We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
UK Naphtha Options

Virandell
#1 Posted : 12/16/2018 7:22:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys I am new there I will be first time extracting DMT I need 1 igriedient Naphtha .. any good alternatives in UK ? I can't find anything ..

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Randomness
#2 Posted : 12/16/2018 10:51:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lighter fluid or if you want a larger amount that works out much better value get some pre-wipe degreaser from an auto factor.

You can always do a search for material safety data sheet on a product to find out what it actually contains :-)

No where in the really uk sells “naphtha” as a product in itself. You just have to work out what it’s legitimately used for.

Virandell
#3 Posted : 12/16/2018 10:52:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am planning to buy Zippo lighter fluid premium low odor u think that's a good idea .?

Virandell
#4 Posted : 12/16/2018 10:55:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Randomness wrote:
Lighter fluid or if you want a larger amount that works out much better value get some pre-wipe degreaser from an auto factor.

You can always do a search for material safety data sheet on a product to find out what it actually contains :-)

I am planning to buy zippo lighter fluid low odor u think that's a good option?
Thanks

Randomness
#5 Posted : 12/16/2018 10:58:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Works for me I have used it in the past before getting a shed load of degreaser.

The degreaser is slightly lighter and evaporates quicker if you use it in a zippo. It’s also about 10x cheaper per 100ml but only comes in 5l containers :-)

Virandell
#6 Posted : 12/17/2018 1:21:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Randomness wrote:
Works for me I have used it in the past before getting a shed load of degreaser.

The degreaser is slightly lighter and evaporates quicker if you use it in a zippo. It’s also about 10x cheaper per 100ml but only comes in 5l containers :-)

Contains-Solvent naphtha (petroleum) light aliph Stop is it safe ? bull brand light fluid

PsyDuckmonkey
#7 Posted : 12/17/2018 3:09:09 PM

witch

From what I gather, medical benzinum is also good, one just needs to be careful with pressure, as it has more low-temperature evaporating fractions than lighter fluid. In mainland Europe I found that it's cheaper in bulk than premium lighter fuel, and is sure to be free from problematic additives.

Also, I think you might also consider xylene (available as paint solvent). According to some sources, it would seem to pull more alkaloids from MHRB soup than naphtha, resulting in a more "interesting" (but less "pure"Pleased product.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

Virandell
#8 Posted : 12/17/2018 3:26:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nah I just need a small amount max 400 ml Very happy but thank you for your help somebody said clipper lighter fluid suppose to be good aswell ..

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 12/17/2018 7:07:03 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Virandell wrote:

Contains-Solvent naphtha (petroleum) light aliph Stop is it safe ? bull brand light fluid

Yes, if it doesn't contain any other ingredient or additive that isn't safe.

Always do an evaporation test; if it leaves a greasy mark, don't use it.

An alternative that works quite nicely (and is pretty cheap) is to use BBQ lighting fluid (the naphtha sort) although this is a heavier naphtha so you're better off recrystallising from something like the Zippo fuel. At least that helps you to avoid buying four cans of Zippo at once.

Someone recently posted a similar question about Coleman liquid camping fuel, which is also a good light naphtha and would be worth considering if there's a decent camping/caravanning store in your area.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/FAQ

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

earnest
#10 Posted : 12/17/2018 7:33:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Randomness
#11 Posted : 12/17/2018 10:57:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks all good from the data sheet.

Composed of fairly light hydrocarbons c6 to c12 so should be fairly selective and give a clean final product. It’s closer to hexane than lighter fluid which is generally a bit heavier so as not to evaporate out of your lighter to quickly.

The lighter hydrocarbons hold slightly less spice per ml but pick up less impurity’s such as plant fats and oils. You can increase the capacity of a solvent to hold alkaloids by increasing the temperature at which you extract with the trade off being a higher chance of picking up the above mentioned plant oils and fats.

As mentioned above do an evaporation test on anything you use just to check it doesn’t leave a resadue.

Generally the auto degreasers are used before spraying cars body work with paint so have to evaporate fully to be any use.

Virandell
#12 Posted : 12/17/2018 11:03:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I got last stiupid question I decided use zippo now for the safety reason very very stiupid question Very happy I will be doing GordoTek extraction vinegar+calcium hydroxide + zippo + slow cooker I will have to evaporate it for about 40 min it will be safe to do it in the kitchen with low ventilation ? My window can open only Abit because of kitchen sink.... Or not risk it and try do it somehow on balcony but temperature is about 2 4 degrees and I will have to do it at night so people could not see me Very happy
Sorry again for question...

