We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
GVG --> Europe = 150 $ ? Options

Brennendes Wasser
#1 Posted : 12/3/2018 5:42:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Ok so if I am correct this is the only website to obtain it (their own):

https://vaporgenie.com/glass-sherlock-vg-vaporizer

And its pricy, I know, everyone talks about this 120 $.

But am I also correct with this:

It is only 120 $ if you order it in USA, otherwise it is ALWAYS + 30 $ shipping - meaning that ANYONE including Europe has to pay 150 $ instead of 120 ?

Second question:

I would still consider buying it, but the thing is it is unsure if it really is worth it without trying it.

Let's say I abandone it after trying my best. Then of course I will need to sell it again and is it very likely that I still will get like 130 $ + at Ebay so I will not have made such a huge money waste as people would only rebuy it for 100 $ or less ?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jees
#2 Posted : 12/3/2018 5:56:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://azarius.net/vapo...rizers/vaporgenie-glass/

but they are out of stock for a while I think, maybe contact them? They carry more VG stuff, so perhaps on backorder.

150 though...
but then this includes the EU import already.

Eu-import you have to pay extra if ordered from America, and to be paid at your postal office or customs. This sum will not be part of the VG order!

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 12/3/2018 6:50:16 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

What Europe needs is a GVG manufacturer - any glass blowers out there?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jagube
#4 Posted : 12/3/2018 7:54:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
It is only 120 $ if you order it in USA, otherwise it is ALWAYS + 30 $ shipping - meaning that ANYONE including Europe has to pay 150 $ instead of 120 ?

The shipping is actually $55, not $30. Total $174 plus duties paid later.

Brennendes Wasser
#5 Posted : 12/3/2018 9:56:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Jagube wrote:
The shipping is actually $55, not $30. Total $174 plus duties paid later.

Holy shit ok this is finally maybe anything but cheap for something which is normally only just above 100 $

I think I would even pay this if I would be SURE that it will be great, but if I need to sell it again at Ebay I think I will definetly not get more than 120 $ (for a used product) what a sad thing.

So everyone talks about the GVG, but does this mean that EVERYONE lives in USA / Canada or are there really people that bought it for all the money?

Jees
#6 Posted : 12/4/2018 2:32:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube
#7 Posted : 12/4/2018 2:53:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Got my GVG today, with the fees it ended up costing $217.

Brennendes Wasser
#8 Posted : 12/4/2018 9:26:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Jagube wrote:
Got my GVG today, with the fees it ended up costing $217.

Oh thats much ... but then I hope you will have some fun with it ;D

YES I am indeed building it now ....

But you need to heeeelllppp meee!

It's for the building of the smoking chamber ...

How do I exactly order the things in it, because it is not mentioned or shown in the thread (just 1 user has pics from above but thats not 100%ly clear still)

is it this way like I imagine it (?):

Brennendes Wasser attached the following image(s):
asdasd.png (1,198kb) downloaded 289 time(s).

jiva
#9 Posted : 12/4/2018 10:52:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have never done this build, but with the GVG the ceramic filter goes into the top part.
so in your graphic it should be on top of the "top"
it does not touch the spice!

DeeMenTalist
#10 Posted : 12/5/2018 4:53:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I got mine from these guys - https://www.wickiepipes....glass-sherlock-vaporizer They have cheaper shipping option and it costed me in total $134.

Brennendes Wasser
#11 Posted : 12/5/2018 7:35:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

BlazingSatva wrote:
I got mine from these guys - https://www.wickiepipes....glass-sherlock-vaporizer They have cheaper shipping option and it costed me in total $134.

Wow thats a very huge difference ... maybe I could also consider that, but building the Buddha now definetly!

Quote:
i have never done this build, but with the GVG the ceramic filter goes into the top part.
so in your graphic it should be on top of the "top"
it does not touch the spice!

Ok I changed the picture to the one from the *Green Buddha* thread page 2. Did I get correctly how this one was assembled?

No Numbers now anymore, but its self explaining

THXXX

Intezam
#12 Posted : 12/7/2018 7:04:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, we think we understand now why you think there is a 2nd steel wire pad.
In the original picture on the to top left (small) pic, you look into the chamber with the top 18 to 14mm reducer removed. You think it was not removed and there is a 2nd steel wire pad on top? Nope. Thats not the case

The middle left picture shows the chamber with the reducer top inserted, that shadow is the ceramic disc, then in the chamber, there is some chore boy (to raise) and then some stacked sieves.Why those sieves? Dunno...it works better with those sieves in place...they make the hot air flow slower. Then on top of the sieves is the pre-loaded steel wire pad. (we cut and hammered it to size and ruined a pair of scissors in the process)

Then the third bottom left pic is from above with the reducer inserted...also try read the other post we made

endlessness
#13 Posted : 12/7/2018 7:59:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:

is it this way like I imagine it (?):

No.. On the very top, the removable piece, there is a ceramic filter, not a liquid pad. It is on the "body" that there can be a liquid pad. In any case Gibran2 says also using a ceramic filter on the bottom works well, but I never used, I use just the liquid pad on the body, where I load the DMT, and then put the top above it with the ceramic filter. That way it works great.

Brennendes Wasser
#14 Posted : 12/7/2018 10:34:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Thanks!

Yes now it is finally clear .... cool!

Just 1 last thing ... I have sought every stuff for this, but I am having trouble with the Ceramic Pad.

Here in Europe there is no option to buy one. Now Intezam suggested this this.

Would this be safe to use? Because it is that cheap and from China, I hope I wont have to make health concerns :S
Also can I be sure that the porosity is exactly the same? I guess not because this would be a giant random event. A porosity just half as big will result in a much worse heat flow or no real heat flow at all through that device, wouldnt it?

