We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Washing mescaline Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 11/24/2009 7:39:52 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

There are quite a few mescaline threads here - all at the end require the mesc to be washed so i thought id start a thread on it.

The mesc i prefer is the hcl salt of mesc so i guess the washing of that form can come first.

Mescaline hcl should be washed in acetone(the colder the better and it must be dry). 3 washes usually does the trick.
Another wash can be done with mek(cold) or even an mek re-x(the tek works well but its not so fun working with large volumes of hot mek)

Another point i wanted to make was that all the washes must be cleaned up - when washing a few grams of mesc - evapping down the acetone and mek used to wash it then cleaning that up again as before, yealds loads more mesc - especially if u live in a hot/humid country.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#2 Posted : 11/24/2009 9:59:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another method for cleaning mescaline HCl is to wash in acetone 2 times, and then wash in 99% IPA 1 time. This works better than using acetone alone. The final wash with the IPA removes the remaining smell leaving behind odorless off white mescaline HCl.

For cleaning mescaline acetate, you can boil the mescaline in a small amount of MEK, about 20 ml is good for 200 mg of dirty mescaline. You bring it to a boil just long enough for it to dissolve. Then you place it in an airtight container and put it in the freezer overnight. In the morning you have many tiny mescaline acetate crystals stuck to the bottom and sides of the jar. Simply decant the MEK. The goal is to get off white odorless crystals. If the crystals are not off white, repeat with new MEK.

Another method for cleaning mescaline acetate is to simple wash it in cold MEK 2-3 times.

In all of these processes, the "wash" contains active alkaloids, but contains little to no mescaline. In San Pedro, Peruvian Torch, and Achuma, these washes can result in nearly pure mescaline, judging by the crystal appearance and effects.

If your mescaline is sticky, a wash is a good idea.

If your mescaline has a dull, foggy head feel to it, it needs to be washed. Pure mescaline has a very nice LSD-like clarity to it. It has no stoning effects at all. The stoning effects are from the impurities.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Phlux-
#3 Posted : 11/24/2009 10:18:40 AM

The Root

69ron wrote:
In all of these processes, the "wash" contains active alkaloids, but contains little to no mescaline.

This is untrue 100%

At room temp - mescaline is ever so slightly soluble in acetone and mek - iv proven it to myself many times.
Iso here generally contains water - mesc is soluble in water so if ur iso is 90% u have 10% water - u cant tell me that if u wash mescaline with 10% water/90% alcahol - none will be yeilded from evapping that iso.

Cleanups increase yeild alot.

mesc hcl is stronger by weight than acetate and can be a lovely pearly bone dry powder.

antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 11/24/2009 3:10:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
69ron wrote:
In all of these processes, the "wash" contains active alkaloids, but contains little to no mescaline.

This is untrue 100%

At room temp - mescaline is ever so slightly soluble in acetone and mek - iv proven it to myself many times.
Iso here generally contains water - mesc is soluble in water so if ur iso is 90% u have 10% water - u cant tell me that if u wash mescaline with 10% water/90% alcahol - none will be yeilded from evapping that iso.

mesc hcl is stronger by weight than acetate and can be a lovely pearly bone dry powder.

Ron's talking about 99% IPA and 99% acetone. Mescaline HCl should only be soluble in the water contained in the solvents, so if there's 5-10% moisture contamination, yes, it will dissolve some mescaline, but 1% should be negligible. Try passing SWIY's acetone and IPA through a column of anhydrous magnesium sulfate, and it should rid it of most of that moisture.

Phlux-
#5 Posted : 11/24/2009 5:35:40 PM

The Root

acetone and mek is always dried - its damn humid here tho - i doubt everyone lives in cold climates so i thought ppl may benefit from doing this as much as i have.

While working with a few grams - at least a good couple hundred mgs can be saved this way.

sorry ron - misread your post dude.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

w0mbat
#6 Posted : 11/24/2009 5:36:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does washing mescaline HCl with acetone as well as 99% IPA improve the outcome? Or can you get the same level of purity (without much more loss) by just washing with IPA?

Also, this may be a newb question, but does extra HCl in soltuion evaporate off in the dehydrator? Or does it become concentrated in the final product?

If you washed dirty mescaline acetate with 99% IPA, you'd lose product because... some mescaline acetate would dissolve in the 99% IPA?

