We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Mantises in hyperspace? And keeping a real preying mantis as a pet? Options

ajlala
#1 Posted : 11/3/2018 10:04:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking through the forum, preying mantises seem to be one of the more consistent "entities" encountered in hyperspace, with a lot of reports on here about them (as well as various mantoid like beings).

I've been searching for experience reports in the forum this week and reading a lot of them, and mantises really seemed to one of the most commonly reported themes on the Nexus (along with jesters, machine elves, and the occasional octopus, etc).

Some reports describe them as sinister, while others encounter the mantises as benign and benevolent creatures - one forum member (Nina) even draws pictures of them with love hearts in their eyes.

Another consistent theme appears to be their association with "hyperspace surgery", as well as various conspiracy theories relating to aliens. (This theme is also reported by Strassman in his book "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" ).

I'm agnostic as to whether they are simply a result of our unconscious, either through auto-suggestion (as a result of it being fashionable to report them online, and then people reading those reports and their unconscious creating this image) - or whether they are an archetype belonging to the collective unconscious? Or do you believe they might have some independent existence?

The commonness of this theme is interesting either way (for example, why are other animals like ladybirds, birds, etc, rarely reported in hyperspace reports on the Nexus by comparison, even though we see them far more often in real life?)

Although I've never encountered one myself, after doing all this reading, I had a dream this week in which I got a preying mantis to keep as a pet. Looking online after the dream, I found this is actually quite a popular pet. So I was also wondering if anyone here has ever tried getting one as a pet, perhaps in the hope of studying their "terrestrial ways and personality" in preparation for any hyperspace encounters?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Lowtones
#2 Posted : 11/4/2018 12:25:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never seen mantises personally, or at least not clearly/for any duration.

But keeping one as a pet sounds totally sweet, so you just gave me a great idea Thumbs up

ajlala
#3 Posted : 11/4/2018 1:17:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lowtones wrote:

But keeping one as a pet sounds totally sweet, so you just gave me a great idea Thumbs up

Lol, they're quite eccentric even in their terrestrial form.

POST BALONE
#4 Posted : 11/6/2018 7:22:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

had a very large one land on my fender as i drove my volvo , which was very near a very large unusually wooded area . at a large forest preserve near a river had a nother land near us and as at the time we had our kids who caught it , after photographing it i took it to a local guy who is an exotic pet fiend. that guy is also the gm of a luxery car dealership , and he keeps quite a few oddball thinks like lizards and geckos there in his office. that mantis lived in that dealership till it passed . there was an indecent with an irate customer , a very angry vocal woman with long hair , he told me after she finally calmed down and took a seat the mantis was in some sort of a large plant , and it launched out , flew and landed in her hair . he said it was the best thing he ever saw in his life and thanked me very generously .
All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Felnik
#5 Posted : 11/9/2018 2:49:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A friend has had mantis experiences on DMT.
hes described them as very large above him and very wise. Not a negative experience.
whats interesting about this is this person had no idea that a Mantis is something
that other people experience with spice. It was a pure experience for him.
i find it fascinating
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Fractalus
#6 Posted : 11/9/2018 3:30:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim also has mantis entities interaction,
5 rainbow color heads that speak's in wired languish and after that the jewlery jumping basketball that mckenna talked about.

in swim expirient hes legs touched the water and it was thru a sacred holiday of one first religions so he assume that they are entities that relate to sirius stars cause from channeling he saw sirius relate to water element and the holiday has relate also to water but this can be just swim way of looking of this expirience.

it can be the unconscious but basicly everything can be!
how you can know that your live is not a dream you have unconsciously and all things are happening in your unconscious mind and you will wake up when you die or work with large amount of dmt?>

so everything is unconscious after all, the unconscious mind is the place most of our behavior is act from.
for example when swim start to expirient with dmt he saw and "feel" chameleons every time he smoke the spice, one time he go to the woods for smoke and actually saw a chameleons for the second time in hes life in the place he seat to smoke and was blown away from the sincronisity, and from that expirience how can you know that hes unconscious just attract him to be at the right place and at the right time or it was just has no relate to the unconscious mind and just a co-insidete and have nothing in common?

