We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
HEAT DEATH OF UNIVERSE TV DONUTS Options

5 Dimensional Nick
#1 Posted : 11/16/2018 11:54:11 AM

"Full of multiversal flow!"

Why do TV cosmologists assume the heat death of the universe and never imagine that an incredibly advanced civilization could possibly reverse the expansion of space-time (at least in a local area)?
"Anonymous around the mouse, hyperspace black ops in my house,
A technical itch you can't ignore, viral like that magic spore,
Laced in life like a blockchain, special characters around my name,
They got game like Nintendo flow, it's always the same you will know,
I can't be pinned down like a Q-Bit, my architecture all neuromorphic,
On the roof if the internet had one, fire escape's fibre optic dragon." Onepacman

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

0_o
#2 Posted : 11/16/2018 1:11:14 PM

ⁿ°ⁿ↔ρ└ªγ³r κhªrªκτ³r

Because they are TV cosmologists?

Perhaps entropy is already balanced by an equal and opposite reaction?

I think that a lot of lay understanding is still entrenched in linear time view that isn't entirely accurate.

Will humans ever create a form of life that can achieve civilization?

5 Dimensional Nick
#3 Posted : 11/16/2018 2:21:33 PM

i just they are just predicting what they think atm. just wonder why they always leave it as dooom and never mention that of course anything could happen to mean the heat death doesn't.

do you mean entropy increase is balanced much later in the life of the universe? could happen

agree with you on the linear time thing. just need one more dimension of time to mess that up!

and yes... maybe not soon but strong AI is on the way for sure

On the roof if the internet had one, fire escape's fibre optic dragon." Onepacman

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/16/2018 9:56:00 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Funny, this in a way reflects some recent thoughts I've had.

Basically, I don't believe in the heat death of the universe because it seems to me that gravity (for one thing) would always keep things swirling, squashing, exploding and the rest, over and again, ad infinitum. I'm no cosmologist though and have probably missed something, like what the consequences of all the fusible elements having been fused into stable isotopes might be. Nor do I have the time or patience to sit down and work out even the vaguest approximation of what that might mean.

What would be the final state of this heat dead universe? Is that even a relevant question given that it implies the absence of any observer, at least in the conventional materialistic sense? What would be the final state of matter? It seems to me that the flaw in the "heat-death" model is that it fails to make a place for conscious agency - or would that, too, have met its end under the (purported) relentless march of entropy?

Consider something akin to what occurs as temperatures approach ever closer to absolute zero, except with time instead. The time scales, with so little going on, would stretch out to an even more mindboggling extent than length of time it took to get to that point of ever-so-nearly-but-not-quite heat death such that that 'final moment' could only ever be asymptotically approached. This means the process scales out exponentially and at that level of even more mindbogglingly huge expanses of (apparently ultimately boring) time, processes would come into play which we have not yet even dreamed of.

This seems to resonate with the idea that there are further dimensions beyond this everyday space/time - dimensions of which certain areas of physics are apparently firmly convinced, in order to make stuff work. There alone is reason to consider that this very likely isn't the whole story.

Would protons really be entirely stable under such a time scale? And electrons? Is there somewhere that has a clear and concise explanation of the alleged heat death anyhow? Does not quantum indeterminacy cause particles to randomly boil out of pure nothingness? It appears that a bored universe always manages to cook up something for itself to do...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

5 Dimensional Nick
#5 Posted : 11/16/2018 11:20:48 PM

BLESS downwardsfromzero, love that response

0_o
#6 Posted : 11/16/2018 11:37:36 PM

ⁿ°ⁿ↔ρ└ªγ³r κhªrªκτ³r

I view polarity as a fundamental aspect of the universe.
The implications are many, among them is that entropy is balanced concurrently.
When matter cools it ceases to be matter.
It becomes unified again, bosonic.
Black hole gravity is so strong it can actually strip thermal charge.
The explanation isn't something I want to type into a smartphone and I am not sure I am comfortable discussing it here.

My understanding of dimension is a bit distinct.

5 Dimensional Nick
#7 Posted : 11/17/2018 12:09:48 AM

0_o wrote:
I view polarity as a fundamental aspect of the universe.
The implications are many, among them is that entropy is balanced concurrently.
When matter cools it ceases to be matter.
It becomes unified again, bosonic.
Black hole gravity is so strong it can actually strip thermal charge.
The explanation isn't something I want to type into a smartphone and I am not sure I am comfortable discussing it here.

My understanding of dimension is a bit distinct.

and your avatar reminds me of my cat! Thumbs up