We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Preparing for my first Ayahuasca journey Options

light quanta
#1 Posted : 11/13/2018 2:10:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, So I know there is a ton of information online and on the nexus about this I just have a few quick things I would like some clarification on. First, I have read that you should prepare two batches in case you purge too quickly. What defines purging too quickly? How long after I ingest is it ok to purge? Second I have read multiple answers to how long you drink the caapi before you drink the mimosa some say 15 mins others say 30 mins, and some say together. Can anyone provide me a definitive answer? So I am going to brew 10 grams mimosa and 100 grams black caapi vine, those should be acceptable doses for a singe person right? Any answers to help me would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jees
#2 Posted : 11/13/2018 10:36:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
... I just have a few quick things I would like some clarification on...
A quest to become spoon fed Razz

Purge too soo = before the intensities are build up. If such a purge happens it's possible that only weakened intensities will follow because dose was lost. With aya it can take 45 to 2 hours before the works start, depending on digestion track speed. Once the intensities are present you cannot loose dose so to speak, any purge from there is not too-soon.
On the odd side there are too-soon purges reported that did got followed by sheer intensities. I suppose it is possible that during the stomach 'contraction' a part of it's content got forced into the bowels to beneficial effect.

Since drinking maoi+spice together (or separate) has a wide variety in timings for different people, you might guess it's a no-brainer and it's hard to do something wrong. The success of a trip depends on many factors and the drink-time between maoi & spice is just one play in that whole of dynamics. It's not a concern actually.

Dose: for a starter I always advise 3 to 4 gr mimo and for caapi a 50 gr dose should work. But degree of activity depend on the efficacy of your brewing, and the activity of your starting material. Powder works best. If shredded then you need a lot of boiling time.
Note that a simple 4 gr mimo can deliver already 80mg of deems if the brew allowed for it's 2% of actives to reach the waters.

You might as well try 50 gr caapi on it's own first, the most elemental form of ayahuasca.

Happy trials wished.