We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Aminita Muscaria Prep/tek? Options

MachienDome
#1 Posted : 12/7/2018 10:03:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I seem to only find conflicting info and nothing in the wiki about Aminita Muscaria and would like to get some of the more experienced members' opinions and obviusly as well as those who have actually tried them before.

I have 1oz dried Muscarias caps and would like to experience them as safely as possible. I'm fully aware that it may be a less-than-plesant experience but would like to minimize as much as possible while still experiencing the psychedelic aspect of it.

There is conflicting posts about heat-drying and boiling in water to convert the "bad" chemicals, does anyone have any clarity on this subject? ...maybe even a quick tek?
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

null24
#2 Posted : 12/8/2018 8:18:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

The reason you're seeing this "conflicting info" is because the conversion can happen with either method-or so they say. Perhaps the wiki is written unclearly, i haven't read it, it wouldn't be unheard of.

I can't give any info beyond that, nor condone or castigate using AM, although I'd say be very careful and know what you're doing and getting into.

Good luck.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

MachienDome
#3 Posted : 12/10/2018 9:34:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, I will be careful, the bad effects seem like those of ayahuasca for the most part. There arent any teks in the wiki, just some on the forums from a while ago but the thread seems to drop off or stray into unrelated talk. A few people have said they have done them quite regularly.

I'm wondering if the drying is enough or if heat should also be used. I am also wondering what, if anything, else needs to be done in prep since I enjoy the taste of all types of mushrooms. I saw a thread about Grape Juice tek and a few others but nothing specific, so I thought I'd ask here first instead of looking elsewhere.

Quetzal7
#4 Posted : 12/10/2018 5:49:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm about to try them too
I got some info from different people using them "regularly"
I used the aging technique to transform the ibotenic acid into muscarine. I got some harvested last year so that's good Smile
People experience a sleepy phase (we recomended me to have a sitter, in case someone purge in the sleep) with a really trippy dream state, following by a phase of extra energy.

I'm still confused about the dosage, if anybody can share recomendations ?

MachienDome
#5 Posted : 1/4/2019 12:27:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump. Hoping someone here has some experiences with A. Muscaria, its so hard to find good advise on this subject and would prefer first-hand knowledge.

DreadedShaman
#6 Posted : 1/4/2019 1:06:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I became interested in AM after they started coming up all over town last fall. Will definitely be playing with them when they come up again.

I've read that either boiling, or drying till it's crispy whether it's air, sun, or heat dried.

The ones I picked last fall dried wonderfully sitting on napkins on top or my homes radiators.

As for dosing, I've read that dry weight wise, the dosage was upwards of five grams? I may be wrong about that..
But anyways I would start small.. a gram... Maybe two... And work up from there since potency could vary pretty greatly as with most things in nature.

Edit: I had intended to include this, tek wise... My plan for trying them is to dry first with my above method, or in the oven if we haven't fired up the boiler yet, and then boil them in water for a good while, strain and drink the water.

Otherwise I would powder them and fill gel caps with the powder. Ime with cubies this helps to eliminate nausea, especially on the come up.

Johnsonptd
#7 Posted : 1/4/2019 2:35:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, I have prepared amanita by heating 5 crushed grams dried in water at 180-190 for 15minutes and then drinking. Got really drunk and nauseaous. Probably didn’t heat long enough. The other method I tried was mixing the crushed up caps into honey and letting that sit for a month. Took about a gram or two of that and it was uplifting without any nausea or drunkenness. Use enough honey to get it all covered, not much more. I would put it all in the honey because it will help preserve the psychoactive compounds, unless you are planning to try one of ambrosia society’s teks. Then I would keep some dry for that

theAlkēmist
#8 Posted : 3/9/2019 1:11:41 PM

Alchemist

Simply drying, heating, or boiling the mushrooms will not decarboxylate ibotenic acid to muscimol, this is misconception and why amanita muscaria has a bad rap, it’s quite beautiful. The solubility of ibotenic acid in cold water is very insoluble at 1mg/mL, muscimol on the other hand is very soluble in water. But I guess in a cold water tek this would be difficult to control with raw material. Although I recommend sunlight exposure for 7 days as UV decarboxylates both ibotenic acid and muscimol. Read my post here https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=85023.

