We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question about LSD and depression Options

mr311293mr
#1 Posted : 12/14/2018 1:29:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So, basically, I've cured my 2 years of HEAVY depression thanks to LSD. While other legal compounds, like Paroxetine, had very small benefits (on the contrary, in the long term there were greater side effects than positive ones) LSD has done the trick that my brain needed, WITHOUT any side effect.

The question is: I've obtained all this benefits but I am a 24 years young male without any heart/brain problems. I want to know if it could be safe to administer small doses of LSD to cure the depression of my mom, a 63 years old person who had in the past (4 years ago) a light transient ischemic attack. She has greatly recovered from that event and didn't suffered of any ischemic events until today. The only problems she has are high blood pressure due to her age and, of course, depression!

Thanks in advance for your replies, any advice and/or personal experience will be appreciated!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DreadedShaman
#2 Posted : 12/14/2018 1:53:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have always considered bringing psychedelics up to my mom, who also suffers from depression.

But mushrooms, not acid.

And I'm assuming you would talk to your mother about this xD

But imo (having also struggled with mental health and attribute any "recovery" to weed and or psychedelics). Microdoses are much more beneficial to mental health than large "visionary" doses.

I can't say it was all mushrooms, totally could have been mental, but i was giving micro doses of shrooms to a friend for a while, a while back, and he understands medicated himself from the pharmacuticals he was on with no side effect, which he had experienced heavy side effects from trying to week off his med previously.

PsyDuckmonkey
#3 Posted : 12/14/2018 2:06:45 PM

witch

How did you use LSD? In psycholytic (around or less than 10ug) doses, aka "microdosing", in lieu of traditional antidepressant regime, or as one or more high-dose trips as a kind of shock therapy to "snap you out" or give you new perspective?

Psychedelic doses of LSD can definitely be problematic due to the vasoconstriction caused by it... I don't know about psycholytic doses, I hope we have an actual medical doctor here as a fellow Nexian, who can chip in.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

mr311293mr
#4 Posted : 12/14/2018 2:11:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
How did you use LSD? In psycholytic (around or less than 10ug) doses, aka "microdosing", in lieu of traditional antidepressant regime, or as one or more high-dose trips as a kind of shock therapy to "snap you out" or give you new perspective?

Psychedelic doses of LSD can definitely be problematic due to the vasoconstriction caused by it... I don't know about psycholytic doses, I hope we have an actual medical doctor here as a fellow Nexian, who can chip in.

I've done both... Heavy trips at 4-500 ug doses and microdosing. For my mom obviously I don't want her to take such a large dose, but only microdosing at 10-15 ug and maybe sometimes a very light trip dose of 30 ug.

PsyDuckmonkey
#5 Posted : 12/14/2018 2:16:43 PM

witch

mr311293mr wrote:
I've done both... Heavy trips at 4-500 ug doses and microdosing. For my mom obviously I don't want her to take such a large dose, but only microdosing at 10-15 ug and maybe sometimes a very light trip dose of 30 ug.

Let's wait for someone who actually understands heart and circulation health, but I'd say if you try it, keep it to 5ug a day, and no trips.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

Johnsonptd
#6 Posted : 12/14/2018 2:40:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A firefighter once said that before every shift he would juice or cook up some cayenne peppers and make a drink that he would give to heart attack victims. The pepper is so strong at dilating and clearing the arteries that it can save someone having a heart attack. Nicotinic acid, also known as vitamin b3(the flush producing kind), has a very strong dilating effect as well. Takes longer to kick in though for me.

Maybe have something like these on hand if you’re concerned about that side effect and her condition. Ginkgo Bilboa is also a safe option. Good luck man, hope she decides to give it a shot.

mr311293mr
#7 Posted : 12/14/2018 3:05:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Johnsonptd wrote:
A firefighter once said that before every shift he would juice or cook up some cayenne peppers and make a drink that he would give to heart attack victims. The pepper is so strong at dilating and clearing the arteries that it can save someone having a heart attack. Nicotinic acid, also known as vitamin b3(the flush producing kind), has a very strong dilating effect as well. Takes longer to kick in though for me.

Maybe have something like these on hand if you’re concerned about that side effect and her condition. Ginkgo Bilboa is also a safe option. Good luck man, hope she decides to give it a shot.
What do you think is the most effective of them? Can I use any type of pepper? I have to always admisiter one of them before the acid?

