We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nausea after smoking Options

w0mbat
#1 Posted : 11/24/2009 6:37:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it normal to get nauseous after vaporizing DMT?

It's normal for the vapors to taste kinda like plastic, right?
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 11/24/2009 6:39:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I never get nausea.

Yeah you could say that about the smell. Although to me plastic is tastless until you burn it and then... I never sniffed that hard Smile

endlessness
#3 Posted : 11/24/2009 7:03:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

never got nausea smoking... it smells peculiar, yeah, but somehow not bad imo.... but if you have solvent traces it will smell worse... make sure its properly dry (you can redissolve in alcohol and let evap to make sure there are no solvent remains)

or maybe as soulfood said, you could be burning your spice, go easy on the lighter

anyways try some changa in vaporgenie, the taste is just SOOOO much better Smile

69ron
#4 Posted : 11/24/2009 7:47:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some people always get nausea from smoking DMT. You might try a few Datura inoxia or Datura stramonium seeds to counteract it. If the nausea is from motion sickness caused by the visual effects (also known as “cyber sickness”) then Datura inoxia would help. If it’s caused by the stomach being overly stimulated (not likely because it’s not taken orally) then Datura stramonium would help. No more than 2-5 seeds should be used.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

d*l*b
#5 Posted : 11/24/2009 7:57:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think nausea is quite common.

My friend recently threw up after taking just one toke from 50mg loaded in a water pipe. I've been sick several times, and apart from once in combination with alcohol, it's always been with lower doses.

Being sick in hyperspace can be quite difficult to get your head round it seems Smile My friend mentioned earlier didn't even understand what the bin was when we tried to get her to direct her vomit in it! She pushed it away and threw up on herself and my bed instead! She didn't even realise she'd done it afterward. Attention was apparently consumed elsewhere on more important things.
D × V × F > R

jacetea
#6 Posted : 11/24/2009 9:44:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I feel pretty woozy after higher doses. It usually only lasts for a few minutes after I open my eyes. I think it's ok, I mean, your brain is being sent through a black-hole and back afterall Razz
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

gammagore
#7 Posted : 11/24/2009 10:20:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive been sick after blasting off a few times, never had any problem with it, but there should be some reason behing you feeling like this

Yes you might be burning yor spice, but ive gotten sick even on changa, so I ruled that one out. What I did notice after pondering the thought a while, was that the OEV's were bringing on the feeling.

My advise is to keep your eyes closed, and, make sure you not lying down, just incase you do hurl one.

w0mbat
#8 Posted : 11/25/2009 3:22:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Actually I did use changa, in the VG no less. I don't think I torched it too bad - I made quite a bit of vapor, but when I looked at the bowl afterwards the leaves were still green!

I should have added that the nausea really didn't get bad until about an hour later, after I had vaporized some MJ. At that point, just the thought of that plasticy taste made my stomach twist in knots.

benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

Felnik
#9 Posted : 11/25/2009 4:21:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sometimes a really strong dose will make me nauseous but it always passes in a minute or so. Eating a little bit of food in between hits seems to help. simple stuff like raisons or nuts.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208