BTW, for making one's own "food grade" HCl, what do you guys think about using a procedure like this. All they do is combine 1 mole of sodium bisulfate & 1 mole of NaCl + a little bit of water, and then bubble the resulting gas through water using 2 cheapo glass pipets connected through a short piece of plastic tubing. All the materials they use couldn't cost more than 40 bucks...
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

Phlux-
#7 Posted : 11/24/2009 6:33:33 PM

The Root

i dont use ipa so i cant answer ur first question

hcl is a gas so it evaps off

and again i dont like mesc acetate - 69Ron is the pro on that it seems.

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

69ron
#8 Posted : 11/24/2009 6:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
69ron wrote:

This is untrue 100%

I’m sorry but SWIM’s statements are accurate. SWIM personally tests the washes every time.

You are making these statements because you are probably doing the washes wrong. IPA means 99% IPA, not IPA with water. If you use too much solvent for the wash, some mescaline may be washed away, or if the solvents are wet, or too warm. You should always use cold dry solvents for washing.

Also, by weight, mescaline acetate is stronger than mescaline HCl because it absorbs faster. SWIM has both as off white crystals and can easily compare the two side by side. Their effects are identical but the acetate comes on quicker and peaks faster, so it feels stronger. If cleaned properly, it is also bone dry, just slightly waxy like DMT.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#9 Posted : 11/24/2009 6:54:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

w0mbat wrote:
Does washing mescaline HCl with acetone as well as 99% IPA improve the outcome? Or can you get the same level of purity (without much more loss) by just washing with IPA?

Also, this may be a newb question, but does extra HCl in soltuion evaporate off in the dehydrator? Or does it become concentrated in the final product?

If you washed dirty mescaline acetate with 99% IPA, you'd lose product because... some mescaline acetate would dissolve in the 99% IPA?

You get better results by washing with acetone followed by IPA.

The HCl solution evaporates and causes a horrible irritating odor and can cause things to rust that are near it. It’s very strong. Be careful.

Mescaline acetate is highly soluble in IPA. The only solvent that SWIM knows works with mescaline acetate as a wash is MEK. The MEK should be cold.

Phlux-
#10 Posted : 11/24/2009 7:10:44 PM

The Root

You are making these statements because you are probably doing the washes wrong. IPA means 99% IPA, not IPA with water. If you use too much solvent for the wash, some mescaline may be washed away, or if the solvents are wet, or too warm. You should always use cold dry solvents for washing.
---im using minmal amounts of solvents - ipa stinks to me - the solvents are dry and room temp - its hot where i live so it could be related tho - im not retarded and its preddy hard to screw up washing mesc - doesnt get much more streight foreward.

Also, by weight, mescaline acetate is stronger than mescaline HCl because it absorbs faster. SWIM has both as off white crystals and can easily compare the two side by side. Their effects are identical but the acetate comes on quicker and peaks faster, so it feels stronger. If cleaned properly, it is also bone dry, just slightly waxy like DMT.
---Tried very pure versions of both and i just prefer hcl - nothing wrong with that(and many ppl seem to agree with me on this)

"The HCl solution evaporates and causes a horrible irritating odor and can cause things to rust that are near it. It’s very strong. Be careful."
---never seen or heard of that - this is 4 drops in 100ml water eh - just smells sweet and rather nice actually(to me that is)

Ron i know u like to push ur tek and put down others cactus related teks(i mean just check out the resin thread) - this is what works well for me and countless others - lets keep this thread free of arguments dude.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

69ron
#11 Posted : 11/24/2009 7:30:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
Ron i know u like to push ur tek and put down others cactus related teks(i mean just check out the resin thread) - this is what works well for me and countless others - lets keep this thread free of arguments dude.

I said many times the Resin tech is a good simple tech right in that thread, but argued about the highly exaggerated potency claims as did many other people.

Why are you insulting me by saying I like to put down other peoples techs?

Are you getting pleasure from that?

If you want an argument free thread, then make one with facts everyone agrees on.

antichode
#12 Posted : 11/24/2009 8:23:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Come on guys keep it civil, phlux stop bating Ron.... And Ron stop reacting to it... No one wants to wade through another turgid thread or arguments.

