We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The awesome Belousov-Zhabotinsky reaction! Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 12/16/2018 11:59:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiya,

Just found an awesome video that replicates a very interesting occurrence between several chemicals. It's not psychedelics-related in any way, but very cool and interesting to watch.

I don't know chemistry at all, but the chemists here will surely appreciate this thing.

Cheers!
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 12/16/2018 4:24:23 PM

Come what may

I am fascinated with chemistry! Very cool video!

It sure seems psychedelic related to me. Those reactions are pretty trippy!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 12/16/2018 4:47:04 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Aha!, the Belousov-Zhabotinsky reaction...

This is an oscillating chemical reaction, of which there are several classes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_oscillator

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Nydex
#4 Posted : 12/16/2018 7:37:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Truly fascinating indeed. Every time I see something like that I get to think how little I understand of how the world around me, and the one in me, works. Nature is, without a shadow of a doubt, the greatest artist that will ever exist. It's no wonder that some of the best functioning human creations are based on models directly taken from nature.

It is both scary and humbling to think about how little we actually know.

I also love how clean and organized the dude's workstation is. Watching him put all those chemicals together and mix them and add some more, transfer and heat and everything else....it's amazing to see a chemist at work.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN