We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A. Floribunda Extract Options

Sigtyr
#1 Posted : 11/21/2018 2:48:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently did an extraction on some Acacia Floribunda bark and was left with some goo which would not crystalize. The results of the extraction are here https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=82511 so you can see what I was left with.

Anyway, today I decided I would take the plunge and sample some of said extract and I thought I'd share my experience on here as this was my first time trying these alkaloids.

First of all I constructed "The Machine" as it seemed easy enough to make. Next I weighed up around 10mg of the goo, put into steel wool, loaded the machine, sat back on the lounge and took a hit.

The somewhat mild effects were felt fairly quickly, with faint, almost see through geometric patterns before my eyes and almost simultaneously my body began to feel slightly heavy, so I lay back on the lounge and closed my eyes. With my eyes closed the patterns took on a slightly red colour but this was very short lived as the visual effects of this seemed to wear off in about 2 minutes but I still had a slightly heavy feeling for about 10 minutes after.

Intrigued by what I had just experienced I decided I would try some more but this time in the bedroom with curtains drawn as I found the brightness of the lounge room distracting.

As I had only taken a relatively small hit the first time I figured there was still some goo that hadn't vaporised so I lay on the bed and took a hit. The effects were almost identical to the first time, though the darkness of the room was definitely an improvement for this.

Once the faint visual effects had passed I got up and walked around the house just to see how it felt walking about with that heavy feeling. It was strange. Almost like magnets on my feet is the only way I can describe it.

After about half an hour had passed I decided I would try again but up the dose to about 15mg and try to take it all in one hit. WOW!!

Well this is where things got interesting. While holding the hit in as long as I could, the geometric patterns appeared again before my eyes but much stronger this time and in reds, blues and greens. I was struggling to see everything in front of me due to the intensity of the patterns so I put the machine down on the table next to me and lay back on the bed and closed my eyes.

As I lay back on the bed, my body felt as if it were extremely heavy and extremely light all at the same time. It's hard to explain but it was quite pleasant and very euphoric.

Meanwhile with my eyes closed, (I don't know how to explain this), it was as if I was in a dark room with 3 dimensional geometrical transparent patterns of red, green and blue that were moving all around me.

At the centre of this was an outline, comical looking bird head with a very long neck that moved/weaved about the room. It was made up of the same transparent colours as the patterns and seemed to be all part of the same thing...whatever that was. The most accurate description I can give of this bird head is that of a puppet named Ossie Ostrich that used to appear on Australian television many years ago. (picture attached)

After about a couple of minutes, two extremely thin and vertical bright white lines appeared directly in front of me cutting through the bird head and patterns and it was around this time I felt a burning sensation in my chest that started to increase in intensity which I put down to being a non smoker and not used to inhaling vapour/smoke into my lungs. Unfortunately it became such a distraction that I opened my eyes and it pretty much signalled the end of the bizarre visual experience. The feeling of heaviness also started to ease but continued mildly for about 30 odd minutes.

So to summarise, it was an enjoyable/interesting experience, though the CEV side of things was very short lived, maybe 5 minutes at best, but what a five minutes it was.

Acacia Floribunda definitely worth extracting from.Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
Sigtyr attached the following image(s):
Ossie_Ostrich.jpg (6kb) downloaded 143 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

leratiomyces
#2 Posted : 11/21/2018 10:33:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice to hear of your success.
Nice work.
Did you end up calculating a percent yield of alkaloids?

The duration of effects perhaps suggests the presence of some nmt. But who knows, I'm no expert.

Hopefully you didn't have to endure visions of Daryl somers.

Sigtyr
#3 Posted : 11/22/2018 2:40:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LOL @ Daryl Somers, that would have been enough to put me off trying it again that's for sure Laughing Laughing

The thought of it resembling Ossie Ostrich came as an after thought when trying to think of a way to describe it. Very strange, but who knows how my mind works.

As for yield, not as yet. I still have the second acid soak to try and extract from but just haven't had time to get onto it. Unfortunately, I had already tossed the base solution before I saw your suggestion of trying more pulls with xylene or toluene.

In saying that, I'm not done with this species yet, I still have phyllodes to extract from and have some left over bark so I will try again, hopefully with clearer results.

Sigtyr
#4 Posted : 11/23/2018 2:47:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Within the past couple of hours I decided to sample some more of this goo/extract, however, it seemed different this time.

The come on with patterns before my eyes started the same as before, though this time around there was very little heavy feeling/body load associated with it. I lay back closed my eyes and enjoyed the patterns (always in green, red and blue) and strange objects that moved about behind my eyelids. I did this a couple more times, and again all very short lived, maybe 2 - 5 minutes tops.

I then took another hit, but this time with my eyes open looking up at the ceiling and at the ceiling fan in particular (which was not switched on), which seemed to pulsate and wobble with a plasticine kind of appearance. The ceiling also appeared to breath and moving patterns all around, and it immediately reminded me of an LSD trip, without any mental scatteredness.

I haven't touched LSD or any other psychedelics (prior to these recent experiments) in a very long time. While I found this enjoyable, I wasn't overly thrilled or wowed by it. It just seemed familiar, and had a more of the same/been there done that feel to it. One of the reasons I stopped using LSD was I got bored with it and wasn't getting anything else out of it. Moving on.

The last hit I took was a long deep one. I kept going until I almost started coughing and then lay back and closed my eyes. Within seconds I felt like something was trying to pull or push me toward it, and a strange thing, similar to the ostrich thing but the head wasn't really a head, it was more like an unopened or partially opened flower Confused appeared very up close to my face/line of vision. I had the sense that it was asking me to come to it or go with it as a reward for taking that deep hit. I really don't know any other way of describing it.

Again, it was very short lived, and subsided fairly quickly. The CEV's were a lot more enjoyable and interesting than with eyes open.

To anyone taking the time to read this, I apologise if I'm coming across as rambling, I'm trying to process what I just experienced. I find it hard to remember everything so I'm putting it down into words while its still reasonably fresh in my head.

One thing I do like in particular about this substance is that there is no real feeling of mental or physical fatigue afterwards.

PS: I really need to get this goo tested and find out what exactly is in it.

leratiomyces
#5 Posted : 11/23/2018 4:27:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

A while back Benzyme made a post offering lcms analysis (I think) of substsnces or extracts.
There was a small cost.

Otherwise it's tlc. But you will needs some standards to compare to....