We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dreaming of the perfect home-made vaporizer Options

obliguhl
#1 Posted : 11/22/2009 4:35:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In search for the best Vaporizing machine, I've thought of the following, to produce the smoothest smoke in the most convinient, hands free way. It's just an idea, I didn't build one myself.

Material:

1x Vaporgenie Bowl
1x Large Acrylic Ice Bong (40-50cm)
1x Small Halogen lamp
1x Shisha tube
1x Wireless Remote Control Power Outlet
2x Bubble controled LED lights
1x Heavy stand for bong

The Idea is, to connect the VG Blowl to the icebong (how?) and to use the halogen lamp as a heat source for hands free vaporization. One would cap the acryl bong and drill a small hole for the shisha tube at the side of bong (at the top). The wireless power control would then switch on the halogen light. You'd draw from the tube, the vapor would go through the water producing bubbles which would activate the LED lights. This would allow to recognize the right time to take that big hit, even in total darkness. Next station: The ice, making thee vapor cool and smooth. By the time it reaches you it should be as cool as possible.

The bong is large, because this machine would first vaporize the COMPLETE amount of spice, say 50mg before you'd take that big hit.

Would be even better if the suction would activate the halogen lamp!

It's basically a home made vaporizer with a cooling mechanism.

Any Ideas, suggestions?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

kyrolima
#2 Posted : 11/23/2009 3:52:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds very good, but seriously all this ideas are not very effective.
You have to buy this stuff.
Then you have to assemble it.

Just buy a fine device like the volcano or something.
elusive illusion

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 11/23/2009 7:54:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Volcano does not cool the vapor with ice...

Madcap
#4 Posted : 11/23/2009 4:20:38 PM

illudium Q-36

A good way to test your theory without having to build the device would be to fill a vaporizer bag with spice vapor and attach that to an ice bong. That way you can pull the vapor through ice and see if the cooler vapor solves your problem.

It just seems like a pile of work..especially the LEDs. However, I know you have been frustrated by your lungs refusal to take enough spice.

I'm not sure you would need the vaporgenie bowl. I have a glass VG (works great) . The ceramic element in the bowl serves the same purpose as the halogen bulb in your design. It creates a flameless heat source by blocking the flame. You have taken the flame out of the equation.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 11/23/2009 8:49:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, the LED bubblerlights are readily available for 2$ a pop.

You're right, my friend should try the ice cooling on a smaller scale first.

Oh and the halogen bulp should heat up the ceramic filter. It's the heating element so no flame needed.

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 11/24/2009 1:11:33 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

obliguhl wrote:
Oh and the halogen bulp should heat up the ceramic filter. It's the heating element so no flame needed.

Why not rig up a hakko or some other device with a ceramic heating element instead of fiddling around with a halogen bulb? Have to figure out how to get it to shut off so you don't burn yourself, but ultimately it should be easier to handle.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 11/24/2009 6:52:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It gets shut off by a remote control. And you can't burn yourself, because the halogen lamp would be meters away from you, in a safe bong stand!