swim sure you have expirient that when you think about someone you didnt see long time and the next moment he calls, or other unexplain co-insidente that are mind blowing.
all this expirients of sincronisity are commming only from the unconscious mind, there is no way your conscious mind can predict it, the conscious mind only have the capasity to handle wat was happened ant not things that gonna happend
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 11/9/2018 3:39:28 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

While I've not personally had encounters with the hyperspace mantoids. I've had this curious correlation a couple of times in a couple of different houses, including an apartment in the middle of the city, in which as I'm performing an extraction, a preying mantis will come and hang out outside my window and stay there throughout the whole process. Once I've finished up the extraction and packed the crystals away the mantis will vanish just as curiously as it appeared. I suppose they must be sending their emissaries to oversee the keymaking process or something. Surprised

I don't know about you, but I am always extra special nice to any mantis I meet in real life lest I should find myself having to answer up to their 8 foot tall hyperspacial cousins. Laughing
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Fractalus
#8 Posted : 11/9/2018 4:26:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow dreamer042 that is amazing to read!
its support and strengthening the connection of dmt and mantis in the physical world and not only in the spirit realm
thank for sharing with us this information Smile
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

ajlala
#9 Posted : 11/10/2018 12:40:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
While I've not personally had encounters with the hyperspace mantoids. I've had this curious correlation a couple of times in a couple of different houses, including an apartment in the middle of the city, in which as I'm performing an extraction, a preying mantis will come and hang out outside my window and stay there throughout the whole process. Once I've finished up the extraction and packed the crystals away the mantis will vanish just as curiously as it appeared. I suppose they must be sending their emissaries to oversee the keymaking process or something. Surprised

I don't know about you, but I am always extra special nice to any mantis I meet in real life lest I should find myself having to answer up to their 8 foot tall hyperspacial cousins. Laughing

Interestingly has anyone looked at the etymology of the word "mantis"!

Etymology
New Latin, from Ancient Greek μάντις (mántis, “soothsayer”)

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mantis#English

The praying mantis (Mantis religiosa) and other insects in the order Mantodea get their name from the Greek mantis, literally “one who divines, a seer, prophet,” which in turn is from mainesthai, “be inspired.”

https://uselessetymology...the-etymology-of-mantis/

Orthio
#10 Posted : 11/10/2018 12:59:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My second trip which occurred a few months ago featured a giant mantis standing outside of my window large on the pavement. This was part of a really challenging experience for me with the theme seeming to be death and the need to procreate, and to be honest I really didn't handle it well and daftly turned to a bottle of red to try and knock myself off to sleep. The trip only eased off for me right towards the end as I sat and calmly tried to take in what I was seeing (mostly the grey, dripping atmosphere of the room rather than the mantis outside), and I felt incredibly blessed and learnt a lot after this.

It threw me off completely to read that this was common for people to experience on dmt rather than lucy and that the theme of life-death is linked so heavily to it too. I really wonder if there was more that the mantis wanted to impart while I closed myself off because I don't know that the atmosphere of the room was definitely linked to them.

Sorry if that's offtopic; it's been really relieving to see so many delightful, colourful pics of mantises on this forum so I'm coming around to the idea of a mantis as a pet too ^^

ajlala
#11 Posted : 11/10/2018 3:53:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Orthio wrote:
My second trip which occurred a few months ago featured a giant mantis standing outside of my window large on the pavement. This was part of a really challenging experience for me with the theme seeming to be death and the need to procreate, and to be honest I really didn't handle it well and daftly turned to a bottle of red to try and knock myself off to sleep. The trip only eased off for me right towards the end as I sat and calmly tried to take in what I was seeing (mostly the grey, dripping atmosphere of the room rather than the mantis outside), and I felt incredibly blessed and learnt a lot after this.

It threw me off completely to read that this was common for people to experience on dmt rather than lucy and that the theme of life-death is linked so heavily to it too. I really wonder if there was more that the mantis wanted to impart while I closed myself off because I don't know that the atmosphere of the room was definitely linked to them.

Sorry if that's offtopic; it's been really relieving to see so many delightful, colourful pics of mantises on this forum so I'm coming around to the idea of a mantis as a pet too ^^

Thanks for the interesting story.

