We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Alcoholic Tartaric Acid? Options

Complexity
#1 Posted : 9/1/2016 6:55:21 PM

Being & Becoming

So, before going further I want to say that what I'm going to ask comes from a "guide" (quite poorly written, actually) to extract ergotamine from Claviceps purpure. Onestly I have no intention in performing such operation, I'm led just by curiosity, but since we all know how much ergotamine is linked to LSD synthesis I was unsure if I could ask something related to it or not. If this topic is inappropriate I apologize.

In the text I was reading:

Quote:
Adjust to pH 9 with ammonium hydroxide and extract with benzene or
chloroform/iso-butanol mixture.

Extract again with alcoholic tartaric acid and evaporate in a vacuum
to dryness.

No problem for the first part but... what the hell is alcoholic tartaric acid? I've googled a bit and I've not found anything, plus I've also never heard about alcoholic acids.
What do you think they meant?

I found it on this page of erowid
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Red Eclipse
#2 Posted : 9/1/2016 7:00:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

airborne mycotoxins are bad , mkay?

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 9/2/2016 2:09:45 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

just like FASI is fumaric acid saturated isopropanol, alcoholic tartaric acid is just tartaric acid dissolved in some alcohol
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 9/2/2016 1:53:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

http://hampapartiet.se/16.pdf
Psychedelic chemistry ; Smith

-eg

Complexity
#5 Posted : 9/2/2016 5:52:32 PM

Being & Becoming

Thanks to everyone Thumbs up
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

entheogenic-gnosis
#6 Posted : 9/3/2016 2:53:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Smith simply compiled several work-ups from several sources in his book, I have actually studied LSD synthesis and the LSD section of Smith's book fairly extensively, as its mostly methods devised by Hoffman or Will L. Garbrecht or others, still good chemistry. People give fester a hard time because of his books on murder, poisons, or methamphetamine manufacture, and most of it is justified, I can't say I'm a fester "fan" by any means, however his practical LSD manufacture book takes the same known general LSD manufacture methods, and goes into detail where other work-ups wouldn't, there's good chemistry there as well, though I doubt much of it is fester's, it's more like fester's interpretations of others chemistry.

I would have gone into further detail here, but I'm not certain if synthesis talk is encouraged or allowed, so I'll stop here.

-eg

blue.magic
#7 Posted : 11/22/2018 2:48:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
I would have gone into further detail here, but I'm not certain if synthesis talk is encouraged or allowed, so I'll stop here.
-eg

Synth talk should be okay as long as it does not involve dangerous reagents or procedures.

I would consider alcoholic tartaric acid as safe, though working with ergot is definitely not.