We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New method for smoking. Options

JovialEel
#1 Posted : 3/3/2008 3:19:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was thinking about DMT which clearly isn't illegal when I came up with a possible new method to smoke it. Discussing this also clearly isn't illegal. I have not heard of anybody testing this method out and I CERTAINLY never would if you get my drift. But here it goes.

Take a sheet of tinfoil. Get a clear plastic water bottle and cut it in half. Make sure the cut edge is as level as it can be. Take the half of the water bottle that has the lid on it and keep it, you can discard the other half. Sprinkle some spice on the tinfoil and place the cut in half water bottle over it with the cap off. Cover the lid with your hand and begin to heat the spice from under the foil with your lighter. The spice will begin vaporizing, all of which will be contained in the water bottle. keep the heat on the bottom the whole time to ensure the spice stays vaporized. when all (or what you percieve to be all) the spice is evaporated take your hand off the lid and lift the water bottle up ever so slightly (a millimeter or so) and in one big inhalation suck all the dmt in through the lid hole.

Once again neither myself or anyone else has tested this technique out to my knowledge but it sounds like a very cheap reliable and economical (material and spice-wise) way to do this thing we love so much.

SWIM's hypothesis on DMT: It's not about how much DMT you can get in your system, it's about how much DMT you can get in your system in as little time as possible. DMT metabolizes in the body very quickly. So with the traditional glass pipe/machine method, as you are pulling on the device, the inhaled DMT is being metabolized almost as quickly as it goes in. With this method you get a HUGE blast of vaporized DMT in one strong breath. If someone tries this out before I do I hope they will post here what happened.

Good luck and be safe all.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

JovialEel
#2 Posted : 3/3/2008 4:26:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

BTW if somebody could give me some feedback on this method I would be greatly appreciative.

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 3/3/2008 4:31:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

JovialEel wrote:
BTW if somebody could give me some feedback on this method I would be greatly appreciative.

I've been told to avoid smoking off aluminum foil, and plastic in a smoking device is a no-no in my book. I'd recommend a bit of slightly concave glass instead of the foil, and a glass bottle with the bottom broken off (Sobe-style) instead of the plastic.

On the other hand, SWIM just uses a good old-fashioned crackpipe.

WSaged
#4 Posted : 3/3/2008 7:17:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunetly you'll lose most of the vapor while trying to get it to go into the plastic lid. There is already oxygen inside the lid, when you heat the DMT most of it's vapor will be forced to go out the sides. You'll need to create some kind of vacume or displacement to remove the oxygen & allow the vapor to take its place.

Crack heads have been doing this for years, its called a foily. They just inhale while heating the bottom, helps to have someone else light it for you.
That messes up your desire to get it all in one hit though.

Entropymancer is right about avoiding heating foil or plastic when vaporising anything!!! They both have chemicals in them that you'll be inhaling with your spice. YUK!!

Latly I've been useing a new, clear, pot-style water-pipe with brillo in the bowl, used just like "The Machine". Like your crack pipe but with a bubbler on the bottom and easy to set down without burning yourself or anything else.
This by the way is another problem with using a foily for DMT, what happens when you drop it or get a correct dose? How do you deal with it once you start to go under the veil?

I'd avoid the foil my man!!
If you want to get a full 40mg-50mg dose in one big toke (which is absolutly NOT nessissary btw) try a regular, large weed bong, tightly stuff a bit of brillo or chore boy (coarse steel scouring pad with the brass coating "cooked" off) into the glass bowl, which should be as clean as possible or better yet, new. heat the brillo up a bit and then spinkle the spice onto it. The DMT will melt into the brillo but it will not run down the stem. (do not heat the brillo so much that the DMT vaporises while doing the melting!!) Now just smoke it like you would a bowl of weed, just try to avoid pulling the flame down into the brillo too much, heat the brillo and it will vaporise the spice while also holding it. Just fill up the bong with all of the vapor and inhale it in one big hit.
NICE & EASY!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Ka Bong
#5 Posted : 3/3/2008 7:53:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes ! stick to glass ..! Although 10 points for creativity, Nix the plastic and aluminum foil ! Where are you living ?!~ Are there no head shops around..!?..?!