Randomness
#13 Posted : 12/17/2018 11:09:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want to be really safe and definitely not catch fire warm something else up in your oven like some sand and then put that on your balcony and put the extract on it to provide some heat.

Chances are that if you did evap in your kitchen you would just make your house stink of lighter fluid and give yourself a headache but I am not going to recommend anything that could potentially combust and cause you or your neighbors to catch fire.

Virandell
#14 Posted : 12/18/2018 12:09:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Balcony then ... U scared me with neighbors to be honest.. don't got sand unfortunately so I will just have to use water .. appreciate your answer Very happy

Virandell
#15 Posted : 12/18/2018 12:16:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Randomness wrote:
If you want to be really safe and definitely not catch fire warm something else up in your oven like some sand and then put that on your balcony and put the extract on it to provide some heat.

Chances are that if you did evap in your kitchen you would just make your house stink of lighter fluid and give yourself a headache but I am not going to recommend anything that could potentially combust and cause you or your neighbors to catch fire.

I am starting to think method with caustic soda would be better but I don't like idea of that chemichal ..

Virandell
#16 Posted : 12/18/2018 12:31:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Randomness wrote:

Just to keep my head clear as I can see you are experienced Smile if I will be doing that on balcony and people passing will be smoking a cigarette nothing will happed ? Very happy from my balcony to path is like 5 meters is it fine ?

downwardsfromzero
#17 Posted : 12/18/2018 1:04:57 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Virandell wrote:
I am starting to think method with caustic soda would be better but I don't like idea of that chemichal ..

If you have washing soda (sodium carbonate) you can mix that with your lime in situ to produce caustic soda without having to handle the concentrated 'chemical'. This works as part of an A/B tek to pull with naphtha. You would still want to use gloves and eye protection, even with lime.

Quote:
Just to keep my head clear as I can see you are experienced Smile if I will be doing that on balcony and people passing will be smoking a cigarette nothing will happed ? Very happy from my balcony to path is like 5 meters is it fine ?

Lighter fluid is not that flammable, especially compared to something like diethyl ether. And you can use your slow cooker with a suitably rated extension lead, surely? (Although if you're doing that, having somebody spark up a cigarette lighter nearby could potentially cause ignition.)

Alternatively, just use smaller amounts for each pull. It's a good idea to avoid having to evaporate, especially if you're having trouble finding a decent solvent.

If your living situation is not suitable in terms of facilities, neighbours, security, or whatever then you would be better off waiting until you've moved to a better location. Use the intervening time to read, read, read more about the whole process so you understand what you'll be doing.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Virandell
#18 Posted : 12/18/2018 1:09:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Instead of slow cooker I will use just pot with water from the kettle I think that will be better instead of taking a slow cooker outside.. thanks for your help buddy Smile

Virandell
#19 Posted : 12/18/2018 2:53:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Virandell wrote:

If you have washing soda (sodium carbonate) you can mix that with your lime in situ to produce caustic soda without having to handle the concentrated 'chemical'. This works as part of an A/B tek to pull with naphtha. You would still want to use gloves and eye protection, even with lime.

Quote:

Lighter fluid is not that flammable, especially compared to something like diethyl ether. And you can use your slow cooker with a suitably rated extension lead, surely? (Although if you're doing that, having somebody spark up a cigarette lighter nearby could potentially cause ignition.)

Alternatively, just use smaller amounts for each pull. It's a good idea to avoid having to evaporate, especially if you're having trouble finding a decent solvent.

If your living situation is not suitable in terms of facilities, neighbours, security, or whatever then you would be better off waiting until you've moved to a better location. Use the intervening time to read, read, read more about the whole process so you understand what you'll be doing.

What u mean with good suitability rated extension ? Do u think refiling normal pot with water from the kettle would work as good as slow cooker ?

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 12/18/2018 5:39:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
What u mean with good suitability rated extension

"a suitably rated extension lead" - an electrical cable fitted with a plug on one end and socket or sockets on the other, which is capable of safely delivering the power required by the device plugged into it.
(UK plugs are fitted with a safety fuse, the power rating of which should be appropriate for the device being powered through it.)

Most notably, if one uses a high-powered device with a cable-drum type extension cord, the cable should be fully unwound to avoid risk of fire.

(I think you've covered this idea in one of your duplicate threads, which should probably be merged into this one.)

USING A SMALLER VOLUME OF SOLVENT WILL REDUCE OR COMPLETELY REMOVE THE NEED TO EVAPORATE!
^Please consider this notion carefully.^

12NEXT