CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[10 Mg DMT] First experience : fear and questions Options

Reveur
#1 Posted : 9/28/2018 11:31:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

SWIM had his first experience this morning, using 10 Mg DMT in a GVG and a good lighter.
The effects were intense and frightening.
First, he'd like to know if all these effects were "normal" (aka expected) and second, where to go from there.

In detail :

His goal is spiritual awakening, learning more about human consciousness, discovering more about this reality.
He never used recreational drugs, and doesn't intend to.

He made intensive researches on DMT for a few months, became very interested and decided to make some.
Bought some roots and made the whole extraction himself.

What spiked his interest for DMT was the similitudes with his sleeping experiences.
Sometimes, when he falls asleep, his ears emit a loud sound (or rather a strong vibration), then lights flashes in front of his eyes, then he sees and hears peoples, who sometimes even move his sleeping body around (he's already asleep and doesn't really move, but the experience feels real), then he enters a lucid dream.
He thought DMT had the same effects, so it'd be very easy for him...and oh boy was he wrong.

The 10 Mg DMT experience :

For his first try, he put himself in a good state of mind and environment, loads the pipe with 10 mg (no sandwich, pure DMT), takes a hit and can't hold the vapor in.
Tries to inhale through nose and mouth at the same time, but it doesn't help.
He feels forced to inhale very little vapor each time, to be able to hold it in.

Questions :
- will he get used to the vapor through practice?
- should he try inhaling water vapor in order to get used to it?
- is the sandwich method easier for holding it in?

When he was able to hold the vapor in, the sensations were very strong and not pleasant at all.
Loud high pitch sound at the back of his throat, going up and up.
Sensation of leaving his body; if he closes his eyes, feeling like a big ball of energy on top of his head, was ripping his consciousness out of his body.
Sweating (not profusely), had to remove his shirt.
Slightly distorded sounds, creating high pitch echos.
During the experience, his first reflex was to doubt and fear heavily, and think "I gotta throw of all the remaining powder into the toilets, what the hell am I doing?!? Going to kill myself? For what goal? Couldn't I gain spiritual growth any other way? Etc.".
He still didn't fight the substance, knowing it was the worst thing to do, focused on his body sensations.

Questions :
- he had no visual, he rather "felt" the ball of energy (could even give a very precise description of it), but never saw it with his eyes.
Is this expected? He read that people always have visuals at this dosage, and that no visual is a "user error".
- same for the high pitch sound : he didn't hear it, he "felt" it. Is this expected?
- 10 Mg was already very intense; will it be even more intense at other low dosages? (20 / 30 Mg). Or will they just be more detailed? He's quite fearfull of a stronger body sensation than this.
- have other people been so afraid with such low dosage, that they thought about quitting?
Will it interefere with his next steps with the molecule? Must he learn to control his fear, before going on, or will the fear lessen with experience?
- would you advise him to directly go for 50 Mg? (knowing he really doesn't feel comfortable trying this dosage).

TL;DR :
SWIM used 10 Mg DMT, was very afraid of the body sensations (especially the sensation of consciousness being ripped apart from his body).
He feels perplex, not knowing if this sensation was expected.
Should he get accustomed to low dosage, before even thinking about a breakthrough?
Or should he jump head first into the 50 Mg rabbit hole (which he really doesn't want to do, for now)?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
I think I needed to post it, at least to get it out of my head.
If you can share some lights, it'd be very appreciated. Smile

with a seemingly autonomous entity after taking DMT?

ajlala
#2 Posted : 9/29/2018 12:14:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Reveur wrote:

His goal is spiritual awakening, learning more about human consciousness, discovering more about this reality.
He never used recreational drugs, and doesn't intend to.

You had an interesting and common, low-dose experience. You could try repeating it at a slightly higher, but still sub-breakthrough, dose.

DMT is one of the strongest psychedelics, due to its ability to easily cause "breakthroughs" - although at least short-lasting ones.

I'm not sure it's such a good idea to jump straight in to a breakthrough dose (e.g. above 30-40mg), if you don't have experience with other psychedelics first. It's rather "jumping in the deep end of the swimming pool".

It might be a good idea to start with LSD, Psilocybin, or even LSA. And then "work your way up to DMT", when you have experience and training with the other psychedelics under your belt.

I would work more with the other psychedelics, to gain tripping experience, before doing a breakthrough dose of DMT.

ajlala
#3 Posted : 9/29/2018 12:33:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A very similar discussion, btw, if it's helpful:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=29273

Reveur
#4 Posted : 9/29/2018 1:01:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your answers ajlala.

The thread you linked was very helpfull also.
I'm going to read through this forum, which surely contains a mountain of usefull information.

