We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia plants? Options

Al-Wasi
#1 Posted : 11/21/2018 10:25:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone here grow this gem of a being?
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 11/21/2018 10:31:23 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

"Salvia is the largest genus of plants in the mint family, Lamiaceae, with nearly 1000 species of shrubs, herbaceous perennials, and annuals."

You might need to be a bit more specific Wink

There are many interesting species of Salvia, several with their own interesting effects, beyond the one you're clearly thinking of Very happy

I've recently started collecting Salvia plants of various species for my garden, after finding that a specimen which I obtained purely on a whim several years ago has interesting psychoactive properties.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

KloudQ7
#3 Posted : 11/21/2018 10:35:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got a bunch of divinorum growing. Their flowers are my favorite smell, though I tried to distill the scent and it didn't work.
KloudQ7 attached the following image(s):
29194431.jpg (32kb) downloaded 100 time(s).

Al-Wasi
#4 Posted : 11/21/2018 10:39:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having zero luck finding an online vendor with salvia plants for sale and seeing as seed is all but impossoboe to find I'm stuck.

My last one was murdered by my cat of all things

Really like the appearance of this plant as well as it's gifts.
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 11/22/2018 12:58:29 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

KloudQ7 wrote:
I got a bunch of divinorum growing. Their flowers are my favorite smell, though I tried to distill the scent and it didn't work.

You'd be needing kilos of flowers to stand a chance of getting a visible amount of oil. For heat-sensitive fragrances it might be worth making a concrète.

My Salvia greggii x guaranitica has wonderfully scented leaves - first fruity, then buttery.

Salvinorin-wise, I'll need to check out how my S. glutinosa leaves shape up and after that it's time to start growing S. recognita.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

KloudQ7
#6 Posted : 11/22/2018 1:49:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have an essential oil extractor that works in the microwave for a few mls of oil in like 6 minutes. I think the heat did destroy what scent there was, otherwise the hydrosol would have smelled good at least. Works great on citrus peels.