Posted : 12/14/2018 7:38:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some mescaline sulphate.
KloudQ7 attached the following image(s):
DSC_0604.JPG (86kb) downloaded 243 time(s).

Kash
#86 Posted : 12/14/2018 7:44:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Delicious Kloud Big grin Cool

pete666
#87 Posted : 12/14/2018 7:48:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:

Even if we are talking 'hardware' quality pure MEK, it is good to use without a salt drying because while it is partially miscible with water, it does not readily absorb water from the air in any short term setting or handling that was done during manufacture, unless something went very wrong.

Acetone on the other hand, is QUITE friendly towards water and will tend to pull it from the air on a much shorter timescale, thus requiring a salt drying if one wants decently anhydrous reagent. Another issue one has found with acetone is the cleaned product tends to be slightly sticky, likely from some mild water absorption during acetone evaporation if there is any humidity in the air.

But by all means feel free to dry all your reagents if you want to play it absolutely safe.

Makes sense

Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

pete666
#88 Posted : 12/14/2018 7:49:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

KloudQ7 wrote:
Some mescaline sulphate.

Lovely!

Chaska
#89 Posted : 12/23/2018 4:54:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@skunk

i would have thought the 2 feet of bridgesii would have yielded 1.2 of alkaloid (thickness depending), however i am surprised that 2 feet of PC clocked in at .8 g... i would have expected .6g at most based on the experience

can we confirm from other extractions that the increase is negligible by alkaloid weight, even though experiencially theyre several magnitudes apart

grow plants, make tea, love life

KloudQ7
#90 Posted : 12/23/2018 6:51:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! I was amazed when I got 10 grams from a few jars of syrup that a friend gave me. He said it was potent but that's alot. I'm assuming he's got a mountain of cacti somewhere..

«PREV345