We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Re-pulling with limonene - what are the solids? Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 11/19/2018 4:23:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did a variant of the Max Ion tek on Phalaris aquatica, using limonene as solvent.
The limonene pulls were salted with vinegar and washed with water. The vinegar and water pulls were collected and reduced.

Then, as Elrik suggested here, I based my boiled down aqueous extraction with sodium carbonate (to pH around 11.7) so I could pull it again with limo.

However, adding the sodium carbonate resulted in a clouding, not unlike the clouding observed in harmala extraction. After a few minutes it was apparent that some sort of precipitate was separating from the aqueous phase.

It hasn't all settled yet, and it may never settle that well as the volume is small, but I've attached a photo (#1).

Any idea what the solids are and whether they contain DMT? If not, can I filter them out using coffee filters? If they do contain DMT, can I decant off the supernatant and keep the solids as my product?
Could it be some beta-carboline? Or a limonene degradation product?

Another question: I also washed my used limonene with tap water and the resulting water is very cloudy. Is this DMT or something else? (Photo #2)
Jagube attached the following image(s):
b1.jpg (943kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
b2.jpg (815kb) downloaded 47 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.