We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ha-peh (Rapé) snuff scientific research?? Options

Fractalus
#1 Posted : 11/9/2018 4:17:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim loves this medicine and working with it on daily basic when he needs to be focus or for waking up from numb situations (morning include Smile
do you dearly nexians saw any scientific research of it?

the compounds swim knows in ha-peh medicine is tobacco of course, ashes and gums from different trees and who knows for real what else?

he thought that because ashes involved in the ha-peh, when it go thru the nasals it become potassium hydroxide and "soaping" the nasals and remove junk that was stuck there, and it might be the reason that when hes friends have headache he serve them ha-peh and after few minutes the headache is gone.
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Nydex
#2 Posted : 11/9/2018 5:04:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Fractalus,

AFAIK rOm is rather educated on the rapé topic, so you could ask him. Drop him a PM if you want.

I'd love to have a sneak peak at the science behind this beautiful medicine that I haven't yet tried, but very much looking forward to my first encounter with it.

Cheers! Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

ijahdan
#3 Posted : 11/10/2018 9:28:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Id also be interested in hearing about any research about rapé. Found a local supplier and have been sampling the many varieties stocked over the past few years. The major effect seems to be from the tobacco content, with the amount of ash modulating speed of absorption. There are however many other plants added which are claimed (by the uk importer) to have all sorts of vague beneficial qualities. Im a bit skeptical about some of these claims, but am probably missing the subtler effects as Ive just been using rapé once a day after work to get a bit of peace and refocus, rather than as part of a ceremony or in conjunction with ayahuasca etc. Also, I imagine the amazonians take much larger doses.

All in all, snorting rapé feels a lot healthier than smoking tobacco, and Ive had fewer colds and other illnesses since starting to use it, so thats good.

Ive grown my own mapacho for a couple of years too and will try making some rapé when time permits, so any advice on admixture plants would be appreciated.

rOm
#4 Posted : 11/12/2018 8:46:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

admixture plants are nearly endless. I used vanilla, cacao, nutmeg, tonka nuts..
Rosemary, mint and most aromatic herbs,
Virola tree sap, and msot of entheogen as microdose in.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Fractalus
#5 Posted : 11/13/2018 6:39:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim Just got 4 types of ha-peh Big grin Very happy
apurina yawanawa kuntanawa and nukini Smile
god what an awsome medicines!

when he was trying to make it on his own with bought mapacho and separete ashes like chica and pau pereira it wasnt the same at all like the tribal one's.. it felt like all the magic was not there and it was strange in general..

what about the fermentation prosses? anyone knows how to do it and if one's need ferment the whole ha-peh or just the mapacho?

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

Fractalus
#6 Posted : 11/19/2018 10:01:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

glad to tell you guys that swim's theory is corrent!
he asked his teacher (bio-chem) and his says that the basic reaction that accured when the ashes meet the nazel cannels are removing a bit of the sinus tissue and remove junk from it, and by that the compounds in the ha-peh can absorb better, espesialy important for psycoactive ha-peh

Diazin
#7 Posted : 11/21/2018 1:24:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I love rapé, and there are times in my life where I take it daily, in fair doses. I dont like to overdo it though, as tobacco in general makes my bp drop too much.

Ive been thinking about doing a cold water extraction of lsa, add some rapé to it and let it dry slowly, or perhaps add some dried cubensis to it.

The herbs in the blending are mostly aromatic to me, at least for those Ive tried so far, the bare effect seems to be the very same.

JefFlux
#8 Posted : 11/22/2018 12:53:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fractalus... I think you'll find this pretty helpful. Dated 2015 it claims ; "Although rapé and similar preparations have been used for thousands of years, this study is the first comprehensive chemical characterisation of this tobacco product type." [url=https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5704902/]

Fractalus
#9 Posted : 11/24/2018 8:18:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JefFlux thats awsome! thank you very very much its exactly the research stuff swim was looking for

Hermés
#10 Posted : 12/18/2018 5:56:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JefFlux wrote:
Fractalus... I think you'll find this pretty helpful. Dated 2015 it claims ; "Although rapé and similar preparations have been used for thousands of years, this study is the first comprehensive chemical characterisation of this tobacco product type." [url=https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5704902/]

Very nice. Thank you good sir