We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Physical location and DMT. Options

SeekingPelican
#1 Posted : 10/25/2018 6:54:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some days I ago I posted about my concern of having multiple DMT experiences that were very weak. Eventually I was able to return to powerful DMT experiences, but the question always remained in my mind of why there might be such profound differences in trip ‘quality’. I keep a record of all my experiences that includes physical location and time, as well as details of the actual experience.

I was looking over my log and noticed that all of my weaker experiences were done in the same location. I had not made that connection until now. So, I did an experiment. I prepared a dose of 28mg and administered it in my troublesome location. This location is indoors in a clean, quiet, comfortable room of my home. Sure enough, my trip was very underwhelming. Weak, shadowy visuals and light somatic effects.

When I returned to baseline after 30 minutes, I prepared 25mg and administered in a location where I recorded my most powerful experiences. This location is outdoors; also clean, peaceful, and safe. I was swept into a small modest temple of four walls with a woman in the center, sitting on pillows in the lotus position, under a flowing canopy. My consciousness melted into the temple and I realized that I could become the temple. As I surrendered, the temple and the woman glowed bright white. There was a small piece of myself that intervened and cautioned me that I would lose myself forever if I went too far. Although this is a poor description, I felt that I was 5% me, and 95% pure consciousness. The sensation was so glorious. As the temple began to fade, I started to regain sensation of my feet and my head. I could feel itching in both. I asked ‘why is there pain?’. The temple answered ‘pain is a facet of forgetting.’ I emerged with tears.

We all know that ‘set and setting’ and key ingredients to a powerful experience. I believe I have collected strong evidence, for myself at least, that proper setting is even more than a clean, comfortable, safe place. I believe that the physical geo-coordinates are also a critical factor. Indoors vs outdoors are another obvious factor (although I have had many powerful experiences indoors in other rooms of my house).

I am certain that my own expectations of how this experiment would turn out could have played a huge role. However, my notes of prior journeys predate this expectation, and the results are consistent.

I hope this report is useful, or at least interesting, to someone else.

Peace.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Nydex
#2 Posted : 10/25/2018 7:50:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is indeed a very interesting observation that I haven't encountered anywhere else. I personally believe in the sacred geometry and its capability to alter reality and shape consciousness. Try observing your surroundings very carefully - check for interesting geometrical patterns at both of the places you compared. I'd love to hear your findings.

Be well. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Galaxis
#3 Posted : 10/25/2018 11:33:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I can agree with your observation. Mine is right the opposite. Basically, in my room is good. Outside is not so much weak, but probably diluted and darker travels.

DmnStr8
#4 Posted : 10/26/2018 12:19:21 AM

Come what may

I have noticed this as well. Comfortable is comfortable. I am not going to go toke up some DMT laying on the bathroom floor or on a busy downtown street corner cause that would suck. Sounds like you honed in on a very good space for your DMT trips.

Someone else could perhaps have no problem in the same room you found underwhelming and vice versa have an underwhelming experience themself in your super duper spot. Do you have any friends that would be interested in helping you conduct an environmental test with DMT and sed locations? If so, I would not tell them what your experiences have been like in these spots as that would likely influence the results. Be interested to hear the results should you do this.

I have created a really nice indoor spot for DMT. I can disappear into the wilderness rather quickly where I live, so finding a chill outside spot is gravy. When I step outside these spots I have found journeys underwhelming, dull or in my opinion sub par.

Personally, I think it is highly subjective. What I find appealing, someone else may not.

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

SeekingPelican
#5 Posted : 10/26/2018 4:12:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:

Personally, I think it is highly subjective. What I find appealing, someone else may not.

Warm thanks all for the interesting replies.

DmnStr8: I was thinking the same thing regarding an experiment with others in my various trip spots. Unfortunately I am not aware of any of my friends using DMT. This would be a very interesting experiment to conduct!

In terms of subjectivity, I think I understand your point. However I feel that my 'weak' trips are not bad or unpleasant, they're just plain 'weak.' Mild head buzz, pale visuals. I am just guessing, but I bet anyone with experience that could step into my head and experience the same thing would say 'pffft...that was pretty weak.'

