We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Some Amanita Muscaria Options

Tony6Strings
#1 Posted : 12/13/2018 6:05:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed a few threads about these lately so I figured I would show the ones I picked this fall. I have never tried these, I've only eaten psilocybin containing mushrooms. The biggest amanita we found this year was about the size of a dinner plate, I did not pick that one as it was too wet and mushy (i picked some like this before, when I tried drying them they turned to black mush, decomposed, so I don't pick the soggy ones anymore). I'm considering eating some of these, if and when I do I will post an experience report.
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20181213_094232.jpg (689kb) downloaded 74 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DreadedShaman
#2 Posted : 12/13/2018 6:11:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mmm, toadstools. I have a few broken up cap decorating my incense shrine and two large dried caps I'm planning on playing with.

Read through "the herb of imortality" and was interested in trying to make some "Ambrose anointing oil"

null24
#3 Posted : 12/13/2018 7:23:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

You are going to want to get rid of those stems and put them in paper bags.

If you haven't discovered them yet, I'll bet there are a whole bunch of maggots making their way out of the stems. All AMs have fly larvae...

They look dried, so maybe you got awaywith it, but there might be dead ones in there depending on your drying method.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

hexixt
#4 Posted : 12/13/2018 9:45:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have not tried them myself yet, but from what I've read they can be very powerful and even half a cap can be overwhelming depending on the mushroom. I'd start very small and figure out what the potency is. Also, large doses have been known to induce convulsions, so be careful. They are a deliriant, so your experience will be very difference for psilocybin mushrooms. If you are in the States, particularly on the West Coast, you may well have the Pantherina variant judging by the color of your mushrooms, which is significantly more potent than traditional Amanita Muscaria from Europe.

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 12/14/2018 12:27:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@null24- In one of the short stories in Demon Box, Ken Keasey talks about the acid test symbol, a heart with a cross. Something about spiritual purity, cross my heart or something. Is that where the picture in your avatar is from? Also in my intro thread you shared about having some common ground with the medicine we both take, I just wanted to say that made me feel welcomed. I was honestly afraid that when I posted about being on methadone i would be shunned and stigmatized, it was really nice to have experienced the opposite.
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

PsyDuckmonkey
#6 Posted : 12/14/2018 2:14:12 PM

witch

Bake the shrooms before eating. Better yet, soak and then heat treat it in an acidic drink such as grape juice. You want to make sure all the ibotenic acid has been decarbed before putting it in your mouth.

Read up on Amanitas before doing this. A lot. You want to understand all the actives in it, muscarine, muscimol, and the black sheep ibotenic acid. You want to understand what decarbing is and how it happens chemically. You want to understand dosages and levels of the Amanita experience.

The Amanita compares to psilocybin species like panthers compare to house cats. This shroom ain't no joke. You can use it safely, but you can also end up in hospital or jail if careless.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

DreadedShaman
#7 Posted : 12/14/2018 4:55:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jail??

I guess legality varies....

Muscarias are totally legal in the USA... Minus Louisiana for some reason

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 12/14/2018 6:47:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

DreadedShaman wrote:
Jail??

I guess legality varies....

Muscarias are totally legal in the USA... Minus Louisiana for some reason

It seems Psyduckmonkey is not talking about legality of the mushroom per se, rather legality of ensuing behaviour. Deliriant-induced berserking was appropriate (if it's even possible to say that!) during Viking raids a thousand years ago, less so today at the local mall.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PsyDuckmonkey
#9 Posted : 12/14/2018 7:34:15 PM

witch

downwardsfromzero wrote:
It seems Psyduckmonkey is not talking about legality of the mushroom per se, rather legality of ensuing behaviour. Deliriant-induced berserking was appropriate (if it's even possible to say that!) during Viking raids a thousand years ago, less so today at the local mall.

Exactly. People with darker skin color might also want to worry about getting shot by cops.

Keep to low doses, or have a trip sitter who's stronger than you physically. Smile
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

null24
#10 Posted : 12/15/2018 2:46:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tony6Strings wrote:
@null24- In one of the short stories in Demon Box, Ken Keasey talks about the acid test symbol, a heart with a cross. Something about spiritual purity, cross my heart or something. Is that where the picture in your avatar is from? Also in my intro thread you shared about having some common ground with the medicine we both take, I just wanted to say that made me feel welcomed. I was honestly afraid that when I posted about being on methadone i would be shunned and stigmatized, it was really nice to have experienced the opposite.

Thumbs up You got it, that is indeed thesource of my avatar. Nice, i appreciate that, I'd forgotten where i read that. I thought it was in Wolfe's book but after scouring it for the quote to no avail...I'd forgotten all about that book, good one. I love the story about the great pyramid at Giza looking like a road into the heavens from its foot.

I too am interested in the amanita. I'm just sitting with it, and hunting it, and from the documented historical uses of it, it seems to me to be the King Mushroom, very, very ancient and of the planet earth. Male, am ancient of days in form.

I read a moving account info Reddit in which the person received a very direct lesson and a healing that he was able to instantly read and accept, unlike the strange and cosmic revelations of psilo.

I'm rambling...good luck, read, read, read, and i think a sitter is a requisite for this one.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Tony6Strings
#11 Posted : 12/15/2018 3:27:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah the Egypt story was a good one. My personal favorite was "The Day Superman Died" the piece about Neal Cassady. I found that book on a shelf at the library when my daughter was born, I loved it.

And here I was thinking an A. Muscaria induced berserker rage would be just the thing to liven up these gloomy winter evenings. Entertain the family maybe. Lol. Yes I will be very careful. When picking them i had no real intention of eating, I just love the way they look, love finding them. I've read most of the available information on the web.
olympus mon wrote: