We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
No immediate effect with DMT yet but dreaming more Options

avillax
#1 Posted : 11/14/2018 10:09:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, as I commented on another post, it seems I haven't used DMT correctly yet, perhaps today I will give it another try. In my 2 failed attempts I have felt a bit dizzy, a bit high and minor distortions lasting only seconds. After that I have felt quite balanced though, perhaps just a tiny bit. But something I have noticed a lot is that my dreams are more intense, last more, and it is one dream after another.
I am an avid astral traveler and lucid dreamer and even wrote a book about it:
https://www.amazon.com/O...p;keywords=astral+kensho

but over the last two years I have had a lot of difficulty becoming lucid or astral traveling, this time was no exception so it should not be of consequence but I did notice it was one dream after another after another, good and bad dreams.
Do you also get this experience with DMT?
Another thing I noticed is that I feel quite natural as if I hadn't tried any drug, as if I'm doing something that feels quite natural, do you also feel like that? Or is it because I haven't really felt significant effects yet?

Question? If I don't do it correctly and get no effects should I try again immediately or that will load me up into a super charged crazy experience?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 11/14/2018 11:28:28 PM

Come what may

I always dream moar after DMT, at least I remember moar dreams anyhow. From what I have heard from others, this is common. I often have explained that DMT is like smoking yourself into a weird, super real dream. Dreaming and DMT seem to be related in many ways. After a strong DMT experience I find it hard to remember, it slips away just like a dream right after waking.

Natural? Sometimes DMT feels like the real reality and this is the dream! So yeah.. I can relate to things feeling natural for sure.

If you don't do it correctly, wait about 30 mins to an hour and try again. Try 20mg and work up. I find I enjoy a breakthrough dose much moar than a lighter dose. Lighter doses always feel like one foot in, one foot out sort of thing.

Smoalk Moar!!!! Thumbs up
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

metadimethyl
#3 Posted : 11/15/2018 1:34:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Heard this too much! Actually spent nights reading how DMT enhance dream vividness and clarity. There are few infamous threads on Nexus with various points on how is this possible. My experience with failed Aya/Mimosahuasca is similar- I had crazy vivid, even logical, lucid dreams- quite similar to some of my astral projections (in a way of dream-view, senses, feelings, ego delusion etc.)

As you may know, Ricks' theory[0] is that pineal gland produces and release small amounts of DMT on day-to-day basis:

Quote:
The [...] hypothesis is that the pineal gland produces [...] amounts of DMT at [...] times in our lives. Pineal DMT production is the physical representation of non-material, or energetic, processes. It provides us with the vehicle to consciously experience the movement of our life-force in its most extreme manifestations.

The more actual truth is that DMT traces were found in pineal gland[1][a] but it's not yet confirmed that these are produced by pineal itself, at least not in humans. The pineal gland is responsible for producing DMT only in rats. Read more at sources presented [2][3].

In short, what is science behind this?

Serotonin is used to produce melatonin, former makes you feel good, the latter sends you back to bed and is anti-oxy. Melatonin is being released from pineal gland, and it's also responsible for lucid dreams. While sleeping, it was found out DMT is indeed being released[3], but that does not mean the traces were not present while being awake[4].

Quote:

... (DMT), (bufotenine) and (5-MeO-DMT) have long been accepted as naturally occurring components of human blood, brain and cerebral spinal fluid...
... endogenous [...] [...] playing roles in phenomena such as dreaming, near death experiences (altered states of consciousness). [...] hallucinogens may be involved in the above ASC, however [...] it is the role these [...] play in ordinary sensory perception [...].

Dreaming, psychosis and out of body experiences arise when the release of [...] is not correlated with external events. In this theory waking reality is created in a similar way to altered states except that the normal state correlates with events in the β€˜β€˜physical” world.

With above, my conclusion is that this is yet to be proven; although I have personal experience. Thankfully, this topic is being investigated[5] as we speak right now.

[0] The Spirit Molecule, Dr. Rick Strassman (1990)
[1] https://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3146
[a] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22371425
[2] https://old.reddit.com/r...neal_gland_ever_tripped/
[3] Callaway, J. C. (1988 ). A proposed mechanism for the visions of dream sleep. Medical Hypotheses
[4] Wallach, J. V. (2009). Endogenous hallucinogens as ligands of the trace amine receptors: A possible role in sensory perception. Medical Hypotheses
[5] Barker, S. A. (2018 ). N, N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT), an Endogenous Hallucinogen: Past, Present, and Future Research to Determine Its Role and Function. Frontiers in Neuroscience
We're all logic gates, just with different levels of consciousness.