We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Unexpected result from sunflower oil pulls after naphtha Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 7/4/2018 11:35:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I pulled 73g based MHRB tea with naptha several times, with freeze-precipitation, yielding 1.06g of powder, or 1.45% (details) . The bark wasn't exhausted when I stopped pulling. The reason I stopped was that I didn't like product obtained, which didn't feel like the plant teas at all and I thought it was useless.

I decided to pull it a few times with vegetable oil and bioassay the product to see if this supposedly wider-spectrum extraction could yield something of medicinal value.

Having assumed most of the DMT had already been extracted by the naphtha, my thinking was that the remaining alkaloids would be mostly the other, minor alks (NMT, beta-carbolines) and little DMT, and so the effects would be unique due to the higher concentration of the non-DMT alks.

I drank an equivalent of 16g bark (with rue harmalas). That's a lot and I'd normally never drink that in crude tea, but (1) this bark had already been largely exhausted for DMT by the naphtha, and (2) some goodies must have been left in the bark after the oil pulls, as I only did 5-6, so I thought it would be manageable and it would be interesting to see what the other alks feel like.

Surprisingly, it turned out not only strong, but indistinguishable from crude tea. It was a wonderful medicine.

After the naphtha disappointment, I'm very happy to have found an extraction method that actually extracts medicine from the bark, and produces a pharmahuasca that actually is an alternative to ayahuasca.

To sum up my experience with the extraction techniques:
- sunflower oil pulls medicine
- naphtha pulls something that doesn't seem useful (not for pharma anyway)

This makes me wonder: it is commonly believed it's the DMT in the admixture plants that produces the desired effects. But could this be a myth? Could it be that it's some other co-occurring alkaloids, or that what naphtha pulls is not even DMT?

One bioassay in the pipeline is to take some of the bad DMT with the oil-pulled medicine, and see how they mix. Theoretically this should be an even fuller spectrum, so it should be good. If it's not, it may indicate that the naphtha pulls converted the DMT into something else.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

PsyDuckmonkey
#2 Posted : 12/15/2018 10:08:42 AM

witch

Sounds very intriguing. I'd like to try a similar full-spectrum extraction... What was your exact process? How did you pull or crash the alkaloids out of the vegetable oil? Did you aim for salts or freebases as your final product?
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

Jagube
#3 Posted : 12/15/2018 6:04:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
I'd like to try a similar full-spectrum extraction... What was your exact process? How did you pull or crash the alkaloids out of the vegetable oil? Did you aim for salts or freebases as your final product?

It's been a while, so I can't remember all the details, but my oil pulls were pretty much the same as in the teks that use limonene, just substituting sunflower oil for limonene.

I salted the vegetable oil pulls with cold vinegar, saved the vinegar and then pulled it twice more with warm / hot water.

The vinegar / water pulls were combined and reduced.

Compared to limonene, the sunflower oil is much more emulsion-forming, but it is a cheap and widely available option and the final product tastes better.

PsyDuckmonkey
#4 Posted : 12/16/2018 1:42:55 PM

witch

Jagube wrote:
PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
I'd like to try a similar full-spectrum extraction... What was your exact process? How did you pull or crash the alkaloids out of the vegetable oil? Did you aim for salts or freebases as your final product?

It's been a while, so I can't remember all the details, but my oil pulls were pretty much the same as in the teks that use limonene, just substituting sunflower oil for limonene.

I salted the vegetable oil pulls with cold vinegar, saved the vinegar and then pulled it twice more with warm / hot water.

The vinegar / water pulls were combined and reduced.

Compared to limonene, the sunflower oil is much more emulsion-forming, but it is a cheap and widely available option and the final product tastes better.

Yea limonene is expensive as hell. Sad Thanks for the tip, sunflower oil is such a widely available and cheap material.

I'm wondering if salting with fumaric acid would work - whether all the actives would crash out of solution as DMT fumarate does.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?