We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Piperine Options

Cactus Man
#1 Posted : 6/3/2018 5:00:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Been experimenting with extracting piperine from black pepper recently. About to get a nice yield off 100g. What is the recommended dosage of this stuff?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

blue.magic
#2 Posted : 6/3/2018 1:01:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read something like 5 - 20 mg per day just by quick googling.

20 mg of piperine is say to increase bioavailability of curcumine 15-fold so this amount seems to already strongly blocks the digestive enzyme.

BTW have you watched the NileRed's piperine extraction video? He seems to be able to make quite pure product:

Cactus Man
#3 Posted : 6/3/2018 4:13:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I guess ill start with about 10mg to be safe. Thanks for the reply!

Cactus Man
#4 Posted : 12/6/2018 12:18:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

After putting it off for a really long time I am finally finishing up my first successful small scale piperine extraction!

Right now I am freeze precipitating the end product. Planning to try to use it in about a 10mg dose as a booster for kratom tomorrow as I hear it potentiates kratom quite well!

Anyone know of other things piperine can be used to potentiate? I have high hopes for this compound! Thumbs up

benzyme
#5 Posted : 12/6/2018 1:23:50 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP3A4

look under Ligands.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Cactus Man
#6 Posted : 12/7/2018 2:24:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP3A4

look under Ligands.

thanks man! ill get back to you all soon on how some of my personal experiments with it go!

decided to do some cactoos today instead and skipped the piperine.

gonna check up on it in the freezer soon to see if it precipitated. Thumbs up

Cactus Man
#7 Posted : 12/16/2018 3:35:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Freeze precipitation went great! Ended up getting a nice pile of xtals!

Did a few small experiments using it to potentiate kratom with moderate success. Gonna try to do more experimental trials soon.

benzyme
#8 Posted : 12/16/2018 4:16:35 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

nice Big grin
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Fractalus
#9 Posted : 12/18/2018 7:48:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As benzyme wrote is affect the Cytochrome P450.
one of the most common usess of it in the supplement industry is in combination with curcumin as it enhence the absorption of it,
in the chaineese medicine it called absorption factor(maybe not the right words, just my translation of it) and its known long time before the science even revealed the p450.
btw NileRed is awsome!!! learned alot from this dude Smile
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.