LittleMoro
#5 Posted : 9/29/2018 1:41:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tony wrote:
vovin wrote:
Just because you handled the lower dosages don't think you can easily handle the breakthrough.

I'll second this. For me there isn't even really any similarity between a low dose and a breakthrough dose. To me a low dose just feels like an uncomfortable and quite strong psilocybin type of thing. I went straight for the jackpot when I first took DMT and it gave me a bit of a hyperslap, but I don't think I would have been any less in awe and terror if I had worked my way up with lower doses first. At some point there has to be the leap off the cliff into the crazy place with impossible objects, intense sounds and (sometimes) very scary, very real characters in it... I don't think lower doses will really do much to make that cliff any lower. Although if someone has never experienced any psychedelics before it may be a good idea to start with a lower dose to acquaint themselves to the sorts of shifts of perspective that are possible. I had tried many drugs before DMT and had experienced very intense shifts in reality (such as the commonly experienced void and infinite loop of fly agarics) but still none of them really prepared me fully for what DMT can do.

Perhaps taking a look at this https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=30533

Reveur
#6 Posted : 10/12/2018 12:29:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your answers, really helped.
A little follow-up, in case other beginners find themselves in the same situation.

SWIM decided to get used to the spice, by using micro doses (between 5 and 10 Mg).

The first time, he panicked during 1 sec (during his last experience, the panic lasted a good 30 sec), then came back to his senses.
He was able to better analyse what was happening to his body and mind : he felt his head vibrate, then his consciousness beginning to be extracted.

The second time (this morning at 1AM), he went Very slowly into the experience, taking less than 5 Mg to begin with.
He felt the presence of the spice around him, powerful but non threatening.
A little detail : lowering his chin a few centimeters, as a sign of respect, really seemed to help, for some reason.

He then took multiple doses of 5 then 10 Mg, separated by less than 10 minutes each.
The effect grew stronger and stronger, until he began to feel a separation between his mind and body.
This time, no panic : he was controling his breath, and let the spice control the rest.
It was a calm and intense experience.

He began to see, his eyes closed, geomatric figures forming (in particular a bent tube, which was containing morphing rings slowly rotating inside it).
It ressembled a little bit at this, with only 1 tube :

The total experience lasted for more than 1 hour.

He now feels confident to go forward, like if the spice has accepted him (or he accepted the spice, don't know).

TL;DR : if like SWIM, your first experience threatens to blow your mind and is too strong, try micro-dosing to get used to the sensations, it can really help.

PS : he didn't feel any body resistance build-up to the spice, while taking multiple hits.
Each time was as intense (or even more), than the last one.

drn
#7 Posted : 10/15/2018 12:55:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

1 hour? Wow. Reading your post, I'm thinking you are already very far ahead of most of us. If you are already used to nearly astral project in your everyday life and having such an intense experience that lasts an hour. Please post again, I want to hear your stories Smile I completed a similar phase, I want to use my next batch for higher amounts of spice.

Reveur
#8 Posted : 10/28/2018 1:25:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM had an other micro dose experience today.
He sat on his bed, loaded about 15 mg, inhaled.
No fear, no apprehension, no last moment regret when the effects kicked in (which is new).

It seems each session teaches him something : this time it was about proper preparation for when he'll take a big dose.

After inhalation, his perception went half a meter out of his body, and he saw his throat and lungs with a transparent effect (like an X-ray scan, but showing flesh, not bones).
It was apparent that the top of his lungs weren't filling enough, they moved too little, appeared very small.
He understood his arched position wasn't effective to breath properly, and had to correct it.

Then he felt the urge to bend forward, like if he was going to sleep on his own lap, still sitted.
The position wasn't confortable : when he'll take a bigger dose and pass out, he needs something to lay on.
He tried getting on a comfortable sleeping position, but felt little shocks of electricity on his side, telling him it wasn't the proper position for him.
He saw / felt a mini wooden desk, on his lap, and thinks he now has to build it, in order to go on.

In the next sessions, he'll continue to slowly go towards his goal, the breakthrough.

drn wrote:
1 hour? Wow.

Sorry, I think I didn't word it properly.
SWIM took several micro-doses, which cumulated lasted 1 hour.
But each lasted for a short period of time.

