We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I need help using my mighty vaporizer (storz and bickel). Options

Marcolucid
#1 Posted : 12/11/2018 5:50:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys,
i bought a mighty vaporizer and got it some days ago.
I figured that some of you might have one too and maybe could give me some advise and tips on how to use it properly.
I tried my new mighty vaporizer today and unfortunately ran into some problems while using it.
The first think i realized is that he does not stand on its own, which means that i have to order some kind of stand for him to keep him from falling over and to be able to fill the chamber.
After getting him to stand (by leaning him against something) i placed the liquid pad into the chamber and preheated him to 160 degree celsius.
Now comes the second problem, since filling the chamber of the unstable standing mighty is not as easy as i thought some of the dmt freebase landed in the round dent around the chamber ( next to the blue sealing ring).
Could that impair the function of the mighty?
After the chamber is filled i have to place the cooling unit back on top of the device, which i think causes it to come in contact with some of the freebase crystals that melted outside the chamber.
Could that lead to the two pieces being glued together after a while?
I do not really want to destroy my mighty right after i got it.
Would making changa and placing it on a screen be a better solution with the mighty, or is it okay to use freebase sprinkled on a liquid pad?
How long should i use my liquid pad before i change it with a new one?
How could i remove the melted freebase from my mighty without damaging it?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ducdevil
#2 Posted : 12/11/2018 6:01:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have a Mighty and have used it successfully with changa, but not consistently. it's not very good for freebase. part of the problem with electronic vapes is that some of the spice vaporizes as the element heats up...i have had occasions where i think most of the dose is already vaporized by the time the unit comes up to temp...

use as low a temp as you can, even taking a hit before it comes to full temp, then taking another once it does. i've had amazing breakthroughs with the Mighty, as well as failures. this is what i mean by inconsistent. i don't use it much anymore - i don't like the uncertainty.

by the way, the Mighty does stand up, although tilted. just carefully lean it towards the side of the removable pick that is stored in the bottom of the unit. it's meant to be a "foot" that it can lean on. not super-steady, but it will stand up.

good luck Thumbs up

Marcolucid
#3 Posted : 12/16/2018 8:24:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your reply ducdevil.
It seems that not many people have one, which is a bit unlucky for me at the moment.
I actually only bought the mighty for freebase spice because of the liquid pad and the ability to
be able to set a precise temperature on it, and because i thought that it would be the most foolproof method for me to use.
I would probably also buy the GVG , if it would be available where i live.
The funny thing is that i believe that it was you who called the mighty a changa machine extraordinaire or something like that Smile .
Have you used the mighty with freebase as well?
My plan was to preheat the mighty before i sprinkle the spice on the liquid pad , screw the top back on and start breathing in the vapor.
The first times i tried vaporizing spice that way seemed to produce big clouds of "smoke" which i could have hold if i would have been a bit braver Neutral .
I think it is also possible to order dosing capsules for it, which you can load before and put it in the mighty after it reached the desired temperature.
I can not really see the problem with it vaporizing to soon doing it this way.
But anyway, do you think that i should make changa because it would work better than freebase?
I just hope that it will work out though and does not turn out to be a waste of money.
Maybe a last question, what do you use to vaporize spice or changa now? (and please do not say the GVG Big grin ).