We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Just bought a Kindle, throw your best book recommendations at me. Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 12/4/2018 5:01:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiya,

I just got a brand new Kindle Paperwhite 2018 and I want to stuff it with some awesome reads. To give you an idea of what I'm looking for, I'll mention Terence McKenna's "True Hallucinations" and Rick Strassman's "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" for example. I also know Aldous Huxley and Alan Watts have some awesome works that revolve around the mystical, spiritual and overall unknown field that are holotropic states of consciousness induced by entheogens, so that's what I'm looking for.

Any and all recommendations, as well as shared works are very much appreciated. From what I've noticed PDF is good to read on the Kindle, but if there's too much text on a single page I have to zoom in, as the text doesn't adjust according to the screen. It appears that the latter only happens with the native Kindle ebook formats like AZW, EPUB or KPF.

Any Kindle experts out there that can share some tricks with me - thanks! Thumbs up
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

grollum
#2 Posted : 12/4/2018 9:41:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also own a kindle but so far didn't like the performance of the most pdf's on it. I tried to convert some pdf's to AZW with the great tool Calibre. With some books it works quite well with others not so well.

I read today somewhere that if you read more than 40 books on the kindle instead as real paper books it is better for the climate than reading real books.

FranLover
#3 Posted : 12/4/2018 11:06:18 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Think On These Things by Krishnamurti
Born To Win: Transactional Analysis with Gestalt Experiments by Muriel James and...etc.
Scripts People Live by Claude Steiner.

Honorable mentions;

The Memoirs of Casanova by Giacomo Casanova (7/8 volumes, very long, but illuminating as only this book can be, completley unique and full of love.)
The History of Warfare by John Keegan (Why do humans kill eachother?)
Blood Rites by Barbara Ehre... (hard last name.)
Four Past Midnight by Stephen King, in particular the novellete The Sun Dog and the novellete Secret Window.
Murder Machine by Gene Mustein (impossible to put down.)
Green River, Running Red, by Ann Rule.

I consider all these spiritual readings, as they all iluminate key points of the human experience.

Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 12/5/2018 4:02:49 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Being that you are on the DMT Nexus, you should absolutely consider Mystery School in Hyperspace required reading, best book on DMT period.

I'll also throw out Return to the Brain of Eden. Absolutely fascinating book giving some intriguing insights into our history and neural development.

+1 for Calibre, great for indexing, managing, and converting books. I generally like epub format for most books as it seems give the best display and cross platform compatibility.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jiva
#5 Posted : 12/5/2018 4:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

+1 for calibre: you can use it to convert PDFs to mobi so you do not have to zoom in

Nydex
#6 Posted : 12/5/2018 4:26:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

dreamer I struggle to find the two books you recommended in any free format, only paid ones. I really would love to dodge the paying, as my financial situation doesn't really allow it.

If anyone has those two books in any free format, I'd love if you shared them!

I wish the $1,000+ value of my Steam account could be morphed into money for books... Big grin
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 12/5/2018 5:51:32 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Return to the Brain of Eden is available for free under it's original title here: Left in the Dark. Also attached to the post for posterity.

I'll remind everyone that this site can be taken down for copyright infringement so please avoid sharing copyrighted materials or pirate links on the open forum (academic journal articles are okay).

If you like these books, please support the time and effort the authors put into writing them and actually buy them. They make great holiday gifts for your open minded friends and family. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jiva
#8 Posted : 12/5/2018 6:29:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this might be something for you:

http://psychonautdocs.com/

Nydex
#9 Posted : 12/5/2018 7:40:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Return to the Brain of Eden is available for free under it's original title here: Left in the Dark. Also attached to the post for posterity.

I'll remind everyone that this site can be taken down for copyright infringement so please avoid sharing copyrighted materials or pirate links on the open forum (academic journal articles are okay).

If you like these books, please support the time and effort the authors put into writing them and actually buy them. They make great holiday gifts for your open minded friends and family. Thumbs up

Oh wow, I had a sneaking suspicion about Left in the Dark, but now it all makes sense. I already have that one haha. Thanks a lot, and I'll keep your last note in mind.

jiva wrote:
this might be something for you:

http://psychonautdocs.com/

Bless you man!!! Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN