We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
No Lye - Extremely Impressed with Lime Vinegar Options

Rainner
#1 Posted : 11/8/2018 3:32:27 PM

Stay completely Open and Fluid if you wan't to evolve.... Nothing is static

This is probably not news for some, but I feel I should share this.

I’ve been testing ideas from multiple TEK’s and I have to say that a lye free extraction was quite impressive; So much so, that I will never go back to using a caustic solution again.

What was so impressive to me was:

- No dangerous caustic solution making it much easier, safer, and faster to work with

- No caustic solution to dispose of, much better for the environment.

- extremely clean on the first pull

The first pull was very white and fluffy. It looked so good; I tested it without washing it. Results were it was not harsh at all, it was just what I like and better than any extraction I’ve done using a caustic solution with multiple washes.

Later I will wash a test batch for a comparison but as it stands, it is the best results I have ever had in all my experiments with less work and far less risk from prepping to ingestion.

I used pickling lime and vinegar.

As we awaken we understand we are the creators of our own reality... Everything happens for a reason.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 11/8/2018 3:41:42 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

As I've mentioned repeatedly over the years, it's possible to make an effective lye if you really need to by mixing sodium carbonate with your lime. This works well enough for an A/B with MHRB.

Caustic waste is easily disposed of by mixing it with more vinegar.

Still, it's great to hear that lime alone has worked out so well for you.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

blue.magic
#3 Posted : 11/8/2018 3:45:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe the concerns of using lye are more towards food safety, then environmenal safety.

Once diluted, sodium hydroxide will form various more or less harmless sodium salts. Of course, one can neutralize it with muriatic acid to sodium chloride, i.e. table salt. Although salt being pollutant by itself, a dozen grams or so are not an issue.

But I am so glad to see people doing the food safe green teks Smile Keep up the good job!

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/8/2018 3:53:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

By using food grade lime with food grade sodium carbonate (from heating the bicarbonate), the resulting sodium hydroxide solution can be reasonably assumed to be food grade as well. Or with a little effort, one can purchase food grade lye (E524).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Rainner
#5 Posted : 11/8/2018 5:15:51 PM

blue.magic wrote:
I believe the concerns of using lye are more towards food safety, then environmenal safety.

Once diluted, sodium hydroxide will form various more or less harmless sodium salts. Of course, one can neutralize it with muriatic acid to sodium chloride, i.e. table salt. Although salt being pollutant by itself, a dozen grams or so are not an issue.

But I am so glad to see people doing the food safe green teks Smile Keep up the good job!

Thank you for your input Blue! I should have thought a bit more prior to writing and posting my statement on environmental safely as lye can be neutralized as you and downwardsfromzero state. Smile

Anyway, thanks again both of you for your input.
As we awaken we understand we are the creators of our own reality... Everything happens for a reason.

Rainner
#6 Posted : 11/8/2018 5:18:16 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Caustic waste is easily disposed of by mixing it with more vinegar.

Still, it's great to hear that lime alone has worked out so well for you.

Thank you for your input downwards Smile

Also I'm not sure if this had a bearing on my results, but after I added my lime, I let it sit for about 5 days prior to the first pull.

Again, thanks!