We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Three Hits Options

SeekingPelican
#1 Posted : 10/31/2018 12:28:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Up to this point I've always gone for the 'one hit wonder'. Seems logical to get it all in in one shot and hold it. But I've always had Joe Rogan's 'you've gotta take three' in the back of my mind. Reading through the Nexus it seems like the community is pretty split on the subject. I figured it wouldn't hurt to see first-hand what, if any, difference there may be between the two administration techniques. Used a Yocan Evolve plus w/ ceramic for this test.

First hit: a gentle 2 second draw, hold for 3 seconds, exhale. Noted small amount of vapor float away.

Second hit: a bit deeper. 4 seconds with a 5 seconds hold. Starting to feel it a wee bit.

Third hit: vigorous inhale for 6 seconds (ish) and this is where I really feel the onset come on strong. I think I managed to hold it for about 8 seconds before I was flat on my back. I felt a bit panicky because it was faster than I am used to. I really can't remember the climb to peak, I was so gone. Post peak I see a bright white sun fill up my upper right quadrant of vision. It's like I have my eyes open (I'm sure I do not). It's like I am *there* wherever *there* may be. The space is somehow 'bigger' than consensual reality space. Several giant heads in Egyptian headdresses that were clearly 2-dimensional (which was extremely disorienting since the 3-dimensional space they were in had the sense of being 'larger'Pleasedapproached me. They were beautifully colorful and moved in very close to me, just watching. One woman gave me the most pleasing, welcoming smile. This went on until I was near baseline. I feel like what I've described is only 5% of the content. The rest was beyond description. I was unusually disoriented post-trip, like it was my first day on earth. It was an amazing experience.

I am really surprised at the outcome. I would have thought that this method would not work out so well. That it would be somehow weaker. As a bonus, taking three hits is simply way easier to administer than drawing in the whole dose and attempting to hold it for 20 seconds. That hold always felt very uncomfortable and difficult.

Hopefully my experience is interesting/helpful to anyone looking to try something different. I had a fantastic trip!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Psilosopher?
#2 Posted : 10/31/2018 12:43:45 AM

Don't Panic

I don't follow the three hits thing. I would not consider Joe Rogan an authority on DMT. He may be a spokesman for it, but he often spouts misinformation.

I do one huge slow draw, and i hold it in for as long as i can. I have no trouble with the inhalation, due to my breathing practices before i smoke. This may not be ideal for everyone. I smoke lots of ganja, i play the yidaki/didgeridoo and i do Tibetan throat singing, so my lungs can handle it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 10/31/2018 1:22:25 AM

Come what may

Terrence McKenna was big on the three toke thing too. Seems like the magic number for some. I don't count tokes. I just keep on tokin until I am where I want to be. I have achieved this with one hit and up to five hits. I like to toke until I am staring at my lighter like I just found an ancient alien artifact! What the hell is this thing??!!

Bah..Smoalk Moar!!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Exitwound
#4 Posted : 10/31/2018 7:59:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
Terrence McKenna was big on the three toke thing too. Seems like the magic number for some. I don't count tokes. I just keep on tokin until I am where I want to be. I have achieved this with one hit and up to five hits. I like to toke until I am staring at my lighter like I just found an ancient alien artifact! What the hell is this thing??!!

Bah..Smoalk Moar!!

For me it's when "the machine" bottle I am holding start vibrating, becomes very sharply outlined and multiplies itself in many directions and these reflections start spinning, that's when I know I'm in for a wild ride Smile

"Three tokes rule" is probably way to make it more fool proof in general.
How many tokes you really need depends on dose, your lung capacity, smoking method and many other things.

More often than not I am able to achieve desired result with two good tokes.

I've smoked with Yocan Evolve Plus too and noticed that to get there I need longer tokes and more of them (up to 4-5), than with "the machine".

DeeMenTalist
#5 Posted : 11/3/2018 11:07:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this 'third hit' thing initially came out of not efficient vaporization technique/devices. With the right aproach and device you can easily take it ALL in one big hit. And personally I prefer this way. One loooong hit and boom! you are there!

neb
#6 Posted : 11/4/2018 8:43:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

or just take a thought out pre-planned dose in a dab rig.
wake 'n breakthrough bebiii

Exitwound
#7 Posted : 11/4/2018 6:31:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You also don't need three hits to boof Rolling eyes