We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I have done a few extractions now but never had this Options

SnipeCookie
#1 Posted : 11/9/2018 2:46:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Materials used: ACRB-shredded, Vinegar, Naphtha, Cuastic Soda

I have done a few extractions now, well maybe 5 or 6, all my prior ones basically looked the same as this:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=70340

I followed a thread in the DMT subreddit forum and it didn't go as well as the write up.

First after following it directly I got nothing but clear NPS

I put it in a heat bath (which wasn't called for, and even discouraged in the tek) and mixed it again with a paint mixer and after separating the NPS was milky
as I was used to.

My final product always looked like the shots posted in the link, pure white crystals.
This time, after pulling the NPS and placing the dish in front of a fan I got this:

After drying overnite:

I've read a lot of people get a goo and it's good, but I've never seen pictures that were similar to this.

I had high hopes for the tek posted but I now regret following anything other than the ones on this website. I just wanted to do a large extraction instead of the 50g teks I'm used to.

*All of my previous 50g extractions were with the same material, this time after running out of material and finding I could no longer get it with ease I jumped through many hoops and spent a lot of time searching until I found the stuff I have now.
I'm not sure if it's the root bark or just a poor job on my end.
*Using the term "I" does not imply any of what I write relates to me personally

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

cosmictaylor
#2 Posted : 11/9/2018 3:16:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks tasty! You can clean it up/re-x if you like. I recommend to try the wax, you may like it Love

SnipeCookie
#3 Posted : 11/9/2018 5:47:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

cosmictaylor wrote:
Looks tasty! You can clean it up/re-x if you like. I recommend to try the wax, you may like it Love

Is there anything I can do to see if it's safe? I thought maybe it still had Naphtha in it or something?

Also, I had something happen that has me feeling uneasy. During one of my shakes the stopped flew out. I thought at the time it was just purely too much pressure but then I realized that if the stopper or top of the flask is wet the stopper wants to come flying out.

As you can imagine, it was scary to have this happen, now I'm worried about how much pressure is in the flask.

With my 50g extractions I used a 1L glass bottle that had one of those clicky tops, I used to press the little button on the lid to give me an idea of there was too much pressure in it. With this new setup I have no idea how much pressure it's building from the warm heat bath and shaking.

I seen at the u-brew store I bought the stopper from that they had some with holes in them, I thought maybe there was a pressure gauge I could insert into one of these but it seems it's for another purpose, is there anyone that's smarter than me that could tell me if this is a valid concern or if I'm just shell shocked from the wet stopper flying out?

SnipeCookie
#4 Posted : 11/9/2018 2:47:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could the reason it looks gooey and nothing like my previous results be due to the reason I left the NPS in the soup so long? (days)

All other times the whole thing was done in a day, this time I've been working with the basic soup in the flask for ~6 days.

I would really like to understand the science of what happened differently and what I should do differently, as well as the science of how much pressure could be in the flask as I shake it.

I put more NPS in yesterday and after I let it separate for many hours it was clear again so I figured it wasn't saturated (like the first picture I posted), this was mixed and put in a heat bath then removed from the heat bath to separate.

So I shook it up again, another heat back and removal for cooling and this morning I come to find this; is that what I think it is in there?!

Some of that white fluff was on top of the NPS until I moved it to get better lighting for the picture, then it fell down onto the top of the soup, is that freebase crystals that the NPS dropped?

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 11/9/2018 11:27:52 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yes that's freebase in the last pictures. Very nice it looks, too. Your use of the heat bath has caused it to recrystallise in the extraction vessel upon cooling. And the bark has most probably released more DMT after soaking with the base for a longer time.

Your first batch came out as goo because of the heat used during the pull. It seems a safe bet to say that you removed the naphtha while it was still warm. DMT-saturated naphtha need not necessarily be yellow.

If you carefully reheat your extraction vessel just a little, some of those beautiful crystals will redissolve. You will then have some very nicely saturated naphtha. Syphon that off into your precipitation vessel. Slow cooling will then afford you some wonderful crystals, with the added advantage of them not floating atop a load of caustic sludge inside an Erlenmeyer flask.

After that, do a couple more pulls on the base soup, etc., until it's exhausted.