Yes you're not the only one to report this:

E.g.
"Mantis appears to me after freeze precipitation-IRL!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/DMT/comments/938ggx/mantis_appears_to_me_after_freeze_precipitationirl/

ijahdan
#12 Posted : 11/10/2018 8:21:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was trying to find a photo of it, but its lost on an old phone I think. Anyway, I was having a little changa session in the living room after my family had gone to bed, and on opening my eyes after emerging from the last reverie, I noticed that a houseplant, which I'd grown from seed, had assumed the position of a praying mantis. I took a photo, assuming it wouldnt look the same in ordinary consciousness, as is the case with most photos taken under the influence, but it actually did! Will upload if it can be retrieved.

Ive had quite a few insect related trips over the years, once a revelation that my skeleton was the exoskeleton of an ancient insect ancestor, buried by flesh over many incarnations, and another where I was gently wrapped in the soft, furry arms of a tarantula! Felt really safe and blissful, even though normally Im not a big fan of spiders...

ajlala
#13 Posted : 11/11/2018 2:02:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

In mythology and religion
The mantis was revered by the southern African Khoi and San in whose cultures man and nature were intertwined; for its praying posture, the mantis was even named Hottentotsgot (god of the Khoi) in the Afrikaans language that had developed among the first European settlers.[83] However, at least for the San, the mantis was only one of the manifestations of a trickster-deity who could assume many other forms, such as a snake, hare or vulture.[84] Several ancient civilizations did consider the insect to have supernatural powers; for the Greeks, it had the ability to show lost travelers the way home; in the Ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead the "bird-fly" is a minor god that leads the souls of the dead to the underworld; in a list of 9th-century BC Nineveh grasshoppers (buru), the mantis is named necromancer (buru-enmeli) and soothsayer (buru-enmeli-ashaga).[69][85]

https://en.wikipedia.org...n_mythology_and_religion

the_Architect
#14 Posted : 11/11/2018 3:27:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if you encountered one of them while on spice, or you just have approach this topic as an intelectual enquiry (they seem not to be Jungean arquetypes, by the way).

Mantis have been Pandora´s box for me, I haven´t seen the typical hyperspace fauna (gnomes, jesters, basketballs) but I did see a mantis a few times with my eyes closed, once it was trying to reach me, like pulling me with it´s arm. It did not feel friendly, so I opened my eyes and tryo to shake it off.
Some closed friends reported friendly contacts with Mantises.

The thing is, I started researching a little bit... I know there are rules in the forum, trying to keep it on the psychedelic sphere... but you end up finding correlations with other genre such as channeling community and UFO community (look for "mantis channeling", the literature is huge)... sorry to spook you, you mentioned being agnostic, good look being agnostic while having and extended use of the spice over time.

Most people say Mantises are benign, although there are a few ones which aren´t.
They also say that some of them, find sexual energy quite appealing and tasty, probably because they lack a sexual reproductive system and the whole array of human emotions (hyperspace delicatessen), so maybe they feed or are attracted to that (and they might drain you).

Here are some links on Mantises:

Channeling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Vh6bx79Go
Ayahuasca and hypnotherapy: http://soulsalight.com/category/mantis/
UFO: https://youtu.be/KJPmET3pPFc?t=765

Just one warning, if phychedelics are not confusing enough for you, these hole enchilada will keep you reading unbelivable stuff and making you lose focus and time on your daily life and obligations (job, food, friends, family, etc).

I hope you find it usefeul, goodluck!
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

ajlala
#15 Posted : 11/11/2018 7:58:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the_Architect wrote:

The thing is, I started researching a little bit... I know there are rules in the forum, trying to keep it on the psychedelic sphere... but you end up finding correlations with other genre such as channeling community and UFO community (look for "mantis channeling", the literature is huge)... sorry to spook you, you mentioned being agnostic, good look being agnostic while having and extended use of the spice over time.

Most people say Mantises are benign, although there are a few ones which aren´t.
They also say that some of them, find sexual energy quite appealing and tasty, probably because they lack a sexual reproductive system and the whole array of human emotions (hyperspace delicatessen), so maybe they feed or are attracted to that (and they might drain you).

