We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2425262728NEXT»
The official "Is this chem ok to use? / Where can I find ...?" thread Options

downwardsfromzero
#501 Posted : 12/10/2018 8:56:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

BaronVonVapesAlot - the listing for "benzene <0.1%" is a quality assurance that the amount of benzene present will not exceed this mandatory threshold level.

That Coleman fuel looks really good, if it passes the evaporation test then go for it.

Bear in mind that the pentane will evaporate off very easily indeed. This means you'll need to be particularly mindful of the flammability hazard - which should really go without saying.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

BaronVonVapesAlot
#502 Posted : 12/10/2018 9:59:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
BaronVonVapesAlot - the listing for "benzene <0.1%" is a quality assurance that the amount of benzene present will not exceed this mandatory threshold level.

That Coleman fuel looks really good, if it passes the evaporation test then go for it.

Bear in mind that the pentane will evaporate off very easily indeed. This means you'll need to be particularly mindful of the flammability hazard - which should really go without saying.

Well this is pretty exciting then!
I'll bear the extra flammability in mind downwardsfromzero, thank you very much!
Looking forward to posting results Big grin
https://youtu.be/wU0PYcCsL6o The Dream of Life - Alan Watts

earnest
#503 Posted : 12/18/2018 6:42:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello fellas! What is your opinion about the containing of this brake cleaner:

Hydrocarbons, C6-C7, n-alkanes, isoalkanes, cyclics, <5% n-hexane

It is used in the automobile repair industry as really good cleaning agent from oil and grease.

When evap tested it evaporate fairly fast without leaving any oil/grease.

downwardsfromzero
#504 Posted : 12/18/2018 6:15:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Looks pretty good, not sure how the cyclics (presumably cyclohexane and methylcyclohexanes) affect freeze precip, though.

In my locality, brake cleaner contains butyl acetate and toluene as well, which screws things up for freeze precip entirely.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

tracid1987
#505 Posted : 12/24/2018 11:46:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is it safe and advantageous to use NaCl (G.R. grade) to improve ionic strength which has these ingredients listed? Looks there is iodide (J) in it but negligible amount i think

https://ibb.co/YNFvzJk

translation:
Obsah hlav.zložky - main ingredient
Vlhkosť - moisture
Látky nerosp. v H2O - substances not soluble in water
Voľné kyseliny - free acids
Voľné zásady - ree alkalines
Ťažké kovy - heavy metals

thank you for help

downwardsfromzero
#506 Posted : 12/27/2018 12:10:08 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

80 ppm of iodide and 100 ppm of bromide will not affect your extraction adversely.

DiamT
#507 Posted : 1/10/2019 7:14:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So here's the thing I've experimented with alot of pleasant substances throughout my life and I've wanted to try dmt so bad just wasn't in the cards because you know that obviously I don't know plants or chemistry but I've decided to try it finally now the problem is I have no idea where to get dmt or the plants that contain it I've seen lists of plants that contain it but I can't tell you that I'll be able to identify plants that easily and I have no way of ordering the plant online because I live in a very weird country 😢

Anyways I don't wanna sound like a puss but I really wanna try dmt and I was hoping a fellow psychonaugt could help me with my final frontier and to begone my journey in after space

BBen
#508 Posted : 2/6/2019 7:03:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In my country i couldnt find clean "napthta", i've visited some shops and i have found petroleum ether/petroleum naphtha dunno how it should be translated to english, so here is what it consists of: Hydrocarbons, C7-C9, n-alkanes, isoalkanes, cyclics. do you think its okay to use it as NPS in extraction?

Juliusx33
#509 Posted : 5/29/2019 1:03:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am in the process of purchasing a non Polar Solvent in a foreign country and I worry about the compositions of different products I am looking at. I have found a product which is marketed as extraction Naphtha from a company called DRAGON that states it doesn't contain benzene, which we know to stay away from. Below is the composition I found in the MSDS PDF for the product:

3.1 Substances

Name of the substance:

Light gasoline treated

Hydrogen (crude oil)

Index number: 649-328-00-1

CAS number 64742-49-0

EC number 265-151-9

mass line in% 100

A complex combination of hydrocarbons obtained by treating the petroleum fraction with hydrogen in the presence

catalyst. It consists of hydrocarbons having carbon numbers predominantly in the range of C4 through C11 and boiling

in the temperature range from approx. -20ºC to + 190ºC.

On the basis of note P, the substance is not classified as carcinogenic - benzene content <0.1%.

Toluene content <3% or n-hexane content <3%.

Does this look OK to use in a STB extraction?

