We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
No crock pot help Options

Virandell
#1 Posted : 12/18/2018 3:35:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can I use hot water from the kettle instead of crock pot? I am doing GordoTek anybody been doing like that? How long took evaporation ?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/18/2018 5:02:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

What kitchen facilities do you have, exactly? Do you have to share them with anyone? Please be mindful of the safety and security of yourself and those around you. I'd say wait on doing the extraction until you're properly prepared. It sounds as though your location, your equipment and your level of understanding could all do with being improved before embarking on this journey.

But, if you really can't wait:
You don't really need a crockpot. If you make a hot water bath you can also try the hybrid technique (lime/soda) I described in your other thread. Have a read through the FAQ for starters, you should be able to come up with some creative ideas to suit your situation.

Another alternative to evaporating is 'backsalting' from the naphtha into white vinegar. This DMT vinegar (acetate) can then be based with lime or soda paste and pulled again with minimal quantities of naphtha for freeze precipitation, or a more evaporation-friendly solvent like ethanol, IPA or acetone.

It sounds like you'd be better off avoiding evaporation of naphtha if at all possible.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Virandell
#3 Posted : 12/18/2018 5:08:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
What kitchen facilities do you have, exactly? Do you have to share them with anyone? Please be mindful of the safety and security of yourself and those around you. I'd say wait on doing the extraction until you're properly prepared. It sounds as though your location, your equipment and your level of understanding could all do with being improved before embarking on this journey.

But, if you really can't wait:
You don't really need a crockpot. If you make a hot water bath you can also try the hybrid technique (lime/soda) I described in your other thread. Have a read through the FAQ for starters, you should be able to come up with some creative ideas to suit your situation.

Another alternative to evaporating is 'backsalting' from the naphtha into white vinegar. This DMT vinegar (acetate) can then be based with lime or soda paste and pulled again with minimal quantities of naphtha for freeze precipitation, or a more evaporation-friendly solvent like ethanol, IPA or acetone.

It sounds like you'd be better off avoiding evaporation of naphtha if at all possible.

Really thanks for your advice I am to exicted to wait .. anyway I will be doing that outside Wich mean it will be fresh air I decided I will be not hassling with kettle I will just take extension outside the house and I will put crock pot outside.
Other question how long bark can stay Gordo saying up to 2 days could I leave it for example for 4 ?
If u could help me with that question would be great

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 12/18/2018 5:19:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
how long bark can stay

Stay where? Vinegar soaks can be cycled in and out of the freezer almost indefinitely. The lime stage is also pretty time-forgiving although it will slowly soak up carbon dioxide and dry out. Even if that happens (which, if you're that excited, it shouldn't Very happy ) it can still be broken into powder fairly easily, moistened and pulled with NPS. Either way 4 days is fine, possibly better - if you can ensure the extraction stays safe.

Raw, dry bark will keep for a very long time in an airtight package, btw.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Virandell
#5 Posted : 12/18/2018 5:26:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

GordoTek saying after giving Vinegar + calcium hydroxide leave it up to 2 days something will happend if I will leave it for example for 4 ? And yes sorry for changing my mind all the time but I am reading alot and keep changing my mind. But now is my final decision I am doing that outside in the balcony GordoTek with crock pot Smile

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 12/18/2018 6:12:01 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You might want to try out the chat for ongoing stings of questions like this.

You'll be in the welcome room, which sometimes can take a while to get replies. Senior members do check in from time to time so it's worth being patient to confirm that the information you'll be getting is reliable (some of these new members, sheesh... Very happy )

Just make sure you've got the whole method straight in your head.

*Vinegar plus bark, two day soak - freeze/thaw cycles also help.
*Use only enough diluted vinegar to moisten the bark. More can cause problems (e.g. excess calcium acetate is a bit annoying).
*Bark/vinegar paste plus lime, soak for up to two days. Longer is also fine.
*Check the consistency is like a soft dough. If it's too liquid, add more lime. If it's too crumbly, add a little (preferably deionised or distilled) water.
*Use only a minimum of naphtha to minimise the amount of evaporation required.
*Lots of small pulls are better than one big one.
*Pour your naphtha off into an intermediate container. This will catch any stray bark/lime particles and save you having to clean things later. Then it can be transferred for freeze precipitation.

Let your naphtha cool a little on the balcony. If it starts to go cloudy, then there's no need for the evaporation step.

Virandell
#7 Posted : 12/18/2018 6:15:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks allot for your time and help mate last last question... What's the minimum Naphtha for 100g ? GordoTek been using 100 ml for 100g also what u mean by leave Naphtha on balcony Abit to go cloudy to avoid evaporation ?

Virandell
#8 Posted : 12/18/2018 6:17:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Aaaa right I get u with leave it Abit to cool down ... Anyway what would be minimum Naphtha Wich I should use ? GordoTek said 100ml ?
Also I am asking if calcium + vinegar + bark can stay for Longer than 2 days becouse my Naphtha should come on Friday - Monday I am planning do the mixture of vinegar + calcium on Thursday so that would be eventually 4 days I been just worried if nothing will happend with the mixture Smile

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 12/18/2018 6:22:07 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Try adding that 100mL in four or five separate portions, pouring them off each time before adding the next one. Don't be worried if the first disappears into the dough somewhat, subsequent pulls will recover the trapped material.