It seems like you're going to be very pleased Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

null24
#6 Posted : 11/9/2018 11:57:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Yeah, what he said^^^

The first plate looks very much like what I'd expect from the process you detailed- ACRB, heat bath, etc. Nothing to really add to DFZ's comment, i just wanted to say that it looks like some very nice wax. Stuff is hard to manipulate, but is great to work with.

And also to reiterate that if you follow the steps DFZ outlined, you'll be rewarded with some very nice ACRB Xtals.

Good job!Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

SnipeCookie
#7 Posted : 11/10/2018 1:37:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Yes that's freebase in the last pictures. Very nice it looks, too. Your use of the heat bath has caused it to recrystallise in the extraction vessel upon cooling. And the bark has most probably released more DMT after soaking with the base for a longer time.

Your first batch came out as goo because of the heat used during the pull. It seems a safe bet to say that you removed the naphtha while it was still warm. DMT-saturated naphtha need not necessarily be yellow.

If you carefully reheat your extraction vessel just a little, some of those beautiful crystals will redissolve. You will then have some very nicely saturated naphtha. Syphon that off into your precipitation vessel. Slow cooling will then afford you some wonderful crystals, with the added advantage of them not floating atop a load of caustic sludge inside an Erlenmeyer flask.

After that, do a couple more pulls on the base soup, etc., until it's exhausted.

It seems like you're going to be very pleased Thumbs up

null24 wrote:
Yeah, what he said^^^

The first plate looks very much like what I'd expect from the process you detailed- ACRB, heat bath, etc. Nothing to really add to DFZ's comment, i just wanted to say that it looks like some very nice wax. Stuff is hard to manipulate, but is great to work with.

And also to reiterate that if you follow the steps DFZ outlined, you'll be rewarded with some very nice ACRB Xtals.

Good job!Thumbs up

Thank you both very much. After always getting xtals I was confused with the goo, I have yet to weigh it but it looks like there's a lot there.

I did some more reading today and found the lye could actually crystallize in some cases so I wasn't sure if that was spice or lye, but now I feel more confident in it's safety.

I spent some time trying to research emulsions and have found a few methods people use to break them up, what I was trying to find out is what exactly the emulsion is (what makes it up, NPS and alkaloids, NPS and base soup, NPS and water, etc)

In my research I also read goo tends to appear when you reduce the bark tea too much (which I feel I did do). As this was 10x more material than I've ever used at once I kept the bark just in case, I may try doing a 50-100g tek with it to see if there's anything left in it.

I still can't shake the fear of the flask building too much pressure and popping the stopper out again so I've been very timid with shaking the base/naphtha solution Shocked
Once I weigh what I've got it should give me a good idea on whether or not there's anything left in that base soup.

Thanks again guys!

null24
#8 Posted : 11/10/2018 2:31:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

BTW, that goo looks really "sugary", i bet if you let it sit for a good several days, manipulating it with a razor blade every now and then will get it to harden up a little and not be so runny and sticky.

Makes great enhanced leaf too.

Sometimes with goo, i make up little pre-loaded pipes for a session, each one containing a hit so that one does not need to play around with it while high, or to be passed around among friends. I'll use glass eye droppers for that, that i break the small tip off of and then sandwich a good dose of goo between two balls of chore boy. Used with a torch they are great for a single use, but the glass isn't good for much more than that. Obviously, the glass is removed from the plastic cap and rubber bulb prior to construction and use, but can be put back together. These are also pretty stealth and can be protected from breakage in transport (deep into the old-growth, for example) by simply replacing the stoppers into the bottle cap and placing into the original empty bottle.

Happy trails with that stuff. Say hi to whatever is out there. Or in there.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

SnipeCookie
#9 Posted : 11/11/2018 7:08:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It does look "sugary", I squished it to the sides of a little shot glass and let it dry for over a day. It looks like cookie dough or something, still sugary.

I vaporized a small amount of it, it gave a strong burning sensation on my lips and tongue. I found a thread where someone asked about this sensation and most said it shouldn't happen but if it does it's likely just the spice landing on those areas.

I will try a break-through amount today!

Edit:
Here is the result after spreading and drying as mentioned above: