We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
GVG alternative Options

Noflers
#1 Posted : 12/14/2018 4:33:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been wanting for a while to replicate the GVG with a few much cheaper
Glass pieces. I have been searching ever since I discovered the existence of the GVG. Now, I've never used a GVG, but I think you can just look at it and know it works well. That coupled with
Virtually no bad reviews from users, no matter what substance
They use it with, makes me want one. The problem is, it's $119. I'm not even sure if that includes shipping...

I bumped into this thread today https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=56074

And thought, "well those guys already did it", however, my original plan uses a J-hook type with a MALE fitting in the end, rather than the FEMALE. This would give a sort of base to place a ceramic disc then on top of that would've the spice, and over that would be a ceramic disc or the stainless liquid pad for diffusing the flame.

Currently using the copper and brass contraption made from air compressor line fittings.

So, does anyone know where I can find one of these, but with a MALE fitting instead?

Also, does anyone have the size on the top cap piece for the GVG? The piece with the ceramic diax?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DreadedShaman
#2 Posted : 12/14/2018 4:41:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A glass blower.

It's always nice knowing a glass blower and having a friend that runs a headshot xD.

Noflers
#3 Posted : 12/14/2018 7:57:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, a glass blowing friend would be ideal. However, I do not have one.

What about a health stone bowl piece on the end of that J-hook pipe?

Those bowl pieces come in all shapes and sizes, including chinese clones on certain sites. I'd think another stone to set on top of the spice would be good, but has anyone used flame straight to the spice on a health stone?

I have this cool torch lighter that can be converted into a mini heat gun or soldering iron. That hot air on some spice with a health stone sounds good, right?

jiva
#4 Posted : 12/14/2018 11:17:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i think a health stone would not work as the flame would still touch the dmt

but i have not tried it

DreadedShaman
#5 Posted : 12/14/2018 11:24:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Head to a local headshot that doesn't sell chinaglass, that's usually where to start looking for a blower