I promote using a dedicated, clear, all-glass, dry bong or pipe with about 100 - 250 ml of volume. Imagine the kind of 'bong' your doctor would give you if he or she perscribed you dmt - I bet it would be quite nifty, clean and accurate at 'administering' - with a calibrated bowl, multiple screens and a medical-grade-Brillo filter!

The empty 'volume' is a space to see the density of the vapour coming at you - that way the flame can be adjusted to increase heat and you can slow toking to max-out the density. .. It's funny I'm still a chicken, since having tried opaque pipes as well, I know I need to 'see it coming' - the intensity of the creamy-white smoke is a measure of what's coming ... !

lucious
#6 Posted : 3/3/2008 9:28:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmm... dmt gravity bong.

cut the bottom of the bottle off. drill a 1/4" hole in the cap. screw in a standard bowl. fill a bucket with water or ice water. immerse the bottle into the bucket cap opening up, then screw the cap on. hold the flame above the bowl and slowly raise the bottle out until just the bottom inch or so is in the water. unscrew the lid and wrap your spicehole around the top. now either pull the bottle totally out of the water and pull the vapor, or push the bottle into the water and slam the vapor into your lungs.

just adding a little fuel for the fire. i dont recomend this, one might end up with their head in a bucket.

WSaged
#7 Posted : 3/4/2008 4:08:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
or push the bottle into the water and slam the vapor into your lungs.

Little tip here,
before using, exhale completely and when pushing the bottle down into the water with your "spicehole" around the top, do not inhale at all. Seriously!!
When you push the gravity bong into the water, the vapor will be diplaced into the vacume of your empty lungs. It will be increadably smooth and you'll be amazed at how large the hits can be!! If you inhale when pushing in the smoke you'll cough for days!!

When you inhale you have to flex a number of muscles. With a gravity bong you just push the smoke into your lungs & these muscles don't have to be flexed, your relaxed lungs can now hold more smoke than usual. At least with weed smoke

I read this somewhere years ago, I made a GB later that night. I had tried a GB before but I had always inhaled and it killed me. The tokes of kind bud I receaved that night rung my head but did not make me cough.
My pals & I still make a GB every now & then but I've never used one for spice, could be nice!!

I'm sure you could easily vaporise 50mg into a 2 liter soda bottle Gravity Bong and take it all in one push. I'd put a piece of brillo in the bowl to hold the spice and vaporise it easily too.
Let us know!!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

EZ4U2Shoot
#8 Posted : 3/5/2008 10:01:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
JovialEel wrote:

I've been told to avoid smoking off aluminum foil, and plastic in a smoking device is a no-no in my book. I'd recommend a bit of slightly concave glass instead of the foil, and a glass bottle with the bottom broken off (Sobe-style) instead of the plastic.

On the other hand, SWIM just uses a good old-fashioned crackpipe.

The problem with smoking w/ aluminum foil isn't toxicity or anything like that. There is however 2 distinct things that one MUST keep in mind if using an aluminum foil bowl.

1.) NEVER use a torch lighter. Use only a regular cigarette lighter. Torch lighters (like the ones often used to light cigars) actually get hot enough to melt aluminum foil. Inhaling melting aluminum foil won't kill you, but it will hurt and taste nasty too.

2.) Don't use the same foil bowl too much. When you put the flame of a cigarette lighter to it a lot of carbon builds up on the foil. After a while, that carbon deposit will catch on fire. I'd say don't use the same foil bowl more than 5 or 10 times.

Otherwise, I would refer you to The Li'l Hammer - The Perfect Spice Pipe.

oarguello
#9 Posted : 3/12/2008 10:36:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

warrensaged wrote:

Latly I've been useing a new, clear, pot-style water-pipe with brillo in the bowl, used just like "The Machine". Like your crack pipe but with a bubbler on the bottom and easy to set down without burning yourself or anything else.
This by the way is another problem with using a foily for DMT, what happens when you drop it or get a correct dose? How do you deal with it once you start to go under the veil?

I'd avoid the foil my man!!
If you want to get a full 40mg-50mg dose in one big toke (which is absolutly NOT nessissary btw) try a regular, large weed bong, tightly stuff a bit of brillo or chore boy (coarse steel scouring pad with the brass coating "cooked" off) into the glass bowl, which should be as clean as possible or better yet, new. heat the brillo up a bit and then spinkle the spice onto it. The DMT will melt into the brillo but it will not run down the stem. (do not heat the brillo so much that the DMT vaporises while doing the melting!!) Now just smoke it like you would a bowl of weed, just try to avoid pulling the flame down into the brillo too much, heat the brillo and it will vaporise the spice while also holding it. Just fill up the bong with all of the vapor and inhale it in one big hit.
NICE & EASY!!

