We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
First manske extraction, some help please? Options

Sakkadelic
#21 Posted : 11/8/2018 6:35:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i mean if you got nothing on the second PH increase then the separation didn't work properly for whatever reason, and if you want you can combine it with anything that comes form the lye basing and redo the separation.. did the alkaloids that precipitated on the first raise look like harmine in phlux's tek?
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jagube
#22 Posted : 11/8/2018 8:50:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If using a microwave to re-dissolve your Manske crystals, be careful. Microwaves tend to make solutions explode due to the buildup of vapors. I've recently blown up a glass, it broke into pieces and its contents spilt over the inside of the microwave. I've also had sunflower oil explode and mess my microwave up.

The solution to this is to put a small inert object in the receptacle that goes in the mic. A grain of rice should do. I use my magnetic stir bar.
An inert object provides nucleation points, which helps prevent those dangerous buildups.

Locoboy wrote:
I have read reports that THH alone does produce a calming, zen like effect without the body load of other Harmala alkaloids. And that it's also a weak SRI. I am eager to test its synergy with other harmaloids, i would start with a ratio of 1:1:0,3 Harmine:THH:Harmaline respectively.

I've tested combinations of the three alkaloids at various ratios, including one similar to yours. And my observation is that the addition of crude Rue tea (e.g. so that 1/3 total alkaloid content comes from the tea and the other 2/3 from extracted alkaloids) adds a lot, it gives it a fuller, more natural feeling.
For me, the main motivation for doing a Manske extraction is to adjust the harmine:harmaline ratio and to produce THH. If not for that, I'd be drinking crude tea.

Despite trying many different ratios, I haven't managed to reproduce anything quite like Caapi. Reproducing the harmine:THH:harmaline ratios reported in literature as represenative of Ayahuasca brews doesn't seem to lead to Caapi-like experiences. Caapi has a certain physical, in-the-body quality, which these three alkaloids seem to fail to mediate. All the alkaloid ratios I've tried have felt very 'heady' to me.

Locoboy
#23 Posted : 11/10/2018 2:22:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
i mean if you got nothing on the second PH increase then the separation didn't work properly for whatever reason, and if you want you can combine it with anything that comes form the lye basing and redo the separation.. did the alkaloids that precipitated on the first raise look like harmine in phlux's tek?

I combined them all, I added lye just in case, barely any harmaline (?) precipitated. This batch was from a small quantity, so it was not much, Harmine itself was not that much but Harmaline was really low yielding. No, they did not look like harmine, they looked more like sand precipitating. I saw that Phlux did 3 separations, 1 in 7 PH, 1 in 8,75, 1 at the maximum. Per Tao of Rue tek i did two, one at 8,75, 1 at the maximum. Waiting for the other 2 batches that have much larger quantities to see what i am going to yield.

Just to make sure i got the process right, at the final separation step: I make the solution basic at 8,75 PH or I beging by doing it at 7 and then at 8,75. I let the precipitates settle, i filter them with coffee filter, I collect the Harmine. Then to the water that passed through the filter i add sodium carbonate until it reaches a PH of 11 or something along those lines. That's all right? No need to make the water that passed through the filter (the one with mostly harmaline remaining in it) acid first and then basic.

Locoboy
#24 Posted : 11/10/2018 2:47:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
If using a microwave to re-dissolve your Manske crystals, be careful. Microwaves tend to make solutions explode due to the buildup of vapors. I've recently blown up a glass, it broke into pieces and its contents spilt over the inside of the microwave. I've also had sunflower oil explode and mess my microwave up.

The solution to this is to put a small inert object in the receptacle that goes in the mic. A grain of rice should do. I use my magnetic stir bar.
An inert object provides nucleation points, which helps prevent those dangerous buildups.

Locoboy wrote:
I have read reports that THH alone does produce a calming, zen like effect without the body load of other Harmala alkaloids. And that it's also a weak SRI. I am eager to test its synergy with other harmaloids, i would start with a ratio of 1:1:0,3 Harmine:THH:Harmaline respectively.

I've tested combinations of the three alkaloids at various ratios, including one similar to yours. And my observation is that the addition of crude Rue tea (e.g. so that 1/3 total alkaloid content comes from the tea and the other 2/3 from extracted alkaloids) adds a lot, it gives it a fuller, more natural feeling.
For me, the main motivation for doing a Manske extraction is to adjust the harmine:harmaline ratio and to produce THH. If not for that, I'd be drinking crude tea.

Despite trying many different ratios, I haven't managed to reproduce anything quite like Caapi. Reproducing the harmine:THH:harmaline ratios reported in literature as represenative of Ayahuasca brews doesn't seem to lead to Caapi-like experiences. Caapi has a certain physical, in-the-body quality, which these three alkaloids seem to fail to mediate. All the alkaloid ratios I've tried have felt very 'heady' to me.

I am not using a microwave, just boiling the manske solution at the stove of my kitchen. Will keep that in mind if I use a microwave in the future. For sure what you said will come in handy for anyone that does it that way!

For 5 months I was using crude Rue tea in quantities that equaled 4-8 grams of seeds daily along with 20-30 mg DMT crystals once or twice per day. From time to time (about every 2 weeks) I would dive in with 100-120 mg of crystals+Rue. Deep healing, lots of magical moments. At the end of the 5 months I seemed to have developed a major tolerance. That's when I started combining Moclobemide with Rue tea. And somewhere along that combo I fucked up. My old "bad" self came back in. 1 month before starting to try that combo I had a bad LSD trip and that's where toxic subconscious thought patterns and behaviors started coming back with a vengeance. Anyway, things to share here in the future...

Crude tea was serving me right to the point where I deemed it not worthy to do extractions. Just boiling, some filtering, reducing it so that 1 ml of liquid equaled ~1 gram of seeds. I do not have much experience with Caapi. Even 100 grams boiled in the past did not equal 4 grams of Rue seeds...Dunno, I must not have stumbled in strong Caapi. Have you tried it THH on its own?

Sakkadelic
#25 Posted : 11/10/2018 9:32:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Check this thread by blue.magic.. i think it has the answer to your problem, i don't remember the details but my understanding is that the seperation PH points are not fixed and influenced by some factors..
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Locoboy
#26 Posted : 11/11/2018 1:35:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much my friend, going to check it out now Smile

PREV12