Here are some links on Mantises:

Channeling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Vh6bx79Go
Ayahuasca and hypnotherapy: http://soulsalight.com/category/mantis/
UFO: https://youtu.be/KJPmET3pPFc?t=765

Just one warning, if phychedelics are not confusing enough for you, these hole enchilada will keep you reading unbelivable stuff and making you lose focus and time on your daily life and obligations (job, food, friends, family, etc).

Thanks for the message!

I've seen that as well, how the mantis is one of the themes in the alien abduction literature and UFO community. And I found that interesting as well.

My assumption about a lot of alien abduction experiences, is that people are experiencing sleep paralysis. The majority of experiences I read are reported in bed, and they match classic sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations. (I've had sleep paralysis many times, but gained control of it and don't experience it as a negative thing).

Rick Strassman's view is that those alien abduction experiences might be related to endogenous DMT release.

the_Architect wrote:

I know what you mean about the reading addiction! But the problem for me with aliens - which I also like reading about - is that I always end up very sceptical about the explanations the more I read people's experiences.

I've had one paranormal experience myself as a child (which had real physical effects), so I'm open-minded. But with the alien theories, often it seems to have a very negative, conspiratorial tone that seems to reflect more the unconscious worldview of the writers. Still the commonality with some psychedelic experience is very interesting and demands some explanation.

the_Architect
#16 Posted : 11/11/2018 11:59:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ajlala wrote:

My assumption about a lot of alien abduction experiences, is that people are experiencing sleep paralysis. The majority of experiences I read are reported in bed, and they match classic sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations. (I've had sleep paralysis many times, but gained control of it and don't experience it as a negative thing).

I think these encounters might happen during sleep (UFO), but I don´t think they are the same type as sleep paralysis:

I´ve experienced sleep paralysis myself also, and met some dark entities. Most of the time some dark silouhete or shadow, sometimes you feel like the crawl on your bed. Last time it was like that girl from "the ring" movie, the girl on the water well. She threw some water at me from a bucket and I woke up... anyway, no one ever explained these sleep paralysis phenomenon to me in a consistent way. Until I started reading and watching yt videos of people whom I would deem flamboyant before having tried DMT, these new spiritual people: channelers, mediums, healers, etc.
They say these shadow entities belong to the "lower astral realms", they are not really that powerfull, they can only attack you during sleep because you are at your weakest (they like scaring you and feeding from that feeling), but if you try to face them, to make them announce or identify themselves, to claim their intentions, they will go away.
Also, I have felt I was under attack a few times during my sleep, but not my these weak entities, I have some techniques to defend myself, I´m not sure if they are legit.

To conclude, I would differentiate these lower astral entities from sleep paralysis, to other ET or spirit entities. I think some of these people really had ET encounters.

Are you familiar with the so called "implants", not necessarely physical you can touch (like Cartman anal probe from south park) more like invisible implants put in your spiritual body or something like that.

PD: you can share your paranormal experience if you want, it´s interesting to find other weirdos.
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

ajlala
#17 Posted : 11/12/2018 1:27:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I think these encounters might happen during sleep (UFO), but I don´t think they are the same type as sleep paralysis:

I was wondering about that as well. However, I read a lot of the abduction reports (for example, on Reddit). And almost all of the abduction reports occur in this junction between sleep and waking, when sleep paralysis happens.

In addition, they often involve multiple typical aspects of sleep paralysis - inability to move, hearing loud noises (ringing sounds), and visualization of the room.

As I have a lot of experience with sleep paralysis, it makes me quite sure that simple sleep paralysis explains many of these reports.

Quote:
I´ve experienced sleep paralysis myself also, and met some dark entities. Most of the time some dark silouhete or shadow, sometimes you feel like the crawl on your bed. Last time it was like that girl from "the ring" movie, the girl on the water well. She threw some water at me from a bucket and I woke up... anyway, no one ever explained these sleep paralysis phenomenon to me in a consistent way. Until I started reading and watching yt videos of people whom I would deem flamboyant before having tried DMT, these new spiritual people: channelers, mediums, healers, etc.

They say these shadow entities belong to the "lower astral realms", they are not really that powerfull, they can only attack you during sleep because you are at your weakest (they like scaring you and feeding from that feeling), but if you try to face them, to make them announce or identify themselves, to claim their intentions, they will go away.
Also, I have felt I was under attack a few times during my sleep, but not my these weak entities, I have some techniques to defend myself, I´m not sure if they are legit.

