We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Isolating/Extracting 2C-B from presses Options

ducdevil
#1 Posted : 11/22/2018 4:26:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hello everyone - happy Thanksgiving!

i have some pressed pills of 2C-B and was interested in extracting/isolating the actives from the filler. i’m aware of how to do this with MDMA using anhydrous acetone; can the same be done with 2C-B?

wondering if the 2C-B is soluble in acetone (or other solvent), leaving impurities behind…pipetting off the acetone and evaporating? or the other way around?

any chemists have an idea of how this might be done? any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

thanks very much! Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

0_o
#2 Posted : 11/22/2018 4:46:49 PM

ⁿ°ⁿ↔ρ└ªγ³r κhªrªκτ³r

PDF with solubility information attached

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 11/22/2018 4:52:36 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

the salts aren't very soluble in acetone

you can do a simple a/b extraction, dissolve the tablets in acidic water, vinegar is fine, then filter or decant from the insoluble paste.

Wash the acidic extract with non-polar solvent, then basify and extract with the same solvent, then convert back to salt form, HCl is the best for this one. You can precipitate the salts out of the toluene or xylene by adding HCl in IPA, you dont need it to be super dry in this case so just add 1mL of muratic acid (37% aq HCl) to 10mL of Isopropanol, and add that solution dropwise. You can add some dry MgSO4 to the solution too to suck up a bit of the water too.

Naphtha isn't good in this case better use xylene or toluene though.

A simpler method which may be better for you,

2C-B HCl is poorly soluble in conc. HCl solutions. So extract the tablets with vinegar as before, care to use the least possible amount of volume for the best yield, filter or decant, then precipitate the 2C-B HCl with addition of conc. HCl. Store in refrigerator overnight for full precip. This method is simpler but will yield less.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/22/2018 5:54:38 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

So basically we can Manske 2C-B. Cool!

EDIT: would this work with NaCl from a vinegar solution, I wonder? That would dispense with the need for conc. HCl.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Mindlusion
#5 Posted : 11/22/2018 8:51:43 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
So basically we can Manske 2C-B. Cool!

EDIT: would this work with NaCl from a vinegar solution, I wonder? That would dispense with the need for conc. HCl.

Potentially, I haven't tried it.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

ducdevil
#6 Posted : 11/24/2018 4:46:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

just wanted to thank those who have responded; i'm hoping this conversation can continue and some more ideas can be discussed. i'd like to have a clearer idea of what to do before i would proceed and potentially waste something. i'm a "max ion" level chemist...that's my current skill level - pretty much a novice! Laughing

i look forward to more entries, and once again - thanks!