1uvakind
#9 Posted : 10/28/2018 2:40:41 PM

*The Plant Whisperer*

For someone whos never done any experimenting with any drugs n especially no previous psychedelic experience you sure did pick a good one to start with... Ha... Its the strongest psychedelic known to man...Ive been using drugs n psychedelics pretty much my whole life n I thought I was "ready"...Ha... Nope... I don't think anything can prepare you for the intensity of that first good hit/exhale...I handled it pretty well considering I suppose... My first experience was with 60-70mgs in one big successful toke... Not on purpose I didn't have a mg scale n eyeballed my dose... Bout 1.5 seconds after exhale I was like "Oh Shit😦"...I know reading about DMT n researching its fascinating... But to actually ingest it is a whole different thing... I dosed too much too fast my first few times bc of inexperience n lack of a proper scale n it kinda shook me the second time n made me a little hesitant to load "Breakthrough" size doses... Now that i have a scale i use 20-25mg doses... Im workin my way back up but im in no rush n dont smoke often...to b honest bc of the "too much too fast" experiences I've had a little pre flight anxiety each time since n I've read alot on here bout how to handle it... The best advice ive gathered so far is to trust that ur gonna b ok no matter what n to trust the medicine n whatever it has in store for u n to kinda have a "Warrior" mentality when goin for that committed dose... Im upping my dose to 30-35mgs next time i step to the plate but I'm currently on abt a month long break so itll b a minute...
Have fun man n I hope everything works out for you sounds like ur on the right track... 👽✌
*GROW*

Reveur
#10 Posted : 11/9/2018 12:30:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM had an other experience today.

It seems each session brings a specific knowledge.
This time, it was about where the DMT world(s) is(are).

He began this session quite nervous (more than usual), about what was about to come.
He loaded about 20 mg and inhaled.
A voice, which seemed to be his, began repeating sentences, in a loop.
"Everything is alright, everything is alright, everything is alright, ...".
He quickly became calm, listening to his toughts / this voice.

Then he loaded again, a little more, and inhaled.
The voice / his thoughts, repeated to hold the vapor in, as long as he could.
"Hold it in, hold it in, hold it in, ..."
Still saying everything is alright, in a loop.

For whatever reason, he asked himself if he could trust that voice.
If this entity wanted to trap him inside an other world.
A little bit of paranoia during this session.

He then saw a large metallic sphere, morphing and turning, coming towards him.
He understood this was some kind of room, with openings on the sides, and linked to other rooms (which he couldn't see).

To describe it, the sphere had the density of the left one, with the morphing ability of the right one :

At this point, his body was vibrating.
He understood where the room (and the world it is linked to) is : in the exact same place as his own world, but at an other vibration, in other frequency, in an other Hertz.
Changing the body's vibration lets the mind perceive the associated world.
Our world has its own vibration, this other one has its own too.
They occupy the same space (in a 3D logic), but don't mix, as their vibrations are different.

Over all, this session was much less mystical / magical than the previous ones.
It was down to earth, showing him things without the special FX.
Maybe he doesn't need them anymore, in order to get his attention focused (?).
Next session might answer this.

1uvakind wrote:
Ive been using drugs n psychedelics pretty much my whole life n I thought I was "ready"...Ha... Nope... I don't think anything can prepare you for the intensity of that first good hit/exhale...I handled it pretty well considering I suppose... My first experience was with 60-70mgs in one big successful toke... Not on purpose I didn't have a mg scale n eyeballed my dose... Bout 1.5 seconds after exhale I was like "Oh Shit😦"...I know reading about DMT n researching its fascinating... But to actually ingest it is a whole different thing.

Hahaha, I can't imagine what you've been through, friend. Smile
With only 15 Mg, I thought I had it rought....with 65 Mg, must have been quite a ride.
Good luck with your next step at 35 Mg.
Take care.

NikkiPotnick1981
#11 Posted : 11/16/2018 8:40:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey man. Sounds like you had an experience. You said you didnt fight it. It sounds like you did. This is very reminiscent of my first (bad) experience on DMT. Like you I had no psychedelic experience. The first 5 times were beautiful with excellent visuals. I to cocky and the 6th time I jacked it up to 60mg and my world was shattered. I panicked by the intensity and absolutely freaked out. I ripped my clothes off and rolled on the floor trying to escape my head. I couldn't until the effects wore off. I laid on the floor in my girl friends lap speechless. It was the most frightening experience I've ever had by a long shot.

I was advised to go backwards and dabble in mushrooms and LSD to warm up to the space. It has served me well.

I recommend you do the same. DMT is no joke and once if feels like one it'll kick the living shyt out of you. I truly feel traumatized by the 6th experience. It was so violently physical that I fought tooth and nail to stay alive. In this world, you need to accept death. You are dying after all.

You have to be able to let go if you wanna navigate this world. Its not a conscious decision to let go, btw. Try meditation before. You need to feel as though you are absolutely at peace before you go in. Thats real hard to do with pre trip jitters.

If you dont want to use mushrooms and LSD, I'd navigate the 10-15mg dose for a dozen times. Really believe that the substance can be trusted. In that space, our ego lies to us and creates so much doubt. Really get your set and setting down in this time too.

I wouldnt jump to a heroic dose. You, like me, may cheat it, exhale too soon, and just freak the fuk out. Good luck traveller and stay safe.