«PREV789
Scientific Articles on DMT/Ayahuasca/Psychedelics Options

paulsage
#161 Posted : 9/20/2018 7:12:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://gizmodo.com/scie...happened-was-1829191638

That's a darn lucky octopus...
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

with a seemingly autonomous entity after taking DMT?

dreamer042
#162 Posted : 9/20/2018 10:01:34 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

An interesting study, but highly flawed.

The experiment needs to be repeated with a funktion one blasting Tipper and a few hundred glowsticks in the tank. Cool

full article is attached:
Edsinger, Eric and Dölen, Gül (2018 ) A conserved role for serotonergic neurotransmission in mediating social behavior in octopus. Current Biology, DOI: 10.1016/j.cub.2018.07.061
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Simply_Me
#163 Posted : 9/21/2018 2:02:16 AM

Live the Life you Love

I think there are flaws in the assumption that we have a centralized nervous system and point to recent advancements that both the gut (often called the second brain) and the heart (incorrectly left out of the brain numbering system:grinSmile send more data to the brain than the brain sends to them which sounds decentralized to me. Second thing that rubs me wrong is saying the octopus has no reward center. Rather presumptuous of us to think we know everything there is to know and what each part of this decentralized nervous system does.
I realize that no one book, one person, or even one ideology will have all the answers. I believe my job is to remain open yet discriminating. My intuition helps me discern truth, and wisdom helps me identify malicious intentions.

paulsage
#164 Posted : 9/21/2018 10:02:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
The experiment needs to be repeated with a funktion one blasting Tipper and a few hundred glowsticks in the tank. Cool

I'd pay big money to see a raving octopus with a glow stick in each tentacle... XD
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

endlessness
#165 Posted : 10/14/2018 1:06:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone help me out finding any of these publications:

Cactus alkaloids. XXXVI. Mescaline and related compounds from Trichocereus peruvianus.

Serrano, C.A.,2008.Avances en la fitogeografía química del género Trichocereus en
el sur del Perú.Quepo 22,29–34.

Gonzalez Huerta,I.,1960.Identificación de la mescalina contenida en el Trichocereus
pachanoi (San Pedro).RevistadelViernesMédico[Lima]11,133–137..

Agurell, S.,1969a.Identificatio nof alkaloid intermediates by gaschromatography–
mass spectrometry.I.Potential mescaline precursors in Trichocereus species.
Lloydia 32,40–45.

Poisson, J.,1960.Présence de mescaline dans une Cactacée péruvienne.Annales
Pharmaceutiques Franc¸ aises18,764–765.

Bruhn, J.G.,Lundström,J.,1976.A student’s experiment in pharmacognosy: biosyn-
thesis of mescaline in thecactus Trichocereus pachanoi. American Journal of
Pharmaceutical Education 40,159–160.

Reyna Pinedo,V.,Flores Garcés,J.,2001.El uso del “San Pedro”(Echinopsis pachanoi)
en medicina tradicional peruana.Quepo 15,28–37.

Explorateur
#166 Posted : 10/15/2018 8:59:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Agurell, S.,1969a.Identification of alkaloid intermediates by gaschromatography–
mass spectrometry.I.Potential mescaline precursors in Trichocereus species.
Lloydia 32,40–45.

Here you have.

endlessness
#167 Posted : 10/16/2018 12:10:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Trickster
#168 Posted : 11/7/2018 12:29:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychoplastogens: A Promising Class of Plasticity-Promoting Neurotherapeutics.
David E Olson
Journal of Experimental Neuroscience Volume 12: 1–4, Aug.2018
DOI: 10.1177/1179069518800508

Abstract

Neural plasticity-the ability to change and adapt in response to stimuli is an essential aspect of healthy brain function and, in principle, can be harnessed to promote recovery from a wide variety of brain disorders. Many neuropsychiatric diseases including mood, anxiety, and substance use disorders arise from an inability to weaken and/or strengthen pathologic and beneficial circuits, respectively, ultimately leading to maladaptive behavioral responses. Thus, compounds capable of facilitating the structural and functional reorganization of neural circuits to produce positive behavioral effects have broad therapeutic potential. Several known drugs and experimental therapeutics have been shown to promote plasticity, but most rely on indirect mechanisms and are slow-acting. Here, I describe psychoplastogens a relatively new class of fast-acting therapeutics, capable of rapidly promoting structural and functional neural plasticity. Psychoplastogenic compounds include psychedelics, ketamine, and several other recently discovered fast-acting antidepressants. Their use in psychiatry represents a paradigm shift in our approach to treating brain disorders as we focus less on rectifying "chemical imbalances" and place more emphasis on achieving selective modulation of neural circuits.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Trickster
#169 Posted : 11/7/2018 12:35:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dark Classics in Chemical Neuroscience: N,N‑Dimethyltryptamine (DMT)
Lindsay P. Cameron & David E. Olson
ACS Chem Neurosci. 2018 Oct 17;9(10):2344-2357.
doi: 10.1021/acschemneuro.8b00101

Abstract

Though relatively obscure, N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is an important molecule in psychopharmacology as it is the archetype for all indole-containing serotonergic psychedelics. Its structure can be found embedded within those of better-known molecules such as lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) and psilocybin. Unlike the latter two compounds, DMT is ubiquitous, being produced by a wide variety of plant and animal species. It is one of the principal psychoactive components of ayahuasca, a tisane made from various plant sources that has been used for centuries.
Furthermore, DMT is one of the few psychedelic compounds produced endogenously by mammals, and its biological function in human physiology remains a mystery. In this review, we cover the synthesis of DMT as well as its pharmacology, metabolism, adverse effects, and potential use in medicine. Finally, we discuss the history of DMT in chemical neuroscience and why this underappreciated molecule is so important to the field of psychedelic science.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

«PREV789