We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
[LITERATURE] Options

AltrusianGrace
#21 Posted : 3/1/2016 10:00:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I was wondering if someone has the transcript for Terence McKennas talk at the 1993 UFO Expo? Thanks in advance!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Godsmacker
#22 Posted : 7/23/2016 9:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This would be a gr8 resource for the more reckless/intelligent members amongst us who would like to get a few more hours out of their journeys....
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Praxis.
#23 Posted : 9/21/2016 6:05:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Revitalization of Yaje Shamanism among the Siona: Strategies of Survival in Historical Context--Esther Langdon

Quote:
After almost a complete extinction of Siona shamans and their rituals in the second half of the 20th century, yaje performances have reemerged in recent decades among this Western Tukanoan group of Colombia’s northwest Amazon Basin. The revitalization of yaje rituals among the Siona is part of a larger process throughout Latin America in which shamanism has come to be associated with ecological preservation, traditional medicine, ethnic identity, and community well-being (Conklin 2002; Ulloa 2005). In the lowland region of Putumayo State in Colombia, shamanic yaje rituals play a central role in the complex field of negotiations between indigenous communities, the state, nongovernmental organizations, extractive industries, and the diverse armed groups (paramilitaries, drug traffickers, military, and guerrillas)(Carrizosa 2015). In addition, Siona taitas, the current designation for low-land ayahuasca shamans, currently receive important recognition for their participation in contemporary shamanic networks in the Colombian high-lands as well as in several countries in the Americas and Europe (Caicedo Fernandez 2013).

This article outlines three historical periods of yaje use among the Siona: (1) the colonial period in which the shamanic role transformed into that of the powerful cacique curaca despite repression; (2) the first half of the 20thcentury that resulted in near extermination of shamans and yaje rituals; and (3) the revitalization of shamanism and reincorporation of the shaman and yaje rituals into the political process. It examines the factors that have contributed to the current revitalization, arguing that, unlike vegetalismo in Peru(Gow 1994) or the folk healing (curanderismo) system in Colombian popular culture (Taussig 1980), current Siona yaje shamanism has deep roots in their autochthonous practices and strategies to resist colonial control, although contemporary practices also reflect the discourse, aesthetics, expectations,and demands of the larger society that have arisen in the last 30 years
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

Praxis.
#24 Posted : 11/8/2016 10:55:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These are some great resources normally not available for free that were generously shared with me. They're all from the 2016 special edition of the journal Anthropology of Consciousness

Files in the following order:

The Globalization of Ayahuasca Shamanism and the Erasure of Indigenous Shamanism

Ayahuasca and Sumak Kawsay: Challenges to the Implementation of the Principle of “Buen Vivir,” Religious Freedom, and Cultural Heritage Protection

Ayahuasca Treatment Center Safety for the Western Seeker

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...

Nereus
#25 Posted : 11/16/2016 10:24:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

buddhabelly wrote:
"Inner Paths to Outer Space" http://www.rickstrassman...&id=53&Itemid=55

Quote:
Abstract
The basic message in the book, ”Inner paths to outer space: Journeys to Alien Worlds through
Psychedelics and Other Spiritual Technics”, written by Rick Strassman et al, is that psychedelics
might make possible instantaneous remote communications with distant parts of the Universe. The
objection would be that light velocity sets stringent limits on classical communications. In TGD
framework this argument does not apply. In this article a model for remote mental interactions
is constructed using basic notions of TGD inspired quantum biology such as magnetic body, dark
photons and Zero Energy Ontology.
Further, both psychedelics and DNA contain aromatic rings. Each base-pair would contain
1+2+1+1=5 (two rings from sugars) aromatic rings and longer DNA sequences would define larger
conscious entities. Of course, all proteins contain these aromatic rings possibly integrating by flux
tube connections to larger conscious entities. In this picture it would not be surprising of the basic
information molecules would also involve aromatic rings.

Why Information Molecules Containing Aromatic Rings Should Be so
Important? Article by Matti Pitkanen

Hope I am not double posting this one. If so, please excuse me. I figured this was an interesting one and worth sharing.

Praxis.
#26 Posted : 11/27/2016 4:56:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bwiti: An Ethnography of the Religious Imagination in Africa by James W. Fernandez

A physical copy of this book goes for a few hundred dollars on Amazon, this was a lucky find!

ijahdan
#27 Posted : 3/8/2017 11:05:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.psychedelic-library.org/lsdmenu.htm

Some good psychedelic articles on this site.

Nydex
#28 Posted : 12/3/2018 5:05:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's another very interesting book that I'm in the beginning of. People like Dennis McKenna and Stanislav Grof praised it and described the theories presented therein as very promising and interesting.

Title - Left in the Dark
Authors - Graham Gynn, Tony Wright
Publisher - Kaleidos Press, 2008
ISBN - 0955678404, 9780955678400
Length - 203 pages
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Praxis.
#29 Posted : 4/21/2020 1:46:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another Nexian recently introduced me to Crime Pays but Botany Doesn't, a great channel on youtube for anyone interested in plant science. It's pretty cool watching this guy name and talk about so many plants off the top of his head. If you have any interest in learning how to identify plants or just in botany/ecology in general, he's got a small library of free pdf's with all the books he taught himself with. There's a few texts in there specifically about psychedelic plants and ethnobotany as well.

Tony Santoro's School of Biological Sciences

Happy 420 Smile

Deltah
#30 Posted : 5/14/2021 8:13:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Roger Zelazny / Lord of Light / ..
Howard Phillips Lovecraft / Through the gates of the Silver Key / ...
Ian MacDonald / rock, scissors, paper ....

Freedom111888
#31 Posted : 6/25/2021 2:30:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Praxis. wrote:
Another Nexian recently introduced me to Crime Pays but Botany Doesn't, a great channel on youtube for anyone interested in plant science. It's pretty cool watching this guy name and talk about so many plants off the top of his head. If you have any interest in learning how to identify plants or just in botany/ecology in general, he's got a small library of free pdf's with all the books he taught himself with. There's a few texts in there specifically about psychedelic plants and ethnobotany as well.

Tony Santoro's School of Biological Sciences

Happy 420 Smile

This video in particular was wonderful: https://youtu.be/35qF2hEefXg

A brilliant social commentary mixed with botany in a dystopian urban landscape.

PREV12