I’ve had nausea free mystical experiences at 15g dried and gonna try 20g next time.
“The art of alchemy is like a psycho-spiritual multi-vitamin and mineral elixir secreted by the cosmic mind to help heal the collective madness that has infected our world.”

“If the prima materia contains poison, then the more virulent the poison, the more powerful are its potential healing qualities. Accomplished alchemists are able to transmute the poison into a healing nectar.“

null24
#9 Posted : 3/10/2019 2:47:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thanks.
Quote:
Hoping someone here has some experiences with A. Muscaria, its so hard to find good advise on this subject...

Quote:
...5 crushed grams dried in water at 180-190...

Laughing
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

theAlkēmist
#10 Posted : 3/10/2019 9:53:22 AM

Alchemist

null24 wrote:
Thanks.
Quote:
Hoping someone here has some experiences with A. Muscaria, its so hard to find good advise on this subject...

Quote:
...5 crushed grams dried in water at 180-190...

Laughing

Lol maybe it’s Fahrenheit
“The art of alchemy is like a psycho-spiritual multi-vitamin and mineral elixir secreted by the cosmic mind to help heal the collective madness that has infected our world.”

“If the prima materia contains poison, then the more virulent the poison, the more powerful are its potential healing qualities. Accomplished alchemists are able to transmute the poison into a healing nectar.“

Triglav
#11 Posted : 3/10/2019 11:08:55 AM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

I prepared my A. muscaria by first removing the white gills with a knife and then cutting the caps to smaller pieces. These pieces were then dried at 40 degrees celsium in a food dehydrator. After they were cracker dry I stored them in a glass jar with a dessicant. At this stage - the mushroom is not yet ready for consumption - I left them "cure" in the jar for minimum 3 months (I think at least 6 months or is needed for very good resutls). The idea here is that the process of ibotenic acid transforming into muscimol is slowly taking place.

In the process of curing the mushroom you can open the jar once a week and experiment with the smell mushrooms give. If you are observant enough you will notice the odour changing in time. Right now I can determine by smell when the mushrooms are "ripe" so to speak, the aroma is indeed noticebally different. After this I crushed the pieces with a mortar and pestle into a fine powder.

It's true however that I have only experimented with microdoses of A. muscaria. I have had only very good experiences so far with it. I've taken the powder orally in capsules or with a tea spoon and water. I will try a bigger dose sometime soon I hope, and will report the effects and more importantly how much the unwanted side effetcs are present with this method.

Hotspur922
#12 Posted : 3/11/2019 4:22:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

theAlkēmist wrote:
Simply drying, heating, or boiling the mushrooms will not decarboxylate ibotenic acid to muscimol, this is misconception and why amanita muscaria has a bad rap, it’s quite beautiful. The solubility of ibotenic acid in cold water is very insoluble at 1mg/mL, muscimol on the other hand is very soluble in water. But I guess in a cold water tek this would be difficult to control with raw material. Although I recommend sunlight exposure for 7 days as UV decarboxylates both ibotenic acid and muscimol. Read my post here https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=85023.

I’ve had nausea free mystical experiences at 15g dried and gonna try 20g next time.

my sister found some in her backyard in upstate NY months ago, she put a moisture absorbing pack in there and freezed them in the freezer...

prob 5 grams when dried... maybe more..

when I defrost them should I let them sit in the sun for 3 to 7 days?

she froze them the day she picked them....

Aum_Shanti
#13 Posted : 4/28/2019 9:22:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

theAlkēmist wrote:

Unfortunatetely link doesn't work. Maybe you could update it?

As I just had an amanita experience last night, I did some research this morning, and found a patent from 2014 for several conversion teks of ibotenic acid into muscimol without destroying the muscimol like UV-teks. Has this already been somewhere handled? As otherwise I will make a new thread in the mushroom topics with this tek for discussion.

E.g. one of them uses lactobacillus bacteria for the conversion. I find this highly interesting as the old northern preparation was putting it in beer. So maybe the original key would be, to put it into the beer still in the fermenting process.

Edit: Didn't find the patent, so I just opened a new thread about it.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Legarto Rey
#14 Posted : 4/28/2019 8:24:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well dried caps. 15g gently refluxed(simmerd below boil), @one hour. Consume tea and flesh. Nap for @90min. Wake up and feel really ???? Not toxic, but not tryptaminic!!!!!!

Peace

RhythmSpring
#15 Posted : 4/28/2019 10:46:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dried:
Step 1: Put it in your mouth
Step 2: Move your jaw up and down so that teeth grind together, using the tongue to re-consolidate the matter and push it back to in between the teeth.
Step 3: Swallow
(Drying decarboxylates it)

Fresh:
Step 1: Ponder the toxicity and power of ibotenic acid. Is it worth it? Yes: See above. No: See below:
Step 2: Dry it.
Step 3: See above.

Please don't make this more complicated than this has to be, people. It's yummy.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Brennendes Wasser
#16 Posted : 4/29/2019 1:16:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Aum_Shanti wrote:
theAlkēmist wrote:

Unfortunatetely link doesn't work. Maybe you could update it?

here is it ;D.

I did this link like this:

In the text editor click on the earth icon, then you get 1 window to insert the link, press enter and then in the 2nd window ther the text for your displayed words. In my case it was:

[url=https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=980115&]here is it[/url] ;D.

Aum_Shanti
#17 Posted : 4/29/2019 8:30:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:

You just brightened up my day, thanks a lot. You are a truly funny and happy soul.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

AliRadicali
#18 Posted : 11/21/2020 3:27:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My understanding is that drying at about 75 degrees celsius, curing the dried mushrooms for 3-6 months, letting the tea simmer below boiling temp and adding lemon juice all help to convert some amount of Ibotenic Acid into Muscimol. I would definitely recommend all of the above to get the best possible MUS/IBO ratio, otherwise nausea can be a big component of the trip.

Also, from my own experience as well as what I've heard, the first time is usually a pretty crappy experience no matter how well you prepare your stuff. It'll make you feel sick and/or knock you out, but subsequent trips can be a lot better.

rOm
#19 Posted : 11/22/2020 10:34:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I imagine that your oz of amannita is dried ? so it is already safe to consume as is.
General copnscencus is to avoid consuming fresh.
However a subsequent brew at low pH ( add citric acid to lower it to 3 or 4 ) and about 80°c brew for an hour will likely convert more and make a good tea.
ALso whern first timer, and trying a new batch in general, it is wise to start low, maybe try out ont to 2 grams dried mushrooms first.
Possible you won't feel it at this dosage but some people are already feeling it well at 5 gr.
If people get fresh mushrooms, it is what requires more preparation, either brew it or dry and cure well, but you can also soak in vodka the dry mushrooms at it is both soluble in water and ethanol.
if you were to extract it you could also extract with methanol, if you have a shoxlet for exemple, sox it with methanol. then evap the resulting liquid extract to some crude extract.
But as a start trying out acid brew at around 80°c is simple but effective enough.
Otherwise you may eat it, some make soups with it etc.. It can synergize well with cannabis, psilocybin mushrooms, LSD or mescaline ... but this is for more advanced muscimol user. Cause the synergy can make the experience very immersive, and thus more challenging. As challenging as a full blow ayahuasca or pharmahuasca breakthrough ...
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Lysergik
#20 Posted : 9/28/2022 6:48:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello to you all,

I'm experimenting with A. Muscaria at the moment. So far, I've only tried tea made from 2,5g of dried and powedered mushrooms. They were crisp dried in a dehydrator @ 45°C then additionaly heated @ 120°C in a oven for 1 hour then boiled in water with a bit of lemon juice for 20 min. I plan to up the dosage slowly to see if this can make a nice 'mellowing' evening tea.

The effects were not pronounced and may have been placebo. It was especially hard to tell since I've used a little bit of cannabis at the same time. I felt some heavyness and a slight loss of balance and maybe some mood uplifting. Before sleep, with eyes closed my visual field seems to have more deepness than usual.

Anyway, I've found this paper and thought that it may be of some interest for others. Apparently the heating is not really mandatory for the decarboxylation process :
Quote:
In biological tests, muscimol is at least 5 times more active than ibotenic acid [ 30] . There results the interesting case where a simple chemical reaction (decarboxylation), which can occur during storage, in process, or in the body itself, renders a compound that is considerably more potent than the original form.

I'd love about more about other's method of preparation !

12NEXT