DreadedShaman
#8 Posted : 12/14/2018 3:37:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like the idea of having an actual MD chip in on this

Johnsonptd
#9 Posted : 12/14/2018 4:10:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chili peppers and jalapeños will also work just fine. cayenne is more effective because it has higher levels of capsaicin(hotter). Taking before is a good idea. Nicotinic acid has been working wonders on my depression, so there’s another use for that aside from dilating blood vessels.

It may be difficult finding a good source for effective ginkgo. I wouldn’t trust using that alone. I never found one as effective as a tree and picking them myself. Companies can say anything about a supplement they market and sell it to you as something completely different.

I get my B3 from here and haven’t noticed any unpleasant side effects like I do using more popular brands like doctors best.

https://www.amazon.com/C...nized-Dual/dp/B008B2O6S6

mr311293mr
#10 Posted : 12/20/2018 9:02:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, I want to update you about the situation. I tried at first with 30 ug, with this dose she hadn't any psychedelic effect but she also hadn't any kind of benefits. So after a few days I tried with 60 ug, and it worked GREATLY! Big grin With this dose she still didn't notice any tripping effect but finally she was able to staying awake all the day and sleeping in the night, instead of doing the opposite thing like she was doing until now. And the great thing is that seems that she achieved this benefit PERMANENTLY, not only the days she dosed. Now she wake up in the morning early and she is going to bed in the night regularly! She also told me that now she has more energy and she is more happy, the exact same benefits that I experienced myself! Big grin

LSD, if used properly, is the key to help people with depression!!!

DmnStr8
#11 Posted : 12/21/2018 1:57:21 AM

Come what may

LSD and all psychedelics can definitely help. They are teachers.

I would like to caution against words like permanent and pointing to LSD as the cure all for depression. Healing is an ongoing process and takes some work. It doesn't happen overnight. It may feel like it is permanent, depression can rear it's ugly head once again. It certainly can bring about new insights and perceptions creating a catalyst for true healing. I am not trying to discount anything here, just offering a cautionary response. It is my hope that you both find the permanent kind of healing you are seeking.

I wish you and your family the best and am truly happy for you in this moment!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Johnsonptd
#12 Posted : 12/21/2018 3:19:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad to hear it went well.

Some people don’t have a lot of nuts and bolts missing from the noggin and a little Lucy can be just what they need to get back on track. Its taking much more than psywares to put this humpty back together again.

Seconding what DMnsTr8 said, finding something that helps out can be the next thing I obsess over. And I’ll forget that it is a medicine, or tool, like a guiding hand pointing inward...the healing comes from the body itself. awareness of blocked energy, suppressed emotions, my own faulty belief systems, is where I make real progress.

Thanks for sharing, hearing success stories like these is encouraging.

mr311293mr
#13 Posted : 12/21/2018 11:35:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:

I would like to caution against words like permanent and pointing to LSD as the cure all for depression. Healing is an ongoing process and takes some work. It doesn't happen overnight. It may feel like it is permanent, depression can rear it's ugly head once again. It certainly can bring about new insights and perceptions creating a catalyst for true healing. I am not trying to discount anything here, just offering a cautionary response. It is my hope that you both find the permanent kind of healing you are seeking.

I wish you and your family the best and am truly happy for you in this moment!

Thank you! Trust me, I (sadly) know what depression is and that it can take A LOT of time to recover. In fact I want to do a 2 months microdosing cicle for both of us, and check how it goes.

Johnsonptd wrote:
Glad to hear it went well.

Some people don’t have a lot of nuts and bolts missing from the noggin and a little Lucy can be just what they need to get back on track. Its taking much more than psywares to put this humpty back together again.

Seconding what DMnsTr8 said, finding something that helps out can be the next thing I obsess over. And I’ll forget that it is a medicine, or tool, like a guiding hand pointing inward...the healing comes from the body itself. awareness of blocked energy, suppressed emotions, my own faulty belief systems, is where I make real progress.

Thanks for sharing, hearing success stories like these is encouraging.
Thank you! In fact I beneficied from LSD in the same things that you're saying (awareness, energy, emotions and beliefs)!

dragonrider
#14 Posted : 12/21/2018 12:30:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:

I would like to caution against words like permanent and pointing to LSD as the cure all for depression. Healing is an ongoing process and takes some work. It doesn't happen overnight. It may feel like it is permanent, depression can rear it's ugly head once again. It certainly can bring about new insights and perceptions creating a catalyst for true healing.

This most definately is true.

You've got to keep fighting and getting out of your comfortzone. That is what keeps us sane. Especially physical exercise can keep the mind healthy. I don't know what kind of exercise would be safe for your mother, but just taking a long walk everyday can be sufficient.