Virandell
#10 Posted : 12/18/2018 6:33:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Right that sound good just to not miss understood u and to make sure
I am heating up slightly my 20 ml of Naphtha I am pouring that to bark mixing it pouring it to the dish and freeze... Again heating up 20 ml of Naphtha putting it to the bark mix and pouring it back to the dish and etc etc yes ?

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 12/18/2018 7:02:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Almost. You can combine several of the small pulls and freeze them all together.
And pour from the bark dish into a jug first. That catches any stray bark or lime and stops it getting in the freeze dish. (You'll probably find that pouring naphtha from a pie dish dribbles a bit, so a large jug or another glass baking dish is best here.)

So, three dishes. One with bark, one to catch naphtha (and any stray solids), one to put naphtha into freezer with.

Freezing 20mL and re-using it would be super efficient in solvent amount, but it would take more time.
You'd get to see how much each pull was producing.
That's what I would call "the tinkerer's approach".

I think you'd want to go for the single freeze, that should only take 24 hours.
Slower cooling allows for bigger crystals - put the dish in the fridge first (or cool it on the balcony), then the freezer.

Virandell
#12 Posted : 12/18/2018 7:11:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Mate u are a legend Smile)) thank you very much for your time !! So I am safe then to do it in the kitchen or just do bath in balcony just in case ? Smile That small pull sounds alot better for me and I can do it all in one day ? Or like 20 ml a day ? Thanks again ..

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 12/18/2018 7:35:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

If it's quickness you're after, do the five 20mL pulls one after another and combine all of them before the chilling process. These small pulls tend to evaporate a bit anyhow, as they're sat on a heat bath (crockpot).

The key thing with the pulls is thorough mixing through the paste - squish it around with a fork!

If you can use your kitchen fume extraction it's much better to do this indoors. ("What's that weird guy doing on the balcony in the middle of the night?" - know what I mean?)

Be safe, good luck!

Virandell
#14 Posted : 12/18/2018 7:38:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Exactly that what I thought ... Suspicious af unfortunately I dont got a fan but eventually I can do it on window ledge with open window .. thanks again that's best tip what I had from 4 days Smile

Virandell
#15 Posted : 12/18/2018 7:53:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
If it's quickness you're after, do the five 20mL pulls one after another and combine all of them before the chilling process. These small pulls tend to evaporate a bit anyhow, as they're sat on a heat bath (crockpot).

The key thing with the pulls is thorough mixing through the paste - squish it around with a fork!

If you can use your kitchen fume extraction it's much better to do this indoors. ("What's that weird guy doing on the balcony in the middle of the night?" - know what I mean?)

Be safe, good luck!

Just to make 110% sure I am over thinking person Very happy so basically that's my plan it u can just correct me last time I will be grateful.
I will measure 20 ml of Naphtha I will make hot bath in the pot from boiling water from kettle (I know that will take longer but I will have calmer head Very happy) I will leave it there for about 5-10 min and pour it to the bark mix it for 10 min with the fork and pour all to the glass dish. And again measure 20 ml boil the kettle make hot bath etc etc I am right? just correct me if I can .. I am green there but can tell u everything about growing weed Very happy

Virandell
#16 Posted : 12/18/2018 8:36:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can't find any post so I just rather ask u as I can see u know what u are talking about Smile

downwardsfromzero
#17 Posted : 12/18/2018 8:41:13 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

20mL of naphtha will warm up in under a minute if you swirl the jar in hot water.

Everything else you say there is just fine.

As someone recently said, extracting DMT is about as easy as making a decent cheese sandwich.

Virandell
#18 Posted : 12/18/2018 8:43:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
20mL of naphtha will warm up in under a minute if you swirl the jar in hot water.

Everything else you say there is just fine.

As someone recently said, extracting DMT is about as easy as making a decent cheese sandwich.

Right I know everything then thank you very much I will let u know about results !! Parcel should come tommorow after tommorow with the stuff Smile)))

downwardsfromzero
#19 Posted : 12/18/2018 8:53:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Just make sure you've read the Attitude Page

Particularly this bit:

Quote:
No discussion on selling, buying, sourcing, acquiring, pricing, trading, receiving, distributing, mentioning pending deliveries or smuggling of drugs

This includes all isolated psychedelic compounds and RCs (Research Chemicals), whether they are legal or not. The only goods allowed to be discussed are legal live plants, legal viable seeds (both in the Sustainable plant and seed suppliers subforum) and legal/unwatched chemical supplies. See Street Value of DMT (AND WHY YOU SHOULDN'T EVER SELL DMT AND OTHER PSYCHEDELICS) for good reasons why we don't allow this.

Also please read this thread: Bye bye MHRB sourcing talk, we will remember you

Note that this includes references to dried plant material. Let's assume you just had it in the cupboard already, OK?

PsyDuckmonkey
#20 Posted : 12/18/2018 9:30:21 PM

witch

Virandell is it just me or did you just post FOUR topics asking the exact same question, not to mention after I and others have already responded to the first one? Surprised Wink Confused

Were you high or something? Seriously, please refrain from doing this. If you want to clarify or ask related questions, you can always continue with the discussion in one topic. Also it would be really nice of you if you asked the admins to delete the duplicate topics and leave only one.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

12NEXT