WS

Funny that you said this becasue this is exactly what i do. I used the machine at first...but found it too small and gets the vaporized DMT too hot...causing harsh rips and stings the throat and lips sometimes

. Then i thought....well inst a bong just like a giant "Machine"? Why not just put the steel wool in the stem/mouth of the mouthpiece. I have never gone back to anything ever again.

Smooth rips and big tokes. Does have to be cleaned often though. Definitely reccomend using a bong that can be easily cleaned AND one that has the stem exposed so you can heat the stem. I first used a bong that had the stem buried in the bong and could only heat the mouthpiece....not as efficient to getting all the DMT vaporized.

WSaged
#10 Posted : 3/13/2008 9:24:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I used the machine at first...but found it too small and gets the vaporized DMT too hot...causing harsh rips and stings the throat and lips sometimes

. Then i thought....well inst a bong just like a giant "Machine"? Why not just put the steel wool in the stem/mouth of the mouthpiece. I have never gone back to anything ever again.

Same here, when I tried the Machine for the first time I thought, "that worked great but it was too fucking harsh!! I want my bubbles back." I immediatly stared looking for a water pipe that had a nice big chamber & was clear.
I'm surprised we don't hear about more people smoking spice this way. It is by far the cleanest, easiest, fullest toke I've gotten!!

Cheers

WS

goataminehcl
#11 Posted : 3/14/2008 5:07:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

swim always thought a crack pipe would work well

shopdropper
#12 Posted : 7/8/2008 10:52:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i use a light bulb take the end off and crack the tube empty everything out (clean thoroughly if not clear bulb) use a 2 liter pop bottle lid with 2 holes in it stick a straw in there and leave the other hole open when inhaling

are your bongs empty ? or is there water? i always thought the water would condense the vapors?
my friend hada bong once with a vaporizer attachment it was a little larger than a regular stem piece it had a metal attachment that fit into the top and sandwiched into the top two pieces was a screen... the screen was heated by the lighter and inturn heated the air comming into the chamber effectively vaping the material inside... someone stole it off my friend it was a 70 dollar attachment! he used his bong dry.

shoe
#13 Posted : 7/8/2008 3:12:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A quick and dirty device would be what is called a LUNG here in scotland, I also suspect it would be brutally efficient.

Simple lung: Take a 3Ltr coke bottle or pepsi, or whatever. the big plastic kind. cut the bottom off, take a plastic bag, the shopping kind, or any other kind of plastic bag, and attach it on the inside and the outside, around the freshly cut bottom of the plastic bottle. the idea is to push the bag up inside the bottle while it is still attached. Unscrew the cap and replace it with somekind of bowl for heating your dmt.
The DMT goes in the top. Now, reach up inside the bottle, grab hold of the bag, and while you have a friend light the DMT at the top, (be careful, use parsley, all the usual) drag the bag down and pull it right out of the bottle, in order to fill up both the bottle and some of the bag. as much as you can. now, quickly remove the bowl and put your lips around the top of the bottle (the neck).

Inhale. The bag will retract and the lung will deposit almost an entire lungfull of DMT vapour into you.

That seems like the BEST way to get a massive hit of DMT in one go, if you ask me.

Also, with this,

HOLD THE VAPOUR.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

shoe
#14 Posted : 7/8/2008 3:15:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

warrensaged wrote:
Quote:
or push the bottle into the water and slam the vapor into your lungs.

I made a GB later that night. I had tried a GB before but I had always inhaled and it killed me. The tokes of kind bud I receaved that night rung my head but did not make me cough.
My pals & I still make a GB every now & then but I've never used one for spice, could be nice!!

I'm sure you could easily vaporise 50mg into a 2 liter soda bottle Gravity Bong and take it all in one push. I'd put a piece of brillo in the bowl to hold the spice and vaporise it easily too.
Let us know!!!

WS

fucking AY! I was about to suggest a bucket too.

Make sure you use a bottle of buckfast for the glass part Pleased
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!