I've gone through a progression with sleep paralysis, where I experienced the elements separately, which makes me sure it has a prosaic explanation.

When I first started getting it, I used to just wake up paralyzed but with no other effect. When I realized what it was, I was just able to wake up some moments later (move my body). This is a kind of incomplete wakening, where your body is still paralyzed as during REM sleep, to stop you acting out your dreams.

At other times, when I was semi-sure what was happening, I would start to have classic hallucinations - hearing loud noises or feeling that our cat had jumped on the bed or onto me (which is uncanny when you are living away from home).

And finally, in times when I really wasn't sure, I would imagine myself walking around the room, or opening the curtains (to see the people who were making imaginary loud noises outside the house - I always imagined people were having a party outside). In these cases, I projected an imaginary bedroom in my mind, was walking inside this imaginary room, and heard loud people partying outside, while I was paralyzed in the bed.

In each stage, the level of hallucination depended on how aware I was that I was having sleep paralysis (where the less aware I was, the more I hallucinated, or sometimes entered another dream).

In addition, whether I had sleep paralysis or not depended on my sleep schedule (it happened very often, when my sleep schedule was different, or when I was having a siesta).

Finally, for some years, I often woke up with scratches on my body, unconnected to sleep paralysis. However, I realized this was being caused by histamines similar to dermatographic urticaria, when I found that it occurred when I took diphenhydramine (which regulates histamine). Moreover, I had experiences where this happened (random lines of "scratches" forming on my skin) in front of my eyes during the daytime after having showers, after I had taken anti-histamines, and I was able to draw scratches on my own skin when I was having this allergic reaction just by touching the areas. These scratches were formed by lines of dots, which then formed blood over them some hours later (so they looked like someone had bloodily scratched you with several nails, but they were originally formed by an allergic response).

If you put all these phenomena (which I've experienced separately) together, and combine it with a certain sleep paralysis hallucination about aliens - you could explain most of the abduction stories on sites like Reddit (which is how I became more sceptical of them, after realizing this). Combine them at the same night - sleep paralysis, a particular hallucination, the loud buzzing noise, and waking with scratches all over, then this is what many of these reports are.

The fact so many of them occur when people are going to sleep, or waking up - and that they combine these symptoms together - seems to give away that they are sleep paralysis cases.

Quote:
Are you familiar with the so called "implants", not necessarely physical you can touch (like Cartman anal probe from south park) more like invisible implants put in your spiritual body or something like that.

I know this is reported in some DMT, Ayahuasca, and high-dose psilocybin experiences, and also was reported by shamans who use Ayahuasca traditionally in the Amazon. However, the shamans interpret the experience in terms of spirits, while in the West we interpret it more often in terms of aliens. (The concept of aliens and hi-tech implants only seems to be in the Western reports, while the shamans report them as being magical stones being placed in their body by spirits).

antares
#18 Posted : 11/12/2018 12:13:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't feel comfortable with the idea of keeping a mantis or for that matter, any other wild creature in a box for personal amusement. I understand that people keeping them can be very caring etc, but these creatures don't seek and respond to human company the way domesticated animals do.

AikyO
#19 Posted : 11/12/2018 1:50:34 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

In the field I crossed paths with some mantis. Very funky sweezy beings.

On thing I found amazing was their eyes. In the case they are green, those are yellows and possess two black dots, fixating you and following you around. Other insect do but due to the color and presence of the mantis, it's somehow special - though dragonfly are very sweet in that regard too, more fuzzy and cool.

I stumbled upon a male and a female mating. So they couldn't run away and I could gaze at them like I wante too. Tje face of the male, tinier, was above the one of the female. So I had four black dots looking at me on 360° when I would move my head around them. It felt SO much like DMT, like entities - the presence, the way it felt, the rotation of the eyes around an axis.

Have you ever seen yourself through the eyes of the one you are seeing?
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

Handel
#20 Posted : 11/26/2018 2:05:52 AM

Little sheep lost in woods

As others said, do a search for UFOs and Praying Mantis aliens. They are the bosses of the so called Greys. There is a definite connection between the beings people report on psychedelics, meditation (there have been reports), and UFO abductions.

12NEXT