We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[ATTITUDE] Change to {No synthesis talk that uses dangerous/watched chemicals and procedures} Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 8/31/2018 6:19:42 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Dear members,

The following change has been made to this Attitude part of our combined knowledge (the changes have been made italic):

Quote:
No synthesis talk that uses dangerous/watched chemicals and procedures
Discussion of simple safe non-commercial synthesis not requiring watched chemicals are tolerated (example: the reduction of DMT N-oxide to DMT with zinc, or the supposed LSA-to-LSH conversion).

Members who have been given the chemical expert status, indicated by the flask icon, are allowed to discuss these topics at their own discretion for harm reduction purposes. Also a reminder to these flask holders: be aware of your knowledge!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 8/31/2018 6:23:52 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

thanks Big grin
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 8/31/2018 6:31:27 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

benzyme wrote:
thanks Big grin

Thumbs up
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Trickster
#4 Posted : 11/6/2018 11:57:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

"dangerous/watched chemicals and procedures"

These are pretty vague definitions. E.g. lists of watched chemicals differ from country to country. Can somebody elaborate on this issue?
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

benzyme
#5 Posted : 11/7/2018 12:04:48 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

basically anything on the TSCA list in the US.
Ordering anything on that list from major suppliers/distributors is bound to elicit questions.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

KloudQ7
#6 Posted : 11/7/2018 7:02:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is coca talk still prohibited? It's pretty safe in my opinion.

Trickster
#7 Posted : 11/7/2018 8:56:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Correct me if I am wrong, but

- Tryptophan,
- Melatonin,
- Tetralin,
- Formalin,
- Sodium borohydride,
- DCM,
- Heptane,
- Methanol,

are not on the list, right?
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 11/7/2018 9:17:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

KloudQ7, what do you mean coca talk? Talking about coca leaves? Talking about using cocaine? talking about extracting cocaine from coca leaves?

Trickster, why that specific list of chemicals?

Formalin (formaldehyde) is carcinogenic, methanol is relatively toxic. If you want to talk about a proceedure that uses both of those, you'll have to be very explicit on the dangers, how to avoid them, etc. Proper disclaimers, proper safety measures, etc. That will make it more ok to talk about. Either way feel free to pm a moderator if you are in doubt about something you want to post

benzyme
#9 Posted : 11/7/2018 3:19:20 PM

analytical chemist

those can be used to convert tryptophan to tryptamine. missing glacial acetic acid, which is on TSCA inventory.

a little razzle dazzle with some of those can convert melatonin to pinoline, not 5-MeO-DMT, because it's most likely going to undergo Pictet-Spengler.

KloudQ7
#10 Posted : 11/8/2018 12:51:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, I was talking about extracting cocaine from the leaves. I've been told not to mention it and I wasn't exactly sure why other than that it's partially a synthesis.

benzyme
#11 Posted : 11/20/2018 5:41:41 AM

analytical chemist

Trickster wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but

- Tryptophan,
- Melatonin,
- Tetralin,
- Formalin,
- Sodium borohydride,
- DCM,
- Heptane,
- Methanol,

are not on the list, right?

these are available through commercial routes. discretion lies upon the end user. Thumbs up

examples of no-no's: Lithium Aluminum Hydride, Indole Oxalyl Chloride.

moyshekapoyre
#12 Posted : 12/2/2019 7:48:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That TSCA list is insane. It includes basically everything, including peanuts. The government is watching how many peanuts I eat? lol..