We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Boiling water from kettle instead slow cooker GordoTek will be working ? Options

Virandell
#1 Posted : 12/18/2018 12:04:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I want to use boiling water from kettle and make a hot bath instead of slow cooker it should work right ? Is just for safety reasons? And if anybody was doing like that how long took evaporation process ?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

PsyDuckmonkey
#2 Posted : 12/18/2018 12:11:11 PM

witch

Virandell wrote:
I want to use boiling water from kettle and make a hot bath instead of slow cooker it should work right ? Is just for safety reasons? And if anybody was doing like that how long took evaporation process ?

Generally the slow cooker is called for in order to get a controlled temperature source. A boiling water bath is a controlled temperature source, and one that has been used in culinary arts since ancient times... however, it has one setting: 100 degrees Celsius / 212 degrees Fahrenheit.

I think the whole point of a slow cooker, at least in cooking, is to cook the food at a temperature below 100 degrees Celsius. So a boiling water bath will be hotter than a slow cooker usually.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

DreadedShaman
#3 Posted : 12/18/2018 12:15:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I mean for evaporation heat just helps, generally the more heat there is the faster things will evaporate. You could put a fan on it at room temp and it'll all evaporate, it might just take a while.

Again, please evaporate solvents in an area with lots of fresh air flow. I liked the suggestion of using your stoves fume Hood (assuming it vents outside)

Virandell
#4 Posted : 12/18/2018 12:22:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DreadedShaman wrote:
I mean for evaporation heat just helps, generally the more heat there is the faster things will evaporate. You could put a fan on it at room temp and it'll all evaporate, it might just take a while.

Again, please evaporate solvents in an area with lots of fresh air flow. I liked the suggestion of using your stoves fume Hood (assuming it vents outside)

I want do it on balcony that's why is the idea with water from the kettle and pot not slow cooker

Virandell
#5 Posted : 12/18/2018 12:24:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
Virandell wrote:

Generally the slow cooker is called for in order to get a controlled temperature source. A boiling water bath is a controlled temperature source, and one that has been used in culinary arts since ancient times... however, it has one setting: 100 degrees Celsius / 212 degrees Fahrenheit.

I think the whole point of a slow cooker, at least in cooking, is to cook the food at a temperature below 100 degrees Celsius. So a boiling water bath will be hotter than a slow cooker usually.

Hmm so it should work ? I will be doing that outside temeprature is like 4 degrees so I will have to refill the pot with water from the kettle a few times probably

Virandell
#6 Posted : 12/18/2018 12:27:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
Virandell wrote:

Hmm so it should work ? I will be doing that outside temeprature is like 4 degrees so I will have to refill the pot with water from the kettle a few times probably I am planning also put a hot water bottle under the pot so will gonna keep the temperature atleast for a while

Trippin on deez
#7 Posted : 12/25/2018 10:57:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I use a pot of water on a glass top stove. Set the stove on 1 to start once I get the water to a slight boil/simmer and to evaporate I put it between 1 and lo. I do a couple little things differently than the video and have ran them by Gordo. Half way through freeze precipitation ~2.5hrs I rotate the dish 180° to get the spice out of the naptha and let it drain away starting the drying process. When drying I keep the dish tilted and use a 16" fan to speed up the process. Lastly I have done 5 pulls on almost every batch because the 4th is yielding 350mg+, my 5th is usually between 165-200mg and consistently get a minimum of 2% over all. I struck gold with this vendor and have cleaned him out.
Trippin on deez attached the following image(s):
IMG_20181206_204306930.jpg (3,557kb) downloaded 60 time(s).
IMG_20181129_092326051.jpg (4,962kb) downloaded 61 time(s).
IMG_20181214_234825785.jpg (3,276kb) downloaded 61 time(s).

Virandell
#8 Posted : 12/25/2018 11:00:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks buddy I done already 3 pull 1 was a fail I had to low temperature of Naphtha or I didn't left calcium hydroxide for long enough but everything is ok now anyway thank you for your time and advice Smile

Dazar
#9 Posted : 3/4/2019 7:04:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey likeminded people Smile

My very first post..

So I have a really neat pressure cooker and i can use it just right for this purpose; as a slow cooker. i googled crock pot temperatures and on several sites and in manuals i found 'high' setting, which Gordo recommends is 120-140 Celsius. It's just too high.. Low settings are around 80-90 Celsius.

What's your recommendation for water temperature for pulls?

Thanks