You have advised me in the past, and I believe you are correct, to simply accept whatever comes my way when it comes to DMT. However I still find it interesting that my 'bad spot', which is perfectly comfortable, quiet, and safe, has yet to yield anything but weak experiences, and I even once dosed 45 mgs in this spot, which to date is my strongest dose, yet delivered nothing more that a buzzing feeling in my head. I would love to get down to the actual 'truth' in this matter!

Nydex
#6 Posted : 10/26/2018 9:20:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SeekingPelican wrote:
However I still find it interesting that my 'bad spot', which is perfectly comfortable, quiet, and safe, has yet to yield anything but weak experiences, and I even once dosed 45 mgs in this spot, which to date is my strongest dose, yet delivered nothing more that a buzzing feeling in my head. I would love to get down to the actual 'truth' in this matter!

Even though beauty to the eye is often beauty to the soul, spice operates on a different layer of perception. Maybe only the surface of that place (what you see) is perfect. On the level of the molecule this spot might have some energies that influence your trip. Same thing goes for your other spot outside.

Just a thought.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

pastanostra
#7 Posted : 10/27/2018 12:01:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings for your promotion !

This is a very interesting thinking.
I know people who practise dowsing (looking for natural source of water and more),some can help ppl for building their house according to the grid of High energy places. According to their toughs, the earth is gridded by magnetic field of energy, theses fields decompose in smaller unit at a smaller scalle. According to the medium, putting your bedroom or bathroom at a certain place can be a good thing or not. The energy can flow or be blocked if not "accorded" to the local magnetic field. It can be an orientation thing or a to do thing in the room.

Sometimes, rooms or place hold something or can let something expanse, the energy could be the common factor, some dowser have tool to measure it and may be a goodinteressting theory to look on.

SeekingPelican
#8 Posted : 10/27/2018 12:43:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you pastanostra!

I've added this to my bucket list: do DMT at the Great Pyramid of Giza. Risky, but I am betting it yields a hell of a trip report.

POST BALONE
#9 Posted : 10/28/2018 5:27:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey pelicanguy - are you familiar with Bob Weir's Great Pyramid of Giza story ?

if not you can see him retell that in the documentary "the other one" - netflix

perhaps the strangest, most inexplicable part of the event was how the ancient energy of the locale manifested during the performance. As Bob Weir explains “I felt the weight of the antiquity. Time went away. Future, past, all of it was right here…when the Pyramid was lined up with the Sphinx, I would hear echoes that seemed to go far beyond this place in time. At dusk, the mosquitoes come out, and I looked at my arm and it was covered by mosquitoes. And I’m thinking ‘OK, welcome to Hell.’ And then something flies by my face–it was a bat! I look across the stage, and the stage is swarmed with bats, and they’re taking out the mosquitoes, they’re saving our asses! Here’s a rock’n’roll band on a thousands of years old stage at the foot of the Great Pyramid, surrounded by a cloud of bats…and I think to myself ‘take me now, Lord, I wanna remember it just like this.'”

and for my friends who are in so much of a hurry they can not read - you can see bob and hear him tell the story i pasted above in the documentary "the other one" - netflix
All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Lowtones
#10 Posted : 10/28/2018 7:01:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
I have noticed this as well. Comfortable is comfortable. I am not going to go toke up some DMT laying on the bathroom floor or on a busy downtown street corner cause that would suck.

I think this really is the main point. Hamilton Morris of Vice describes being out on the streets of NYC on psychedelics as a great experience. That he can really feel the love. As someone who experiences NYC somewhat regularly, I could never see myself doing this, but he's all about it.
http://podcastnotes.org/2018/06/28/morris/

I would love to try outside at some point, but only if I know for just about 100% certainty that I'm not going to come across someone else. If it's that level of seclusion and I'm otherwise comfortable, I think that would be ideal, but I haven't had that chance.

Do ley lines and other geographical markers and points of power exist? Could they influence all manner of things, including psychedelic experience? I don't know. I'm not sure anybody -knows-, but it is an interesting concept.