Otherwise I may use something like this (Picture in Signature).

The second one from the picture looks okay, BUT it is 7 cm long and I will only use a very tiny amount (about 1,5 cm length). Therefore the porosity is extremely increased compared to the whole size (I guess you know how I mean) and this will definetly NOT look like the original ceramic pad ... and will therefore the *Filter properties* for the flame should be much worse I guess :S Would you agree?

Lastly Vapor Genie sells Ceramic pads which are of course already perfect for this. But I emailed them and they only give them to former GVG owners ... that means its also not an option to tell them *Hi I wanna buy a GVG along with a new pad* to get the link and then only buy the Ceramic thing - like it was mentioned by another member somewhere here : //

porΓΆs.png (288kb) downloaded 261 time(s).

Intezam
#15 Posted : 12/8/2018 1:40:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh, you want original GVG stone and made in Germany?
Let yours truly finally lift the veil.
This is what we need:
get a drill bit* accord. to (y)our desired size (think inner diameter)
https://www.ebay.de/itm/302975296214
sulphur pumice (made in Germany)
https://www.ebay.de/itm/232120153118
or this
https://www.ebay.de/itm/163134627756
they are about 2cm thickness, but perhaps the company offers thinner slices?
then cut oof a slice and then drill out (y)our secret science trade secrecy health stones.
After you are done, tell ppl its a German high tech ceramics .....Wink

*needs a power drill

disclaimer: soorry GVG company, but you too are now enemiiiiiies of the Yemen ppl, thx for understanding

Brennendes Wasser
#16 Posted : 12/8/2018 5:39:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Wow Ok interesting, thx for research ...

I indeed may have a Diamont Cutter like you mentioned.

But what is that material ? I mean *Sulfur Pumice* does not sound like Ceramic Oô

Otherwise its quite porous thats true ...

But now I have another thing ... I did some research and I found THIS.

= Volcano Air Filters

obviously for the Volcano Vaporizer, but I dont know if it is also ceramic then:

(damn there should be a picture above, why does the [img ][/img ] function not work? I will attach it to the bottom ...)

Could also be just porous plastic, if it shall just filter the air and has nothing to do with flames?

I contacted every seller I found and asked this question, but as its saturday, guess I'll have to wait for an answer.

What would you say? Must this be made out of ceramic?

If so then I think I got a REAL ceramic vaporizer filter which could be adjusted to the size =)

(The filter was said to be like 2+ cm and I need like 1,5 cm maybe)
volcano-air-filter-set.jpg (33kb) downloaded 233 time(s).

Intezam
#17 Posted : 12/8/2018 6:08:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

*sulphur* pumice is a kind of natural obsidian foam, found near unnatural volcano sites. Try find the open maze, foamy glossy stuff. The reason all these small companies call their stuff volcano this volcano that..... is (most likely) this. They have no team of highly trained monkeys devoloping newest high tech ceramics for them......trust we.Razz (jk)

disclaimer:
soorry GVG company, but you too are now enemiiiiiies of the Yemen ppl, thx for understanding

Brennendes Wasser
#18 Posted : 12/9/2018 3:20:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Ok I may try this, BUT as this sulfur pumice is sulfur pumice and not CERAMIC wont this have a big impact on the whole process?

I mean even if the porosity is high enough to let the heat through the pad and low enough that the flame does not touch the material underneath, then the material will have different characteristics when heaten up and I guess then it wont work the same way (?)

So ceramic can be made pretty hot and it starts glowing (I read that this is how you use if for the GVG). Then you increase the distance flame-ceramic and start inhaling.

But with this pumice I really doubt that you can heat it up that it starts glowing, as it is a Stone and not Ceramic Oô

Intezam
#19 Posted : 12/9/2018 4:35:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

people get their mind fixed on something, even tho they dont really desperately need it, but then they act like their life depends on it because they see otheres have it, in reality you don't need a stone or ceramic to make this work. Even tho we admit - it's nice if you have it. But there is a weird phallic aspect to this. If you don't find the ceramic stone you can just stuff some purified pot scrubber into the reducer and that will work too.

BTW. you are not supposed to hold the jet flame directly onto the stone, if your stone glows bright red then you are doing it wrong. Direct the tip of the jet flame near above the stone...you just want hot air...nothing that burns

gibran2
#20 Posted : 12/9/2018 5:21:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Intezam wrote:
people get their mind fixed on something, even tho they dont really desperately need it, but then they act like their life depends on it because they see otheres have it, in reality you don't need a stone or ceramic to make this work. Even tho we admit its nice if you have it. But there is a weird phallic aspect to this. If you don't find the ceramic stone you can just stuff some purified pot scrubber into the reducer and that will work too.

The GVG is a tool that happens to work really well for vaporizing DMT, but there are certainly many acceptable alternatives. My impression is that most users of the GVG understand this, and they like it because it works well, not because of its appearance or psychological attachments.

I believe the GVG ceramic disc is made of silicon carbide, and is therefore very stable even at very high temperatures. Some other materials may not be as stable. Also, the GVG disc has an open cell structure. Materials with a closed cell structure are not necessarily appropriate for use, since air does not easily flow through them.

Intezam wrote:
BTW. you are not supposed to hold the jet flame directly onto the stone, if your stone glows bright red then you are doing it wrong. Direct the tip of the jet flame near above the stone...you just want hot air...nothing that burns

Vapor Genie recommends that the flame not touch the ceramic disc when using a conventional lighter due to the possibility of carbon/soot accumulating and clogging the pores. When using a jet lighter, there is no carbon/soot produced, so the flame can come into contact with the ceramic disc. In fact, I get best results when the flame is in contact with the disc and it begins to glow. By raising and lowering the lighter, optimum temperature can be achieved from moment to moment.

gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

12NEXT