We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
mescaline hcl vs cactus difference in experience? Options

eel
#21 Posted : 11/8/2018 8:48:17 AM

infant in the infinite

Thanks for all the replies and useful information, i just feel so excited. I feel the more i explore, the more there is to explore.
psychedelia inc.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

pete666
#22 Posted : 11/8/2018 11:49:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From another point of view - pure extracted mescaline HCl allows me to use it rectally, which allows me to have experience without any unpleasant stomach feelings. The overall connection with the body is much lower with this ROA.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

endlessness
#23 Posted : 11/8/2018 1:36:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
In my experience, cacti are different each time. Cacti, no matter what species or strain, are never the same in the experience they produce. Their alkaloid profile varies enormously, even within the same strain.

It's not just the mescaline content that varies. There's also something in cacti, that dulls the effects of mescaline. Maybe it is not one single substance even. It's sonething with a sedative effect. Mescaline itself doesn't have that.

That sedative compound (or compounds) also varies.

I'm sorry to insist on this idea so much but I really think we need to be careful with wording, otherwise we are possibly spreading misinformation.

It is fine to say "I feel sedation when consuming some cactus but not others" , you are simply sharing your experience and we can take it as truth without the need for further evidence, but when you say "the alkaloid profile varies enormously even within the same strain" and then say there's "something with a sedative effect" that isn't mescaline and saying "the compound varies", that goes beyond the realm of subjective experience and you are making an affirmation that needs to be backed up . If you prefaced those claims with "this is my hypothesis", again, it would be different and you wouldn't be required to back up that claim.

So please, either back up what you just said or be more careful with your wording.

neb
#24 Posted : 11/8/2018 2:06:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

there are very few instances with psychedelics where there are any definitive objective characteristics.

Also I agree with endlessness, when I used to scour the internet for psychedelic-related information I stumbled upon a hell of a lot of misinformation, I also realised that DMT-Nexus is one of the largest psychedelic information websites on the internet, if i ever lookup DMT-related information DMT-Nexus is usually the first couple of results. Therefor I feel it is obligatory for us to all use updated and valid information. And try and mitigate any misinformation that may arise.

Endlessness probably endlessly tries to stress this point.
wake 'n breakthrough bebiii

dragonrider
#25 Posted : 11/8/2018 5:59:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
dragonrider wrote:
In my experience, cacti are different each time. Cacti, no matter what species or strain, are never the same in the experience they produce. Their alkaloid profile varies enormously, even within the same strain.

It's not just the mescaline content that varies. There's also something in cacti, that dulls the effects of mescaline. Maybe it is not one single substance even. It's sonething with a sedative effect. Mescaline itself doesn't have that.

That sedative compound (or compounds) also varies.

I'm sorry to insist on this idea so much but I really think we need to be careful with wording, otherwise we are possibly spreading misinformation.

It is fine to say "I feel sedation when consuming some cactus but not others" , you are simply sharing your experience and we can take it as truth without the need for further evidence, but when you say "the alkaloid profile varies enormously even within the same strain" and then say there's "something with a sedative effect" that isn't mescaline and saying "the compound varies", that goes beyond the realm of subjective experience and you are making an affirmation that needs to be backed up . If you prefaced those claims with "this is my hypothesis", again, it would be different and you wouldn't be required to back up that claim.

So please, either back up what you just said or be more careful with your wording.

Yeah, you are right. So, let me rephrase it then: i have personally felt sedative effects from cacti, AND at least wikipedia says that pellotine, a compound that's present in peyote, is a sedative. As i have also experienced sedation from torches, i speculated that 1-the sedation i felt was caused by this compound, pellotine, and 2-that either pellotine or substances simmilar to pellotine, where also present in those torches.

Praxis.
#26 Posted : 11/8/2018 8:34:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can say my experiences with synthetic mescaline felt more stimulating and lucid, and it didn't seem to put me "out there" quite like a full spectrum extract. I consistently experienced nausea with both during the first few hours and the duration seemed more or less the same.

Isolated or synthetic HCL is still fantastic but I'd definitely recommend the full-spec approach.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

PREV12