SWIM also finds that little to no mescaline ends up in his acetone washes. He keeps his acetone in the freezer and can be as liberal as he wants in the cleaning step with not a lot of loss noticed. SWIM washes his about 4-5 times in a jar, then tips the last wash into a funnel with cottonwool stuffed in it, he then fills a 30 ml syringe with acetone, and squirts the clogged cottonwool a few times, then pours near boiling water through the funnel to disolve the mesc and evaporates the liquid to leave a lovely dry and fluffy off white powder (which does have a potent smell, swim can't get ipa)

It was swims understanding that mesc was not very soluble in near freezing water anyway, so if your acetone is cold and your quick with your washes you shouldn't lose a lot

Phlux-
#13 Posted : 11/25/2009 8:16:53 AM

The Root

okay okay - im sorry Ron, dunno man - was irritated when posting - didnt mean to bait or argue or anything.

See when washing mesc with acetone in a hot humid place - sticking it in the freezer beforehand makes everything get condensation on it within like 2 minutes of being taken out the freezer - the acetone seems to suck much water from the air - even tho it has always got anhydrous magnesium sulphate in it.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

69ron
#14 Posted : 11/25/2009 8:38:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have any details on cleaning these other forms of mescaline:

mescaline citrate
mescaline fumarate
mescaline tartrate

I've heard that mescaline tartrate can be precipitated in ice cold water. I heard the same for mescaline citrate. SWIM tried both and they did not work. Maybe SWIM did something wrong though.

bufoman
#15 Posted : 11/25/2009 2:55:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mescaline HCl is somewhat soluable in 99% IPA at roomtemp (not very). It can actually be used (must be boiling) to re-crystalize Mescaline HCl to give crystals. It is used commonly in the literature to purify mescaline. Just let cool at room temp and let sit or place in freezer. It seems though that a significant amount of "product" is lost which makes SWIM skeptical about the purity of the initial product....although this crystallization technique may need some work as well.... a slow evap may be needed....

SWIM is skeptical about the purity of the product from the pure white mescaline tech for several reasons. Not putting it down, as it is an amazing tech with nice products. However HPLC, melting piont, and recrystalization shows that even the white solids are not pure mescaline. They maybe close or ?... SWIM does not know how "impure" it is as this would require some more work. SWIM thinks it is likely pretty pure and the impurities are not necessarily bad...however SWIM does not know if this effects the quality of the product. (It likely depends on the source of cacti too)

Phlux-
#16 Posted : 11/25/2009 6:51:18 PM

The Root

a hot mek re-x on it yeilds a very pure product(very pearly) - can some rabbit do a melting point test on that ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

burnt
#17 Posted : 11/25/2009 7:00:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
SWIM is skeptical about the purity of the product from the pure white mescaline tech for several reasons. Not putting it down, as it is an amazing tech with nice products. However HPLC, melting piont, and recrystalization shows that even the white solids are not pure mescaline. They maybe close or ?... SWIM does not know how "impure" it is as this would require some more work. SWIM thinks it is likely pretty pure and the impurities are not necessarily bad...however SWIM does not know if this effects the quality of the product. (It likely depends on the source of cacti too)

SWIMs imaginary friend who likes to make fake studies analyzed mescaline HCl from peyote before. A/B toluene pulled. Washed with acetone etc.

It contained mescaline and some N-methyl-mescaline.

Will also make up a fake report about san pedro in a few weeks if all goes well.

69ron
#18 Posted : 11/25/2009 8:14:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:
SWIM is skeptical about the purity of the product from the pure white mescaline tech for several reasons. Not putting it down, as it is an amazing tech with nice products. However HPLC, melting piont, and recrystalization shows that even the white solids are not pure mescaline. They maybe close or ?...

It's not 100% pure, that's for sure. The actual purity is unknown. It's only a guess. SWIM doesn't have the equipment to test the purity. But even so, SWIM cannot tell the difference between it and synthetic mescaline. SWIM has had synthetic mescaline in the past, so he knows what it feels like. The mescaline HCl from that tech, after proper cleaning, feels exactly like pure mescaline does, for SWIM anyway. So even if it’s not 100% pure, it doesn’t matter much to SWIM.

antichode
#19 Posted : 11/26/2009 1:57:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
mek re-x(the tek works well but its not so fun working with large volumes of hot mek)

Can SWIY go into some more detail on this?

Phlux-
#20 Posted : 11/26/2009 7:33:32 AM

The Root

rather link you to the original tek i used - http://forums.mycotopia....cl-attempt-w-photos.html
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

123NEXT»