Thank you

enthearch
#510 Posted : 6/16/2019 6:30:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Solved! (edited)

Milimpa
#511 Posted : 6/22/2019 7:55:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, in canada and was looking for a naphtha alternative. found this "emzone" lighter fluid and was wondering if anyone has used it before? The Msds from their website says it is 70% heptane and 30% disstilates (petroleum) light hydrotreated. http://emzone.ca/media/1...uid_-_355_ml_en_4-1.pdf
Did an evap test on it and it came out clean. Good to use?

RoundAbout
#512 Posted : 6/22/2019 9:18:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Milimpa wrote:
Hello, in canada and was looking for a naphtha alternative. found this "emzone" lighter fluid and was wondering if anyone has used it before? The Msds from their website says it is 70% heptane and 30% disstilates (petroleum) light hydrotreated. http://emzone.ca/media/1...uid_-_355_ml_en_4-1.pdf

The bottle I tested failed the evaporation test. Took forever to evaporate relative to Ronsonol also (which seems to be what it is replacing in some stores).

If it didn't leave a residue it's probably OK to use.

Milimpa
#513 Posted : 6/22/2019 9:25:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

RoundAbout wrote:
Milimpa wrote:

The bottle I tested failed the evaporation test. Took forever to evaporate relative to Ronsonol also (which seems to be what it is replacing in some stores).

If it didn't leave a residue it's probably OK to use.

Thank you for the reply! Will evap test a few more times to be sure. If not ill try and get my hands on ronsonol.

Woolmer
#514 Posted : 1/21/2020 9:12:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently bought a bottle labeled as white gasoline in Spanish and the msds says it contains a mix of petroleum hydrocarbons and that the "components which create a risk" is the 90-95% naphta. I did an evap test with 3-4 drops and it evaporated very quickly but left a very faint circle around the pool that can only really be seen when shining a torch on it. Would this be fine to use?

downwardsfromzero
#515 Posted : 1/21/2020 11:07:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Woolmer wrote:
I recently bought a bottle labeled as white gasoline in Spanish and the msds says it contains a mix of petroleum hydrocarbons and that the "components which create a risk" is the 90-95% naphta. I did an evap test with 3-4 drops and it evaporated very quickly but left a very faint circle around the pool that can only really be seen when shining a torch on it. Would this be fine to use?

Was the surface on which you performed this evaporation test absolutely clean and free from grease? This would mean you cleaned it with detergent, rinsed carefully with distilled water, HCl, then distilled water again, followed by acetone or perhaps diethyl ether (careful with that stuff though!!)

If not, repeat the test using a meticulously clean surface.

omega-scar
#516 Posted : 1/24/2020 12:52:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Should I dare use this with Nomans tek ? Label says "Naphtha (Petroleum), Hydrotrated Heavy". Yes I know. The broken english. But that's how it is translated. And the Romanian translation for my country is even worse. What do you nice people think ?
omega-scar attached the following image(s):
20200123_175751.jpg (1,978kb) downloaded 138 time(s).
20200123_165028.jpg (3,390kb) downloaded 138 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#517 Posted : 1/24/2020 3:23:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

omega-scar wrote:
Should I dare use this with Nomans tek ? Label says "Naphtha (Petroleum), Hydrotrated Heavy". Yes I know. The broken english. But that's how it is translated. And the Romanian translation for my country is even worse. What do you nice people think ?

As stated in your other thread, this will work. In fact it should have great temperature/solubility characteristics but it will leave a residue in your product which will require cleaning up.

omega-scar
#518 Posted : 1/24/2020 3:29:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much for the feedback. Please see the update I posted on the other thread, if you have the time ?

downwardsfromzero wrote:
omega-scar wrote:

As stated in your other thread, this will work. In fact it should have great temperature/solubility characteristics but it will leave a residue in your product which will require cleaning up.

Nibs
#519 Posted : 2/8/2020 10:18:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Milimpa wrote:

In Canada there is a product called "Camping Fuel" made by Recochem. You can find it at hardware stores for very cheap. It is 100% Naphtha and passes the evap test.

Pure Naphtha will be better for the initial extraction as it will maximize the amount of alkaloids you can pull. Use something with more heptane to further refine your product afterwards because it is more selective than naphtha.

Quarantined
#520 Posted : 4/5/2020 7:15:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys, I'm in NZ and struggling to find Naptha, I've found this product, would anyone be able to help me determine whether it's what I need?

https://i.gyazo.com/d4ad...6a3c1a57a5d64734e61e.png

«PREV2425262728NEXT»